Grand National Aerocoupe! It's happening...

This is what the end result will be...

GN-leftrear.jpg

AerocoupeGN5.jpg

GNAEROCOUPE.jpg

Looks exceptional..nice work!..you'll never here the end of "NICE MONTE" for sure.

GC

Very nice. I like it. It's nice to see that there are still people around that have the skill and are willing to take the time to do things the right way. When you are done it is going to look factory. My career is autobody repair, and I have worked with so many hacks. You are no hack.

That is really starting to grow on me...make 2:tongue::biggrin:;). I need one also. You need to get with NOT-A-CARLO, and use his screen name...you fit it better than any of us now.:cool:

Bravo,
Coach

I'll have to weigh all the parts before I install them. I want to know this myself. I'm going to guess probably about 80lb or more.

Last I checked he owns the car........... so he can do whatever he wants to it........ oh, and doing what he is doing is 100 times better than parting one out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about this for a fender emblem?

GN%20Aerocoupe.gif

Aerocoupe%20Emblem.jpg

Last I checked he owns the car........... so he can do whatever he wants to it........ oh, and doing what he is doing is 100 times better than parting one out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigok.gif

How about "Aerocrap'e" :D

Very nice work Vernon! Between my engine bay and your GN Aerocoupe, we should completely confuse people at car shows:confused:

How about "Aerocrap'e" :D

Very nice work Vernon! Between my engine bay and your GN Aerocoupe, we should completely confuse people at car shows:confused:

Ha-ha...yeah...now, all I need to do is get a 88 Cutlass Supreme front clip and a Pontiac Grand Prix interior and really have a HYBRID. "HYBRID T's" car comes to mind.:cool:

How about this for a fender emblem?

GN%20Aerocoupe.gif

Aerocoupe%20Emblem.jpg

Loved the idea when I first heard it :biggrin:
Love it even more now that I see the progress :biggrin::biggrin:
Really love the Emblem idea. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

This coming from someone who plans to put a '79 Century Turbo Coupe body on an '87 frame and drivetrain with a GNX suspension :eek:

Great job!!!

...cant wait to see it all done and painted!!

Difference is always cool.... it will definitely stick out against the sea of black and welds, etc.....

Looks different and I like it. No different than someone making a GN convertable.
If Buick had done this to a limited amount of cars to qualify them for NASCAR, would they then desirable?
The aerocoupe rear window on the Monte and Grand Prix was meant to aid the airflow over the spoiler on the super speedway cars back in the day. I think I remember one of the drivers saying the window on the Buick and the standard Monte's made them really a hand full to drive at speed.
Can't wait to see it finished, you have a lot more guts and talent than I do to start cutting on a nice car.

I contemplated this for years.... the SS rear glass, trunk and package tray make an easier conversion than the fiberglass riveted together crap pontiac did to the GP aero.

The conversion for the MCSS is harder to remove from the donor due to the HUGE number of spotwelds to drill to get it out.

Props for having the balls to do it!

I saw it when you posted the info the first time and wondered how you did it. If I had the parts then I might just attempt it myself just because it's a unique conversion that will confuse everyone.

Anyone who owns a grandpa car with a fast azz engine should know the slogan "different strokes for different folks"

I "voted" for you a while back to go for it... I like ingenuity and things that make you scratch your head... like is this a prototype?
I wonder after it is completed how many people will tell you they had one... or had a friend that had one, ha!

Because it is his car, his money, his time, and because HE WANTS TO! Why did you upgrade turbos? Same reasoning!

I agree! Build the car for yourself!

Looks good man. Can't wait to see the final product!