GSCA-Official Class ET & MPH Records???

Joe Lubrant

" The Right Stuff "
During receipt of many tech calls for help in recommending combinations for some class car preparations, I have been asked what are the official records and by whom?

TSS

TSM

TSE

TSO

I know that Dave Bamford holds the official record for TSM 9.57@142.

Cal Hartline has run an 8.57@159 with a TSO type car at 60-80# light for the class on that run.
Not sure what the car has run in class competition at legal weight.

Has anyone kept a record or can provide info per class?

Joe

I heard a rumor that a mr. lubrant would have the record this year. TSO is a very exciting class good luck to all this year.

There should be some 8.3 passes by the end of the year!

TSS

The best pass at the nats is Red. I think 10.37@131. He may have gone faster, maybe low 30's but I didn't see it.

Originally posted by Dusty Bradford
TSS

The best pass at the nats is Red. I think 10.37@131. He may have gone faster, maybe low 30's but I didn't see it.

Thanks Dusty,

It would be nice to have Offical class records published for all heads-up classes on TB.com Board or GSCA Site.

Maybe Nick M. or Ron J. can add some light on the subject?

I guess it would also be nice to list best ET/MPH obtained by any Legal Class car at other Chapter T/R race events other than BG or Reynolds that adopt the same rules. (TSM already does this)

This might help some of the Mis-Information as to what some Cars/Class/Combinations have run?

Joe

I'm pretty sure Willard Brown holds the record for TSE running 9.64 @141mph although I did hear from someone that he did run 9.40's @145mph in TSE trim, but it wasn't at an official TSE race..... It would be nice if one of those GSCA guys could step up and clear the air on what the official records are!

Well, considering the fact that there has only been one official TSO race, it's pretty easy to find the fastest "legal pass at an official event". Just look at the 2003 TSO qualifying ladder.

FWIW: I have run an 8.62 in TSO trim at the Southern Outlaw 10.5" Shootout at Bradenton. I also went several 8 second passes at the Buick Southern Nationals last year with a best of 8.65.

I doubt there is any mis-information about my car since my buildup is listed on the home page of this site, in this months GM High-Tech, and also on my web site.

Hurry up and finish your car Joe!! BG is just around the corner! Then you can tell us about YOUR buildup ;)

TSS class

thanks 86brick, to many rules, you can have a stage block, but no front mount or alumium heads! who is going to have a stage motor and not have that stuff! thanks for the information!! ed z

Can someone breakdown what the classes stand for? I know I am a new guy.
Thanks

Re: TSS class

Originally posted by et10sec
thanks 86brick, to many rules, you can have a stage block, but no front mount or alumium heads! who is going to have a stage motor and not have that stuff! thanks for the information!! ed z

Ed, are you trying to fit into one of the classes?? If you have a stage block with a front mount and aluminum heads your best bet would probably be to race in the TSE class http://www.buickgsca.com/race_rules.htm#TSE

As far as a breakdown for all the classes and what they stand for here goes.....

TSM- Turbo Street Modified

TSS- Turbo Street Stock

TSE- Turbo Street Eliminator

TSO- Turbo Street Outlaw

All of the rules and classes from the GSCA can be found here.....
http://www.buickgsca.com/race_rules.htm

TSE class

thanks 86brick, will buick race day in norwalk have this class & that would be firday? just a street car, with a/c , full interior. 9000 miles, many thanks . ed

Re: TSE class

Originally posted by et10sec
thanks 86brick, will buick race day in norwalk have this class & that would be firday? just a street car, with a/c , full interior. 9000 miles, many thanks . ed

Ed, I'm not sure if the Buick race day at Norwalk will have the TSE class..... Maybe somebody could chime in that knows.....

who is going to have a stage motor and not have that stuff!
red armstrong runs that, i have heard rumors that the rules sometimes are wrote around 1 car.

Originally posted by HighPSI
Well, considering the fact that there has only been one official TSO race, it's pretty easy to find the fastest "legal pass at an official event". Just look at the 2003 TSO qualifying ladder.

FWIW: I have run an 8.62 in TSO trim at the Southern Outlaw 10.5" Shootout at Bradenton. I also went several 8 second passes at the Buick Southern Nationals last year with a best of 8.65.

I doubt there is any mis-information about my car since my buildup is listed on the home page of this site, in this months GM High-Tech, and also on my web site.

Hurry up and finish your car Joe!! BG is just around the corner! Then you can tell us about YOUR buildup ;)

Cal,

My intention in post was to get the best possible information for Class/Car records.
Didn't mean to give you the impression that there was any misrepresentation of your cars performance. You have throughly documented it. When I stated 8.57 @ 159 it was documented by you on TB.com with a statement of approx. 60# or 80#? light for TSO. I was just echoing a fact that you stated, and/or reflected in some of your older signatures. If I was wrong I apologize and stand corrected.

In any event 8.57 or 8.62 @159 is awesome, and is the mark for other TSO competitors.

OK lets see what I have so far:

TSS-- 10.37@131 Red Armstrong

TSE--- 9.64@141 Willard Brown

TSM--- 9.57@142 Dave Bamford

TSO--- 8.57/8.62 @159 Cal Hartline

Guy's thanks for the posted information provided, if there are any corrections or updates let me know.

Joe

Joe there is one correction for the TSO class. Since TSO is only run in BG, then that would be the only place the record could stand.

Not to take anything away from Cal, the TSO record would actually fall to Dave Fiscus. On Tuesday at the Nationals, straight off the trailer Dave's car ran an 8.85@157 in legal TSO trim. The rest of the week he ran in the low nines, with most being 9ohs. Now the 8 second pass was not accomplished during eliminations, but it was during the event. If you are going by eliminations only, then both Dave and Tony Gomes went 9 flat some time during qualifing or eliminations.

HTH................Ken Hagood

Joe, no offense taken! Your car probably has the fastest TSE time. Didn't you go a 9.13 in qualifying back in 2001?

Ken is correct. Dave was the fastest TSO car with a 9.03 (which made him #1 qualifier).