Gravity feed -vs- Acceleration g's

HelloBozos

A Bozo in Buick
Before i hopefully don't find out by leaning out..., Is it possible to out G-Force in "forward acceleration" a Gravity feed alky pump mounted feet forward of it's Alky tank? Or is there at least some kind of pull from the Pump to prevent that?

Your not fast enough :D.. yet to worry.

Call me when you 60 ft in the sub 1.3 range ;)

Did you figure out the dying car issue? Was it the ignition module?

Ok,was just curious on whens the time to loose the kit style alky, an go Pro. We'er still working on the car dieing,Looking like when the fans come on, the XFI quits. The Ign. Mod was good. (the new one i got was bad or wrong type,the 3rd act's like the first one)

Thanks for the reply

Ok,was just curious on whens the time to loose the kit style alky, an go Pro. We'er still working on the car dieing,Looking like when the fans come on, the XFI quits. The Ign. Mod was good. (the new one i got was bad or wrong type,the 3rd act's like the first one)

Thanks for the reply
Wonder if it could be crank sensor, or wiring to it. The cam sensor wont let it die once running.

The fan issue.. dont know.. shouldnt have anything to do with the FAST. In the end it could also be a an issue with the XFI box. Anything is possible. Just need to swap main parts until the issue goes away.

As to the tank, faster guys.. mid 9's.. have shown if the tank is kept full, no issues with pressure. Once the tank gets half way on a very hard 60', the pressure can fall of on the launch.

HTH
Julio

it can fall off on hard acceleration but not because of gforce affecting fuel flow through the line , the pump will pull fuel even from the trunk . it can fall off on hard launch because all the liguid in the stock GN reservior gets forced to the rear of the tank and the outlet being at the front goes dry and theres only so much liquid in the feed line and once its gone pressure will drop , a fix would be install an upright reserve bladder (like a small 16 oz overflow bottle) inline beside the pump to carry you for a few seconds until the fluid settles back, that would also allow reserve to cover a full pass even if the main reservior were at empty
my fix was to position the tank with outlet at the rear since i usually run the tank past half after a couple runs
with the outlet at the rear like a sump fuel tank i can make a run with only having alky at just about where the low sensor is active at rest.

otherwise just keep it topped up , that seemed to work on logs where running it even a couple inches low would show signs of a pressure drop near top of first , but this was track conditions coming off a tbrake

Wonder if it could be crank sensor, or wiring to it. The cam sensor wont let it die once running.

The fan issue.. dont know.. shouldnt have anything to do with the FAST. In the end it could also be a an issue with the XFI box. Anything is possible. Just need to swap main parts until the issue goes away.
Julio

I just left my car....everything as has been replaced in that aspect. Even wiring an connectors, The Mech's has now gave up! Cals outa town another week,"""" If you think you could come figure it out, Please let me know..."""""" It's not the xfi box, i just tried different one yesterday Holly sent us....The car consistently Die's like you saw when you closed the door that time an over $2000 on swapped parts hasn't fixed anything. I have Caspers ign. tester now just in case. It has to be a wiring issue...But Where....??? This problems gone on for 3 months now...Nobody has a solution yet. So i'm stuck like chuck...8^(

Thanks for Alky info, I'm dieing to try-out the new deul spray you added...

it can fall off on hard acceleration but not because of gforce affecting fuel flow through the line , the pump will pull fuel even from the trunk . it can fall off on hard launch because all the liguid in the stock GN reservior gets forced to the rear of the tank and the outlet being at the front goes dry and theres only so much liquid in the feed line and once its gone pressure will drop , a fix would be install an upright reserve bladder (like a small 16 oz overflow bottle) inline beside the pump to carry you for a few seconds until the fluid settles back, that would also allow reserve to cover a full pass even if the main reservior were at empty
my fix was to position the tank with outlet at the rear since i usually run the tank past half after a couple runs
with the outlet at the rear like a sump fuel tank i can make a run with only having alky at just about where the low sensor is active at rest.

otherwise just keep it topped up , that seemed to work on logs where running it even a couple inches low would show signs of a pressure drop near top of first , but this was track conditions coming off a tbrake

Cool, makes since, Thanks

Thanks for the reply
"We'er still working on the car dieing,Looking like when the fans come on, the XFI quits." What does the log show for voltage, when this happens??

Chuck Leeper said:
"We'er still working on the car dieing,Looking like when the fans come on, the XFI quits." What does the log show for voltage, when this happens??

I've been asking that same question for days

He now has 5 threads talking about the same issue

I've been asking that same question for days

He now has 5 threads talking about the same issue

Razor was at the car when i started dealing with the stalling issue.Me an him got stuck in the middle of the road for 10 min. in the car,fuels good,volts good,we didn't see any errors, I called Razor in to make sure i wasn't leaking alky an floading out. The Alky was all good,i even upgraded!
I don't know the exact volts, becuase i was never behind the lap-top, Juilo or Cal was/is.

Volts on car are fine

Just doesn't start like the crank sensor or ignition module are faulty. Let it cool down and fires right up.

I don't think it's related to fans. As we let the car sit an idle a long time.

Wonder if it could be vapor lock. I don't remember if we looked at fuel pressure when this happened.

Volts on car are fine

Wonder if it could be vapor lock. I don't remember if we looked at fuel pressure when this happened.

The Fuel tanks vent line was wide-open,(you don't re-call but i asked you were all those vacuum lines went up front an to the ball under the fender)we've since ran fuel pressure test,all's good there. As Julio seen, my car got wired back the way the Mech thought it should go, an not how it Should of been. So i'm pretty sure it's still a wiring issue. Julio helped me out alot an we spent 6 hours fixing mistakes about month ago. Thanks again for that too....
I'm thinking the issue is the XFI wiring got ran an grounded with other accessory's an it's conflicting the XFI box an making it go into bypass mode.
I'll figuer it out if it means a total re-wiring...

Poor heat sink at the module??
Engine dies, put a COLD rag on the module/coilpak, & the base. Restart?
Drive it w/ the gas tank cap off. Still do it?

Poor heat sink at the module??
Engine dies, put a COLD rag on the module/coilpak, & the base. Restart?
Drive it w/ the gas tank cap off. Still do it?

Was cool to the touch when swapping them out,( i got 3) ,My intakes jet-coated, so there not alot of heat,unless it's a shorting-out heat.I'll try the cap off, but the psi gauge on the fuel rails nice an solid with key on an the vent line in front is unrestricted. Fans come on at 130*, then just after that,after they ran a while the stall ocurres ,Its weird..I'm hunting it down.

I dont think they do at 130. You can look in to the system parameters and see fan on temp? But that doesnt kill your car and not let it start.

So you swapped ignition modules.. same deal?
Did you try crank sensor? And also confirm balancer is tight....

So you swapped ignition modules.. same deal?
Did you try crank sensor? And also confirm balancer is tight....

Yeap, swapped them out, But, the one i swapped it with was bad from the get go,(couldn't get the car startred Peroid then) Bought #3 an it works like the original,so the Originals was still good.

Bought new crank sensor, an caspers wire connector splice,it all works till the shut off still.

Checked the harmonic balancer, Bolt off, no play. The rubbers not torn.Timings still the same after the shut off.

Bought XFI's whole GN senor kit, Still die's.....Lastly i just tried a differant XFI all together, Same Effect, Dies in short peroid an can't restart it.

Werid!!!

stupid question ..why are the fans on at 130

Just how there set now. Let's the motor get up to operating temp quicker then if i had the fan's run at the key on. Car doesn't get over 185 even with huge RJC front mount, (i'm in Florida)