Gravity feed -vs- Acceleration g's

There is another item that will not allow the car to start,the 3 bar map

If it has fuel pressure , and it has spark.. It's got to run.

There is another item that will not allow the car to start,the 3 bar map

If it has fuel pressure , and it has spark.. It's got to run.

Brand new 3 bar came in the XFI senor package.....Being cool, it runs like normal, being just bit warm, Nodda...I wish this was that easy,just tell the car it has all it needs, an it works...not in this case.

turnon should be a few degrees above the thermostat opening temp...theres no reason to run a fan when coolant isnt circulating

turnon should be a few degrees above the thermostat opening temp...theres no reason to run a fan when coolant isnt circulating

Your forgetting about the tranny cooler. i have 160* stat. ,I'm set-up for hwy high speed crusing, I crusie at 80mph in o.d. at just 2100rpm,or will again once i kill this bug my car has.

if coolant isnt circulating its doing the trans cooler no good either
cruising the fans shouldnt even need to run , just wasting the motors on them

i set mine 168 on 163 off at track and summer time cruising .
to improve fuel economy for longer distance cruises and during winter time i set fans at 185 on 178off

160 thermostat

We figuered it out....It was how the Alky power green wire was ran into the foamed over connector in the glovebox, The connector's wiring was loose, so when any heat or jolts (like when you shut the door that time) it would short out an take the Map Sensor with-it. With the car running if you shook the connector the car would stall. It was funny becuase you could take the map sensor it's wired to an shake-it in certin rythum an you could make the car Lope on the cam but pig rich,shake to hard, motor dies.

Before with the problem...
IMG_3545.JPG

Cal took it out an ran it differant way now an the car runs for ever now...Whew!!!

IMG_3546.JPG

Still thank you for coming out that day, there was alot other thing you did fix.
(now my smartarse comment, i knew i'd get bit in the arse having a Ford guy work on my Buick again...hehehe) 8^)

I didnt get involved with that area of the car. Would be nice to get a new harness made doing away with that foam clear/black connector plug assembly. Understood its more work when installing something like the FAST.. but it prevents any future re-occurence of possible bad connections.

If your going to the Old Town show they do in late Feb, let me know and i'll bring a plug-n-play harness for that purpose. Well as much as plug and play can be o_O.. but get rid of that factory wiring thats 27 years old on the MAP sensor to FAST/Alky connection.

Sometimes you have to break some eggs to make an ommelette.. one loose wire kicked some butt. Just took a youthful set of eyes under the right conditions to find it(Cal).

HelloBozos said:
We figuered it out....It was how the Alky power green wire was ran into the foamed over connector in the glovebox, The connector's wiring was loose, so when any heat or jolts (like when you shut the door that time) it would short out an take the Map Sensor with-it. With the car running if you shook the connector the car would stall. It was funny becuase you could take the map sensor it's wired to an shake-it in certin rythum an you could make the car Lope on the cam but pig rich,shake to hard, motor dies.

Before with the problem...

Cal took it out an ran it differant way now an the car runs for ever now...Whew!!!

Still thank you for coming out that day, there was alot other thing you did fix.
(now my smartarse comment, i knew i'd get bit in the arse having a Ford guy work on my Buick again...hehehe) 8^)

A data log of this occurring would have answered this long ago.

A data log of this occurring would have answered this long ago.
Yeah.. but it requires a working computer hooked up and recording at the exact time that it happens. Some things are meant to be tougher to find. When I was there few months ago and this happened that the car wouldnt start.. things appeared normal.. but who knows..