Grand National Aerocoupe! It's happening...

I don't know anyone would screw up a gn like that. If someone wanted a aerocoupe just go find a ss monte carlo.

That's just rude, i myself said it wasn't for me but it is still a really cool project. what you said is like saying "hey you look like crap, no offense" saying no offense doesn't make being rude acceptable in my opinion.

Anyone who owns a grandpa car with a fast azz engine should know the slogan "different strokes for different folks"

I hate the aerocoupe's. They are frickin ugly. Doesnt look any better on the Regal either. Sorry, just my opinion.

I REALLY don't mind of you say it looks like crap...really. It's your opinion and I respect that. It's fine with me.:p I've already owned a Monte SS Aerocoupe.

See at least there are honest people here, they state what they think not what others think they should say. Hats off to them.

It is his car and he can do as he pleases with it !

Different stokes for different folks; if we all liked the exact same thing what a dull world it would and no progress . . .

Happy conversion.

Oh and I am still on the end of the plank, never was an Areocoupe fan.

I can relate to the amount of work you are putting into this project, if you are not happy with it in the end you can always put it back to what it was.

Once done, you will drive the appraiser nutz for a value. :eek:

Latter AJ

You could always tell people it's the "super secret FBI Model" and watch their faces.:biggrin:

I'd be VERY curios to see a before and after 1/4 mile to see if the "aero" makes it more aerodynamic....was gm on to something :confused:

well were fasback mustangs faster in the 1/4 than plain ones? i have no idea. but im sure somebody could shed some light.

I'd be VERY curios to see a before and after 1/4 mile to see if the "aero" makes it more aerodynamic....was gm on to something :confused:

IMO, the car would be slower. To me the Aero Coupe stuff looks heavier than the regular g-body deck lid, glass, rear shelf.

IMO, the car would be slower. To me the Aero Coupe stuff looks heavier than the regular g-body deck lid, glass, rear shelf.

On the super speedway the Aerocoupe had the lowest drag. When the lumina hit the scene some of the teams still ran the aerocoupe on the superspeedways because it had better straightaway speed.

Lumina handled better but the aerocoupe had lower drag

How about this for a fender emblem?

GN%20Aerocoupe.gif

Aerocoupe%20Emblem.jpg

bigok.gif

Oh man that is the best! Tops the cake right there! I was going thru the thread and saw that and it won me over! :D As soon as it's done I'd put it on eBay 1 OF 1 RARE test Aerocoupe Grand National! Prolly get 50K for it then you can laugh all the way to the bank at the haters! :biggrin: Once it's all done you MUST take it to all the Buick events for sure! Ohio, Bowling Green, tb.com, and all the big ones. Install a mic on the outside of the car somewhere recording in the trunk and just listen to the comments :) Can't wait to see the finished product. :cool: Just keep in mind THIS is why Baskin & Robbins makes all those flavors of ice cream!

Thats bad ass!I'm not partial to aerocoupes,but thats an excellent job!I know that's a lot of work !

GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!

Keep it UP!!!!:D:D:D

LOOKS AMAZING look forward to seeing in person some DAY!!!

JD

Normally, I hate Aerocoupes, but I like the fact that you are taking a vision and making it reality. The fact that you aren't some hack makes me like it more. The emblem idea is a must! The only thing that would make it better is if it was a GNX! ;)

The aerocoupe was built to eliminate the Low-Pressure area created by the OE flat rear window that would create lift at NASCAR speeds (~180MPH)

I doubt it would make an aero difference for drag racing, considering the rear window is one heavy MOFO.

Do keep in mind that overall aerodynamics would be improved... the Regal body does have a better shaped nose.

To make it look OEM the triangle patch panels by the window need to be welded and smoothed into the Buick (the orig upper trunk jamb)and make the only seam the trunk lid itself. Otherwise it looks added on IMO.
Its not my style, but I like chasing rabbits, and my friend, you caught yourself a rabbit!

You couldn't have done that to a normal n/a regal?

That would "label" the car as not only being a hybrid Grand National but a cloned one too. A genuine GN is the only way to do this...:D Too bad I'm not rich because a GNX would've been put under the knife instead of a measly ole' GN...:eek:

That would "label" the car as not only being a hybrid Grand National but a cloned one too. A genuine GN is the only way to do this...:D Too bad I'm not rich because a GNX would've been put under the knife instead of a measly ole' GN...:eek:

T-TYPE / GNX / GRAND NATIONAL / ITS STILL A REGAL HAHA CUT IT UP AWESOME WORK :wink::wink: