Gun experts please come inside.

Well, went to the local Gander Mountain today to check out some of the S&W J-frame (small frame) revolvers they had and after feeling them in my hand they just didn't feel right so I decided to step up to a medium frame S&W (K or L) .357/.38 revolver which is the stock service revolver series. The one I will be ordering unfortunately won't be hamerless, but for the most part I will probably just use it for home defense and some target shooting at first anyhow. I plan on getting a holster so I can have it ready to go in the glove box if needed.

I did check out the Taurus Judge and that is also a sweet piece and very affordable. Might be another gun I pick up one day. They had the S&W .500 and holy sh!t that thing is a monster!!!!!:eek: That's what I call an Elephant gun LOL!

If you are considering the smaller bullets go with the best...

FN 5.7X28:biggrin:

FN3868929120.jpg

I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 and or a Sig P228 (my favorite pistol of all time)

Whatever you get..... practice....practice....practice

my only issue with a 380

is impact of round, i know you can buy a hot load for it but i'd prefer to take care of business if needed. i don't think i'd ever carry anything less then a 9MM, but then again i have a taurus 22, the one where the top pops up and you can insert your bullet and run the round down with the clip. never carry it i just always wanted one. my wife owns a llama 380 with alot of detail to it and i think i was the 1st to fire it, darn gun isn't even broke in, looks just like my 1911A just a baby version of it.

which beretta

beretta's are made in brazil and spain if i remember correctly. alot of people prefer the latter as they are suppose to be superior to the brazil made one's. if you line up a taurus 9mm 92 or 99 and a beretta they look almost idential if not identical. so which model are you talking about. my taurus looks like the beretta that also pops the top and is a 22, they also make a 25 caliber in that top pop model.

beretta's are made in brazil and spain if i remember correctly. alot of people prefer the latter as they are suppose to be superior to the brazil made one's. if you line up a taurus 9mm 92 or 99 and a beretta they look almost idential if not identical. so which model are you talking about. my taurus looks like the beretta that also pops the top and is a 22, they also make a 25 caliber in that top pop model.

I have no idea. Lol. I was just wondering about the Beretta and the quality of it.

beretta is a good gun

i've never personally owned one but law enforcement used to carry them. until they needed something to bring someone down that may be tweeked out. so now most carry 40-45's and most are either glock or smith, springfield, and other name brands.

beretta's have a wide ejection port and are high capacity if your looking at a 9mm. 16 rounds or maybe 15 if i remember. easy to break down and clean.

For the revolver fans.

Here is an awesome comparison video of the S&W 686 Plus and the legendary Colt Python~

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j26aIgo667w[/YOUTUBE]