First run since I bought it a year ago

Reaver

So as the title implies I have had the car for a year now and no one wants to run me. I guess people in this area knows whats up with the big black brick. I decide I want to take the car out one last time for the season with the crew. Well my buddy has a 98 Mustang GT with a bunch of work done. Heads, Cam, 3.90 gears, long tubes, catless and straight piped exhaust and just got the car back from getting a D1SC Procharger put on this week. He's only running at 8#s because its a stock bottom end. I think he dynoed 410 at the wheels. He refuses to go from a dig because he's worried about his stock tranny. So he agrees to go from a 30 roll. He gives the 3 honks and I'm off. I pull 1.5 almost immediately and then he levels off and I continue to pull him past triple digits. I pretty sure I had him by 3-4 when we let off. He says he spun through 2nd gear. Who knows. My other friend was like," damn I think you made him mad that he just dropped $9k and got beat like he was in reverse." I'll let him simmer on that run until spring for a rematch. His room mate is getting his 95 Z-28 back from getting an STS Turbo installed this week and we'll go three wide. Lets see how that goes :)

Last edited:
Nice. Always fun to have a long term rivalry. Keeps you focused on improvements. ;)

Most races, I seem to forget about. Rivalrys I remember forever.

Mike B.