Grand National Aerocoupe! It's happening...

This is a great build. I am glad to see this finally coming together. Truely done in the spirit of hot rodding and not being scared to do something different. Old hot rodders switched grills, hub caps, head and tail lights and much more from different makes and models.

Congrats on the build.

Last I checked he owns the car........... so he can do whatever he wants to it........ oh, and doing what he is doing is 100 times better than parting one out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely!!

I thinks its cool!! Great job!!

I cant decide if i think its ugly or not, but it sure as hell is awesome!

I hate the aerocoupe's. They are frickin ugly. Doesnt look any better on the Regal either. Sorry, just my opinion.

Super awesome !! looks good!! I would buy it if it were up for sale. You know what.. I would put a Grand Prix dash setup in it and that's no sheet.:cool: Just don't do that to a GNX LOL...

Not much progress lately but here's the latest...
I've extened the tray out to match the width of the Regal. It gave it more support and got rid of all those spot weld holes.

DSCF1476.JPG

DSCF1483.JPG

DSCF1485.JPG

DSCF1487.jpg

DSCF1490.JPG

DSCF1492.JPG

It's a MIG welder I bought about 12 years ago...MAC TOOLs 130. I think its the same as a MILLER.

I sanded down the welds after welding them with a grinder to make them clean looking.

I dont know anyone would screw up a gn like that. If someone wanted a aerocoupe just go find a ss monte carlo. Just my opinion, dont mean no harm or offense.

I dont know anyone would screw up a gn like that. If someone wanted a aerocoupe just go find a ss monte carlo. Just my opinion, dont mean no harm or offense.

That's just rude, i myself said it wasn't for me but it is still a really cool project. what you said is like saying "hey you look like crap, no offense" saying no offense doesnt make being rude acceptable in my opinion.

Yea, maybe I should not have said that. Maybe i need to keep my opinions to myself, just like you need to!

I REALLY don't mind of you say it looks like crap...really. It's your opinion and I respect that. It's fine with me.:p I've already owned a Monte SS Aerocoupe.

EDIT:
Hopefully, this weekend there will be more progress. As of right now, I'm getting some dents out of the rear edge of the roof where a tree limb fell on it a few years ago.

Waaaaaayyyyyyy to 80's for me bruh!! I never liked Aerocoupes...they looked like they didn't belong on these boxy bricks we call cars.
However

The fact that your manned up and did it becaue you wanted and liked it is what it's all about haha and aint nothing like a 1 of 1 ! ;) Can't wait to see it finished!

Waaaaaayyyyyyy to 80's for me bruh!! I never liked Aerocoupes...they looked like they didn't belong on these boxy bricks we call cars.
However

The fact that your manned up and did it becaue you wanted and liked it is what it's all about haha and aint nothing like a 1 of 1 ! ;) Can't wait to see it finished!

I totally agree!:D It gonna be such a GREAT conversation piece at car shows!!! It'll get a lot more attention than 10 Grand Nationals sitting next to each other... all looking EXACTLY alike.;)

I totally agree!:D It gonna be such a GREAT conversation piece at car shows!!! It'll get a lot more attention than 10 Grand Nationals sitting next to each other... all looking EXACTLY alike.;)

I'd craft a real good story like this was the car Buick wanted to run in NASCAR in 86 but Ford complained it was too fast so they had to stick to the Lesabre.