Headers??

Damn, me confused? thats an understatement!! Rich, Da Pumpkin is back together, lookin a little like a creamcycle, but ready to rock. We plan on coming, hope the weather co-operates. I been jonesing over the lack of racing, so I been playing with my Harley, been racing that at LVD. A lot different launching a Harley than a Ttype. Are you guys going both sat and sunday? Depending on the weather, we may only come sunday. Tentatively planning on both days, but it doesn't look good.

Hi Jack,

Heres the forecast for weekend:

Saturday: Cloudy skies. High near 75F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday (24 hours): Cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 60s.
Sunday (24 hours): Partly cloudy with a stray thunderstorm. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the mid 60s

I plan on going both days..........see ya down there.

Safe travels

I am in all day Sunday, may have to go into work on Saturday in morning for a little end of month. :( :(

NJ for what it's worth "historically" the Sunday event is a longer drawn out event where you usually get only 2 time shots before elims. Saturday will be the smaller event and more runs should be had.

Just my experience from going to Buick weekend for well over 10 years.

damn thats a tough one to remember that far back. But if I remember correctly, After melting the piston at Etown earlier in the year, I raced all summer with a higher compression piston in the #1 hole. I kept pushing the gasket on #1, I believe thats what happened after one run on 17lbs of boost, pushed the gasket. I pulled the motor and freshened it after that with new pistons and it's been awsome ever since. :cool: The heads had cracked and been repaired long before that day.

Yea great just more GN1 success stories. Just bought a pair of GN1R heads. I hope i have better luck:(

nj,
If their the newer castings dont worry about em, Champion seemed to have cured the cracking problems on their latest designs. I havent heard or read anyone complain that the new castings have cracked.

I have seen the pics you had links to and they look like the newer design. Champion added more Beef along the 6 o'clock bolt areas and below the sparkplug area. If you recently bought them and they havent been sitting on that vendors shelf for a couple of years then you have the new design.

You are correct, i beleive you are right. They are the new design. They seem to be beefer than the GN1'S i have seen. Therfore i will put my adam's apple back in my throat. I have not really got any ideas from anybody on a down pipe. I have 4 bolt ATR headers, what do you guys think. External gate? Who's down pipe. Thanks:)

Heads & Headers

NJ,

If you haven't already, use the search feature above, type in Champion AND head, & in particular, read the thread titled:
"Champion Heads? Read this!". I hope you have the 3rd design.

That thread, & others like it, are why several of us are waiting on the TA head.

On the downpipe, I think you'd like the external WG, & a HKS
or TiAl (Titanium Aluminum) WG. Especially since you have ATR headers, the ATR DP with the header mount WG is a good choice.

HTH :)

Two Lane,

Why did i just get that feeling that my adams apple is back in my throat:eek: :eek:

I beleive i have new design, i am beat anyway just paid 2k for heads. I am sure you saw the pictures. Oh well, hopefully i do not have problems if they are new design. :confused:

NJ,

Tomorrow, why not call Champion direct, and ask them how you can positively identify whether or not you have the VERY latest
(and supposedly improved) design? There are bound to be specifc identifiers about the heads, ie, serial numbers, micrometer measurements, casting changes...something.

Then, you'd know. If they were found to be an earlier design, and if you were to decide to sell them now, at least you'd be cutting any losses early.

Hey, don't ask me how much I've dropped on parts & stuff I changed my plans on later! lol :)

HTH

Hopefully All Will Be Fine

NJ,

That's good news!

Have those valve guides checked locally (by a good shop like Rich's or Jack's) to make sure they won't be dancing on top of a piston later on!

And, to be on the safe side, set your rev-limiter at 4200 max.

(J/K...lol!)

:)

MONSTER BARGAIN

NJ,

The motor that has "Y-O-U" written all over it is on eBay right now!

Twin turbo Stage II...best of everything...with a Buy It Now! price of $14K...GREAT DEAL, DUDE!!

I'll help you break it in, too!!

Want me to send Vinnie around with the papers for a loan?

:cool:

HTH---------------------------------------------------------------------------