Headers??

Well i look at this way, in the winter i can take off the 76 and snow blow the driveway:D :D

According to PTE the PT-76 Q-trim 4-bolt turbo is capable of making 900hp which would put a full weight TR into the low 9's so it's more than enough turbo for low 10's!!!

NJturbo, with that bore and stroke you have 267cid.which I would agree on using a larger cam, Cal runs around a 236/236 solid roller tight lash comp cam. Your GN1s will need new valvesprings installed if it was set up for no more than .500 lift(which the 210/206 has less than) the cam you stated would be good for a 231cid but with the extra cubes you have I would recommend no less than a 220 roller cam.Bigger cams are more docile in larger motors. I have a Champion CNC ported factory intake its very nice,IMO if you would like to run a Bowling green intake,I beleive Cal has one and Conley may have a few too. I dont really like that intake it moves the coil pack&module up higher and the plug wires get sliced up by the wiper rods! The ported Chapion intake is good for 9s,and looks like a unmodified factory intake from the outside. Personally I would go with a 70 or 72 4 bolt turbo both are more than enough to hit the 9s and will require less stall than the 76 which equals better drivability and less heat.Remember were talkin 4 bolt turbos not 3 bolt, so more is not better when driving on the street!

Later
Frank

Awesome advice. I will be giving that alot of thought. Thanks for the clarification on the cubes. I will keep you guys posted on the mods. Need more money:D

Yeah that is very good advice from Frank and if I was you I would definately go with a bigger roller cam (220 or bigger) cause like he mentioned the bigger cams are more docile in larger motors and you have a 267ci S2 motor that can handle a lot of rpm (not a stock block 231ci motor that can only handle 5800-6000 rpm max)!!! As far as the turbo any of the 70 series 4-bolt turbos will easily go 9's (especially with GN1R heads, a good size roller cam, etc.) so if you don't mind running a little higher stall the 76 will work or you could get a 70 or 72 4-bolt.... or if you want the best turbo for a street driven car get a ball bearing turbo (they are NOT cheap, but they seem to spool better than the non ball bearing turbos which means you can run less converter which = better drivability and less heat like Frank stated). A good example of this is Neal Steward who uses a T-76 BB turbo with a Vigilante 9.5" 3600-3800 stall Lock-Up converter:cool:

Originally posted by njturbo
WOW very close set-up to mine. I am shooting for low 10's. :eek:

I'm doing this with 235". I would go with the 72 turbo if low 10's is all you want. I am running a 218/212 hydrolic roller in the stock block. This thing will run mid 10's with everything wrong, and that's what yours will do.

Jeff Harrington has ran 9.8's with a Erson 210 flat tappet cam, so I can't say you are stuck with a big cam to reach your goals.

I think you should spend the $$ and get some parts that are more than you need that way if you want to go faster it will just need a little dial turned in the right direction.

Ted A

Great advice, i agree with you a little more is better as i would like to break in engine a little then turn up the wick. Hell maybe i can get a high, high 9. Who sells the Ball bearing Turbo's? Well to everyone this has been a great thread for me. I have learned alot from some of the best people i have ever met in the auto field. However guys, we still need to discuss fuel/convertor and injectors. I know all you guys will say it depends on Turbo size. So let's say i am going with a T-72. Give me some ideas for injectors/convertor/and fuel delivery.

Innovative and Turbonetics sell the ball bearing turbos, but Jack Cotton www.cottonsperformance.com could give you the best price on one since he deals directly with both Innovative and Turbonetics. As far as how much injector for a T-72 on the first page of this thread Chuck Leeper mentioned that he has a T-72 BB turbo and he uses 96# injectors and I think a Weldon 2015 fuel pump with upgraded lines would take care of fuel delivery pretty well considering it can support 1200hp @ 80 psi. As far as the converter maybe the Old Geezer (Chuck Leeper) will step in and tell us what kind of stall he is using (I'm guessing it's around a 3600-4000 stall converter).

Cool, i cannot wait to get this ride done. What is it like to drive a 700hp GN on the street, must be awesome. :eek:

yea, The tickets are awesome too:eek:
As for the injectors 72-75#ers should be considered the smallest to use for the performance your seeking. Fuel pumps that most use are either the weldon or Aeromotive pumps. Some do still use the staged double pumpers (2 walbros) but if one pump was to fail motor damage could result!

Later

Frank

Who is best builder for a long block on these engines. I am in NJ therfore Conn and Baltimore are not that far.

I've heard a lot of good on this forum about Bill Anderson (EightSecV6) who is in the Baltimore area. BTW, his phone # is 410-282-9335 if you're interested. :)

Originally posted by 86brick
Innovative and Turbonetics sell the ball bearing turbos, but Jack Cotton www.cottonsperformance.com could give you the best price on one since he deals directly with both Innovative and Turbonetics. As far as how much injector for a T-72 on the first page of this thread Chuck Leeper mentioned that he has a T-72 BB turbo and he uses 96# injectors and I think a Weldon 2015 fuel pump with upgraded lines would take care of fuel delivery pretty well considering it can support 1200hp @ 80 psi. As far as the converter maybe the Old Geezer (Chuck Leeper) will step in and tell us what kind of stall he is using (I'm guessing it's around a 3600-4000 stall converter).

I have made a pass with the same injectors running a Weldon 2025 pump and left the switch in street mode:eek: . The pump runs at least 1/2 speed(actually variable with a dial), There was no positive O2 correction in the run. One awesome pump.

You will definatley need 3600-4000 stall. I am still working on my convertor and when I can I'll update on it's performance.

Chuck is at the pharmacy getting more nitrous pills, so he may be gone for a while;)

Ted

Yes i hear Bill knows his stuff. That is probally where it will go. Are the ball bearing turbo's really that much better????

Originally posted by njturbo
Yes i hear Bill knows his stuff. That is probally where it will go. Are the ball bearing turbo's really that much better????

There has been debates on that. I didn't read any conclusive evidence. I'd like to see some datalogs on before and after, using the same size turbo's on the same day, that would convince me.

NjTurbo, you really need to consult with someone about your motor and goals. When I say this, I mean 1 person. There are a million different people here with a million different opinions, and when something "doesn't work" later on or you dont get the performance you're looking for, you're going to get 100 million different opinions again. If you stick to 1 person's "recipee", then you'll be able to consult that person and if you have a problem he'll be able to help.

I'd hate to see you waste a bunch of money, thats all. What works in some combinations may not work in others, especially when it comes to things like Cam, Turbo, Converter, Heads, Tuning, and who builds your motor.

Hope this makes sense.

This is my opinion... but you know what they say about opinions right? ;)

Justin is correct. You can take notes on who is running what, and that WILL get you into the ballpark, but when it comes down to slapping the $$ down, make 1 guy in charge and accountable for the time/work done.