Got a carb turbo torn apart and

Should mention...

Picked up a D5 GN converter for the 2004R swap. Just gotta wire the lockup parts I have got the TCC, figure out what I need for a TV cable, and build a crossmember that lets you put a 200 in without the frame extension.

Anybody got a Qjet laying around that has a 2004R linkage geometry? All I need is the primary throttle shaft with the bracket on it.

If you can get me a pic I've got a bunch of Q jets sitting. Even have an original spare base for an early B4blck carb.;)

Have a 200 4R with a D5 converter going in. Got sick of DD a car without an overdrive and 3.42's.

Where did you get those jack stands? They look like screw jacks on a lift stand. Really nice.

Like a good percentage of lifting stuff my Dad welded it up from scrap steel from work. Its 16" of 1" threaded rod, a grade 8 nut with 8" long 3/8 bolts welded to the nut, a tube going up that the threaded rod sits in on a round plate with 3 supports.

They are like jackstands but free and better. :cool:

Trans is in the car, doesnt move. It isnt pulling any fluid. Filled the pan and there is no fluid flow to the cooler and doesnt move in any gear, converter is seated. Hmmph.

DId you ever have the trans apart? Sounds like the tv cable came unhooked inside the trans or the snapring for the little plunger deally bob isn't in there right.

TV cable is hooked up. Had the pan off to get the filter changed and wired up the TC lock. The trans flipped upside down a few times and have a feeling the pump lost prime or something. It sat under a guys house for a few years so Im going to try something tomorrow and try to prime the pump. Just a guess.

No oil pump tangs, pump is shot. It turns out theres a reason I got it for $60 without a converter.

No oil pump tangs, pump is shot....
If you know how to rebuild them, (they really aren't that difficult short of some special tools), you may want to get with this guy:

http://stores.ebay.com/MURPHYS-AUTOMOTIVE-LLC?_rdc=1

I got my stuff from him and it was of excellent quality. Fast shipping, and great support. He has everything you need for some real reasonably cheap prices. How to videos, (I got one it was awesome and easy), manuals and upgrades. Nine years later my trans can kick anyone's butt when it comes to reliability and performance. :)

i've read this whole thread twice. love what you've done. i have to ask though. was it worth all the $$$ spent on this turbo setup?

i just bought a carb'd turbo car and worry that i'll put way more into this car b/c of what it is than if i would've just but a car with an N/A (350-383-400 small block etc) motor and still be slower. i'm not worried about its 1/4, time this car is a cruiser and will get daily driven in the summer, however is the carb'd turbo motor worth the money you've invested? minus sentimental value?