Got a carb turbo torn apart and

Well in the past few weeks the car has gotten a new radiator, new altenator, I fixed the leaking speedo cable, the AC works great, im happy with it. I have been filling up and was getting 15 MPG (yuck) and I finally got road miles on it and got 20.5 MPG. :cool:

Once I get a wideband Im going for 13 PSI.

Ohh, and I can off-road the car sorta. Should seen the road I had to go to get to the campsite.

picture-1065.jpg

picture-1068.jpg

caming must have been fun. when i go boating in WI i always go camping. the camp site is across from the lake. you can go boating, sit on the beach, and park the boat in the lake and get something to eat. car look good out in full sun.

Can you still get bumper fillers? I need a 78 a radio. After reading this thread it makes me wish My cutlass could haul ass.

I havn't made a decision on when I am going to run down there but I need it to dry up first. It gets kinda wet out there and all its done in the last few weeks is rain.

Brought my car to the local carshow this year again. I got a few people asking "whys the motor so small"? And I was asked why I don't take the little motor out for a cheap SBC? I tried telling him that its faster than any stock SBC and gets better milage and is more different, but I don't think it sunk in. :rolleyes:

I havn't made a decision on when I am going to run down there but I need it to dry up first. It gets kinda wet out there and all its done in the last few weeks is rain.

Brought my car to the local carshow this year again. I got a few people asking "whys the motor so small"? And I was asked why I don't take the little motor out for a cheap SBC? I tried telling him that its faster than any stock SBC and gets better milage and is more different, but I don't think it sunk in. :rolleyes:

usally i get did you drive that thing? does it run? people must never seen a drawthru turbo i guess. or i get what motor is that.

Any retard can build a small block chevy I despise them always have.

Heres a video of how slow the thing spools up. From a non brake boosted 15 MPH roll. Didnt feel like slowing down all the way. From 1st to 3rd shift. Let off right when it went into 3rd.

Looks like you have it set for a max of 10 psi Jacob. The guages look good but I'd like to see it from the outside.

Actually its WD'ed at 8PSI and creeps up to 10PSI. I turned the rod on the WG one turn and gained 1PSI.

Ive got an outside video but its mostly just sound, see the car for 10% of the video.

Gotta click on the picture to get the video.

who makes the boost guage?
are you on Facebook?
sorry to hijack a little, but i have been mostly updating things i do on facebook like my corvette restoration and so on. i would like to add the B4B guys.
With the 86/87 hot side the boost comes up way faster. i have to ask does your car do a burn out?

OMG that's f"ckin pathetic!:eek: It should spool way faster than that. What are you running for stall and gears?

Seems like it should spool much faster than what is shown in the video. I would look at increasing the stall speed of the convertor and what you have for rear gears. I know when I changed the convertor to a higher stall speed, it really would get things going with the stock turbo.

If memory serves, I think convertors are rated under a baseline average using like a small block chevy, so the little v6 is going to need more. I believe that I went with a convertor rated at 2,800 stall, but with my engine, came in much less than this and really woke the car up.

It's about the combination of components - lower the rear gear ratio so you've got more leverage and loosen the convertor to get into the power band more.