Headers??

Originally posted by njturbo
Who is best builder for a long block on these engines. I am in NJ therfore Conn and Baltimore are not that far.

There's also Dale Cherry at Borelli Automotive (or Machine, and I probably misspelled it :) ). In PA, north of Philly. Ran 8's with his own car for several years, and now I think he's driving for someone else. Lots of experience building and tuning Stage motors.

Does anyone have a picture of Champion ported race intake? There web site has been under construction forever. :rolleyes:

Hey njturbo

I'm sure we must have crossed paths, I race at Acto & Etown all the time. My shop is Berrel Auto Repair (215) 659-8549 and is in PA. I drive my own car at local events & for Bob Borelli at some of the bigger events. Borelli's car is a BB/AT 87 GN
Orange in color. Best E.T. of 7.51 @ 180 mph

Dale,

I think i have seen your car. You are closer than Maryland. Do you do alot of stage motors and do you set-up Fast?:confused:

Dale does the programming for his own car and Bob Borelli's.
He also worked with Joe Copson and Dave Kopple. I think I spelled dave's last name wrong. If he can get a PT-100 to spool on a v-6 I think he can tune your combination. I have no problem telling you to use him. In fact, I friend of mine does business with them and said that Dale is "good people".

Dale,

When you get a chance let me know if you are taking the beast out again. I can not wait to hear about your first 7 second pass.

I do 2 to 3 stage II motors a year. I run a FAST System in my own car . I'm also a FAST Dealer , I sell & set-up complete systems for all types of motors.

Originally posted by Quick86GN
Hey njturbo

I'm sure we must have crossed paths, I race at Acto & Etown all the time. My shop is Berrel Auto Repair (215) 659-8549 and is in PA. I drive my own car at local events & for Bob Borelli at some of the bigger events. Borelli's car is a BB/AT 87 GN
Orange in color. Best E.T. of 7.51 @ 180 mph

Welcome to the board, Dale. Sorry I got Borelli and Berrel confused (that's why I was so unsure of the spelling).

Dale,

What brand of headers & downpipe do you recommend to your TR customers?

What do you think about BB turbos?

TIA! :)

Originally posted by njturbo
Where can i get a set of 83lbs injectors. :D

You could post in "parts wanted".. :) Let's try and keep the S2 forum on track with S2 related questions. FWIW, PT&E and any number of other vendors will sell you 83s.

Headers

So back on track. Who's going to step up to the plate and offer twin turbo headers for GN-1, stock headed type engines??

I'll take a set of them. I'm easy, I don't have A/C or heat to worry about..

Ted

Re: Right You Are, NJ!

Originally posted by Two Lane
ATR even has their own twin-turbo GN!

Awesome!

:)

Nope, and Nope. I don't know if ATR has anything but the chassis they bring to events; if so I sure haven't seen it in the last few years. They offer single turbo headers for stock style heads (stock, GN1s, M&As), single turbo headers for S2 heads, and twin turbo headers for S2 heads. They don't offer twin headers for stock style heads, and their twin turbo headers for S2 heads aren't useable with stock accessories.

Tony DeQuick at CAS has made a couple of sets of the near-mythical ;) Project X twin turbo headers that fit stock heads and accessories; he has never put them into production.

I don't mean to sound like the mean spirited grinch, but we sure are seeing a lot of mis-information posted in the S2 forum lately. I would hate to see people get any more confused than some of you obviously already are! :D :) :)

Gee Kendall, i am looking at ATR'S catalog and i see where they claim they have a twin turbo GN:confused: and as far as wrong post or incorrect information, i thought that is what this board was for to learn and get more educated maybe that is why s2 form has been so dead. I think people are getting afraid to post any of their ideas either correct or wrong. :( :(

Note for Kendall

Have you been to the ATR facility on Hwy.11 in Fair Play, S.C.?

I was there last week, & the twin-turbo GN is 20 feet inside the front door.

No misinformation from me!

:)

Stock ECM

Can it run into 9's and low 10's or is fast a must for a stage 2 project producing 700-800hp. I just seems very sensitive to tune. Not many people here in NJ mess with it.:confused: