Hartline Performance THS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clint. is there any way you could split the race classes up to use a Friday and Saturday format? Example run TSR and the dial in classes on Friday and then the rest of the heads up on Saturday. If so I think alot of people would double dip and have a blast.

Take care, Kip
Better example would be to run THS with the dial in classes! :biggrin:

Clint is fantastic at putting on events and having them run very smoothly so whatever he decides I'm sure will go very smoothly and be fun for everyone.

Take care, SW.

Holy crap!!:eek: That Buick is in for one HELL of a workout come March...

Eighth mile will be alot easier on the engines so why not get into multiple classes.:biggrin: As long as my wallet is up for it why not. Should be fun.

You will see far less head gasket failures across the board as well as less catastrophic losses on the big HP cars.

Bryan

Better example would be to run THS with the dial in classes! :biggrin:

Take care, SW.

Scott, I hope that example did not make you mad. It was just an example. My thinking was run all the new stuff seperate from the established stuff to give the new classes a better chanced at car count.

Later, Kip

Clint. is there any way you could split the race classes up to use a Friday and Saturday format? Example run TSR and the dial in classes on Friday and then the rest of the heads up on Saturday. If so I think alot of people would double dip and have a blast.

Take care, Kip

No, Eliminations for all categories will start Saturday between 11am and Noon. In the event of a very large car count we MAY only have 1 round of qualifying Saturday Morning. I won't know that answer until sometime Friday evening therefore it will be announced on Friday evening and Saturday Morning.

Scott, I hope that example did not make you mad. It was just an example. My thinking was run all the new stuff seperate from the established stuff to give the new classes a better chanced at car count.

Later, Kip
Kip, That stuff don't make me mad in the least bit and that is why there was a Smiley after it. (More like kidding around). With THS only run one year so far and only at a couple events it's not far from New it's self! Either way i'm sure Clint and Shane will run a great event and put us all together.

See ya, Scot W.

And even less with properly built engines.

See ya, Kip

AMEN! If at this level you are still blowing head gaskets,you better take a step back and rethink your setup.
Short of there being a failure in parts(IE,fuel pump,injectors,etc...)

AMEN! If at this level you are still blowing head gaskets,you better take a step back and rethink your setup.
Short of there being a failure in parts(IE,fuel pump,injectors,etc...)

I would bet that there are alot of stock bottom end cars still out there that may run in this event, even with the tune being dead-on if you turn the boost up far enough to be competitive in this class there will be head gasket failures at a quarter-mile event, not so much at an eighth-mile event.
This should be a great event with a pretty high car count.

I would bet that there are alot of stock bottom end cars still out there that may run in this event, even with the tune being dead-on if you turn the boost up far enough to be competitive in this class there will be head gasket failures at a quarter-mile event, not so much at an eighth-mile event.
This should be a great event with a pretty high car count.

I really hope so!! with the payout we are banking on it. ALL we can do is try!! Only thing we have no control over is Mother Nature. I really hope she is good to ALL of us because technically we will still be in winter, Spring starts March 20th on Saturday!! Also we will have an extra hour of daylight as DST starts March 14th!!

Has there been any decisions made concerning the billet turbos?

Thanks
Bryan

Has there been any decisions made concerning the billet turbos?

Thanks
Bryan

Good question. Nine out of ten 67 turbos we have sold in the last year have billet wheels. It's going to be hard to convince a guy to buy a cast wheel just to run this class.

Good question. Nine out of ten 67 turbos we have sold in the last year have billet wheels. It's going to be hard to convince a guy to buy a cast wheel just to run this class.

Hey Cal I have a question for you on this subject...Can you get a Billet 67 with a 3" inlet??

Yes, you can. In fact I don't think you can tell the difference without pulling the inlet pipe off. I suppose you could lightly hit the compressor wheel with a sand blaster and make it REAL hard to tell :eek:

Someone please make a decision on the billet turbos.
PLEASE!!!!!!!
I hope to have the new motor fired up this week and get some tuning in on the F.A.S.T.
I hope I remember how to mess with the settings.

Bryan

Phoneguy, watch the THS section and you will have your answer soon.

Take care, Kip

Thanks Kip!
I don't care either way but before I make a move to be able to run this class I need the info. I would love to run this class and others but sometimes it is just not in the cards. There is still a couple of other races I could get into but the car was built to run so... why not if I can get another turbo.

Bryan

no billet wheel 67,s.would not be fair to the guys who already set up our cars to run ths class.or add 200lbs ballast to the billet wheel cars since nobody knows the potenial of the billet wheel.one thing every body knows they spool quicker and flo far more air than a old school 67!

Status
Not open for further replies.