Help-Going to do a budget rebuild the target is 11.99 at least once.

Yeah you can use that 84 front cover with the 84 block, as long as you have the 84 oil pan also. That hotair stuff is all 14 bolt on the pan, so your intercooled motor pan and cover are a no go.

I don't think the steel caps are necessary for a mid 11 car. There are too many high mile stock motor cars with a cam, springs, turbo, ic, converter, and tire cars going a lot faster than that for me to think that would be necessary. As mentioned before my car on the lowest boost possible has the potential to hit 11s (by looking at my mph, anyway) and I am running 14 bolt block with stock crank, rods, mains, and even hyper pistons. I know if it goes lean, it'll shatter that piston, but I am going to be methodical about it. I don't think I can will make enough power (67 turbo and gn1 heads) to shake the mains enough to need steel caps. We will see. The forged pistons would be a much better buy than the steel caps.

Do the cotton pistons have any part numbers on them?

Yeah you can use that 84 front cover with the 84 block, as long as you have the 84 oil pan also. That hotair stuff is all 14 bolt on the pan, so your intercooled motor pan and cover are a no go.

Do the cotton pistons have any part numbers on them?

yes i have the oil pan to go with the motor.

they do have part #s on them i'll check them in the morning and take some pictures too.

Those are .030 over turbo pistons, but they are not forged. As far as I know there should be an F in the part number to designate that they are forged.

Bryan

Those are .030 over turbo pistons, but they are not forged. As far as I know there should be an F in the part number to designate that they are forged.

Bryan

i did a few searches and some came back as forged and some don't say.
I have been trying to find an interchange source but no luck.

Here is some pics in a different thread. Yours may be forged.

Bryan

Dropped the block of at the builder today.
The PAIN IN THE REAR wasn't happy to see an 84 block and b-itched for ever about it. Hopefully this thing gets going soon.

Nothing to worry about for the numbers you want to run. I drilled and tapped mine in the garage. Put my cam, heads, intake, and front cover on it. It was used and I had fun with it. More so because it wasnt a high dollar short block!:biggrin:

Nothing to worry about for the numbers you want to run. I drilled and tapped mine in the garage. Put my cam, heads, intake, and front cover on it. It was used and I had fun with it. More so because it wasnt a high dollar short block!:biggrin:

thanks exactly what i want to hear:biggrin:
He is still trying to talk me to a 109 BUT this is what i already have and my cheap a$S doesn't want to BUY anything that i already have.

Which front cover did you use?

Update here! Where do you stand on this what parts do you have, what machine work has been done and what do you plan to order next. Multiple threads on the same car/build only make a mess. Drivetrain information only at this point.

Update here! Where do you stand on this what parts do you have, what machine work has been done and what do you plan to order next. Multiple threads on the same car/build only make a mess. Drivetrain information only at this point.

yeahh that went a lot further then i wanted.
May be Ty can merge them??

Parts on hand
84 long block - $400.00 a long long time ago
Used TRW L2481 .030 over $107.00 in 2006

OK i gave in to the pressure and bought this today from a local in NJ

Attachments

• IMG_1322-Internet.JPG
    IMG_1322-Internet.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 319
it is a budget build :confused:

the crank, pistons and rods are going to the machine shop tomorrow.
i am still on the fence on which cam.
206/206
210/206

on top of trying to decide on which cam
i am also on the fence on the lifters
GM lifters part # 17120070
Or
Sealed Power Lifter
Part No: HT-2270 From Advance @ $130.21