GSXR1000...Should I run for $$

If you cant find a 9.50 time slip in your car from a run you have made with your car resently.A wise man would keep his money

I would run him for fun...1k is way too much.. either way don't b*tch out like some are suggesting and run him.. you win some you lose some... but again 1k is too much

I'm a little to old for peer pressure but I do agree with your post:cool:

Still want to run him, even if we only bet $100. I have 2 things stoping this from happening for now, dont know if he will come out to play, and dont know the rules at the track about running a car and bike down the track together.

I think my car would run bottm 7's(maybe crack 6's) on the juice and a few other mods. Hell, it run 7.6 94mph last weekend on street tires and 19psi. With the stock turbo at 22psi and 50 hp the car run 7.39 best 1/8th mile.

I'd have to be making over 550rwhp with the juice and 25psi, that should put me close to 700 ft lbs off the line. My trap from last weekend shows around 425rwhp, and that was turned down. One thing I've learned about nitrous and boost over the years is that the shot you run makes nearlly double what it does n/a.
You should run 6.50 if you have 550whp.

Not for nothing but that gixxer will chew you up and spit you out that's a 9sec bike with a good rider and that would be me:wink: save your money for more mods then run him good luck

Not for nothing but that gixxer will chew you up and spit you out that's a 9sec bike with a good rider and that would be me:wink: save your money for more mods then run him good luck

X2 I havent been on a bike for a while but the last bike I was on was a 1000 In stock form with a pipe I went 10.20 and Im not the best rider. then my buddy added a turbo kit and engine mods and he went right in the eights:eek: I rode it on the street with the turbo and its just stupid to scary for me:biggrin:

Don't run for $$$.....FYI: Motorcyclist magazine published 1/4 mile times for a Stock 2002 GSXR 1000 at 9.96 @ 148.8 mph..............that was back in 2002!!! :eek: Like posted above---save your money and some embarrasment and let it go....:eek:

Sounds like your gonna run him no matter what anyone says so just one thing before you do. Replace the Buick emblems with Chevrolet and all the Grand National Emblems with Monte SS emblems so atleast the rest of us can save face.:biggrin:

I do have an alky kit, but it's currentlly not on the car or tuned for it. However, I do run a 110/93oct mix when I crank the boost. I just replaced te hg's this time last year and have studs.

This race isnt looking to good for me from what you guys are telling me:redface:

Definately not if he car ride you're toast. I had an 02 gsxr1000 and it weighed 430 lbs and had 145 hp, Do the math thats almost 3-1 power to weight. :eek:

Hope you didn't lose your money........ hopefully you took heed and quietly passed on this one. Post back with an update.

NHRA will not allow a bike and a car on the track together. IHRA tracks will or at least they did in the mid 90's. I had a bike back then and would go to US 41 dragway and beat up on cars a lot. It was a 94 cbr 600 with a 900 rr motor. It ran a 9.9 at 145. Fooled almost everyone. Unfortunately one person fooled me! As said on Mr. Deeds "never under estimate the sneakyness"! There is always someone smarter/sneakier.