Got to Dyno today, need input on #s

boomcase

I had sometime today and went to visit the dynojet.

First pull was 219/232 fuel ratio off the chart pig rich, PSI 15.01
Second pull was 222/234 fuel ratio 10.7 pulled 6% fuel but still rich.PSI 14.98
Third Pull 232/258 fuel ratio about 11.3. pulled 6% more fuel. PSI 14.89

Im not disgusted I figured it would dyno about 210 so it was better than I thought. Dont know if it sucks but the car feels ok to me.

Any thoughts?

Sounds about right. Thats like 270-280 FWHP. low boost, pump gas, stock long block. Can he make more, yes! Is he way off... nope.:cool:

why only 15psi? and yes i'd expect a little more. now imagine alky, some timing and 22lbs. :biggrin:

with 15 psi your not even getting that turbo in its sweet spot. for 15psi and your listed mods i don't think thats to bad. im sure the timing is pretty low as well with a street chip. i would think even on pump and no alky you should be able to get to around 18 with knock

I would be pretty upset with those #'s.

Looks like it needs some tuning.

Should be higher with that turbo even at 15psi.

I had sometime today and went to visit the dynojet.

First pull was 219/232 fuel ratio off the chart pig rich, PSI 15.01
Second pull was 222/234 fuel ratio 10.7 pulled 6% fuel but still rich.PSI 14.98
Third Pull 232/258 fuel ratio about 11.3. pulled 6% more fuel. PSI 14.89

Im not disgusted I figured it would dyno about 210 so it was better than I thought. Dont know if it sucks but the car feels ok to me.

Any thoughts?

Sounds about right. Thats like 270-280 FWHP. low boost, pump gas, stock long block. Can he make more, yes! Is he way off... nope.:cool:
I was thinking it was ok

I'd want at least 260 on a dynojet. :frown:
Dam 260 at 15psi ..maybe something is wrong wit car but it does not feel like there is

why only 15psi? and yes i'd expect a little more. now imagine alky, some timing and 22lbs. :biggrin:
I just drive it everyday its still fun just not overly exciting, wish I could put alky but afraid mod bug would start.

with 15 psi your not even getting that turbo in its sweet spot. for 15psi and your listed mods i don't think thats to bad. im sure the timing is pretty low as well with a street chip. i would think even on pump and no alky you should be able to get to around 18 with knock
Had a few people tell this but was just looking to see where the car stood, I may turn the actuater rod a few turn and see how it feels. What would the sweet spot be for boost on this turbo?

I would be pretty upset with those #'s.

Looks like it needs some tuning.
you think its has more in it ? what do you think it should be?

Thanks for all the input people, It is all appreciated Any one got a idea on what it may run in the 1/4 was just curious.

Should be higher with that turbo even at 15psi.

Why? 15# on a stock motor with only a small injector upgrade and a good turbo upgrade, and this is measure at the wheels, not the motor. No race chip, no race gas, no high boost, no high timing.

Some of you guys have some pretty lofty expectations on what's going to the ground!

Why? 15# on a stock motor with only a small injector upgrade and a good turbo upgrade, and this is measure at the wheels, not the motor. No race chip, no race gas, no high boost, no high timing.

Some of you guys have some pretty lofty expectations on what's going to the ground!

No Lofty expectations here, went in thinking 210 , so to walk away with 232 I was happy with it, It does run better with less fuel so no complaints here, I didnt think it was a bad dyno. I had some cars dyno low but produced descent times at the track myself over the years.

Would have like to have had more time to tune/play but did not.

No regrets, just was looking for peoples input.

I am a realist in the HP world, I'm not mad or disgusted If I came of that way guys that was not my intention, Sorry

Thanks Michael

I could be wrong but i don't think TurboDave was directing his comment towards you:confused:
No Lofty expectations here, went in thinking 210 , so to walk away with 232 I was happy with it, It does run better with less fuel so no complaints here, I didnt think it was a bad dyno. I had some cars dyno low but produced descent times at the track myself over the years.

Would have like to have had more time to tune/play but did not.

No regrets, just was looking for peoples input.

I am a realist in the HP world, I'm not mad or disgusted If I came of that way guys that was not my intention, Sorry

Thanks Michael

Not bad considering you're probably using the stock intercooler and the timing is probably around 17 degrees, you're about as high as I'd run the boost on pump 92-93 octane. Turbo's probably the 61/31 = 61/57 right?

What is a PT3000 converter?

Don't worry about the turbos sweet spot for now, worry more about knock and keeping that fuel ratio around 11.5 so you can continue to drive it. ;)

Looks like you're still running a catalytic converter, you'll gain around 3psi of backpressure or about 20hp in your case right there to the wheels if you ditch it.

What boost level is your TT chip set for? If it's super rich and you're below the intended boost level...

Not bad considering you're probably using the stock intercooler and the timing is probably around 17 degrees, you're about as high as I'd run the boost on pump 92-93 octane. Turbo's probably the 61/31 = 61/57 right?

What is a PT3000 converter?

Don't worry about the turbos sweet spot for now, worry more about knock and keeping that fuel ratio around 11.5 so you can continue to drive it. ;)

Looks like you're still running a catalytic converter, you'll gain around 3psi of backpressure or about 20hp in your case right there to the wheels if you ditch it.
Hi, chip #s are street 93 20/18 16-18psi. Pro Torque converter, yes the car has a highflow cat. If I remove/gut the cat I,m pretty sure I will have have to retune right?

What boost level is your TT chip set for? If it's super rich and you're below the intended boost level...
chip says 16/18 On the dyno pulls it was overly rich across the board , just kinda afraid to turn up the boost.

Next time lock the converter in 3rd gear on the dyno. :)

Pig rich isn't helping anything either. :frown:

Switches

Read the entire site over there in this link, great info.

What dyno. did you go to?

Didn't they suggest locking the converter?