GNX to be on Fat & Furious

Well SOB damn shows. Tell me the # something let's see inside under something damn!! It pisses me off!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It's not real unless someone changed the turbo heat shield.

That's just what I picked up on since they don't want to show the GNX goodies that come on one.

I'm voting real. I spotted the panhard bar & the up pipe is a coated one.

Yes, those parts can be had, but I still say it was real, no clone.

Look at the bright side maybe with that show everyone will think there slow too.. ;)

Did ya'll see how much the caster on the front tires were off. They do shitty work.

Did ya'll see how much the caster on the front tires were off. They do shitty work.

If you had two guys in your car with a combined weight of about 700 lbs. your camber not caster would look like that to.:p

Last edited:
The dash on the gnx had a couple red idiot lights turn on the left side when they were trying to start it with the fresh gas and new gas tank. It was dark in there, so couldn't see the whole dash too good.

Little glimpse of inside when they tried firing her up saw that it was a reg dash plaque and not a gnx

I'm wondering if maybe it was another conversion that wasn't documented minus the interior changes to the dash or if someone got ahold of a wrecked gnx and swapped stuff onto a GN.
I realize they could of bought aftermarket parts and emblems as well. It would fool most looking at it that didnt know what a true GNX was.

They got alot of cash and ratings out of the deal, so they aren't too upset even if it was a clone. The only technical loser in the deal would of been the guy that supposedly paid 30k for it, it probably was a $20k to $22k at most car that someone made exterior wise appear to be a GNX.

Last edited:
I could swear i saw a digital dash in the car But it happened kinda quick. You would think they would have said what number the car was. They did the GNX on Fat & Furious because it was in Fast & Furious. Lol.

It's hard to say with the amount of time given to the GN on the show. I kind of figured the GN guru's would know where all 547 where so finding one in a storage locker seems suspicious.

The Barracuda deal was horrifying to watch. Yes I did notice the difference in the stance of the car before and after. Doubt there was enough extra weight to cause that so they probably lowered the torsion bars to give it the tator digger look. Just hard to pull that off with 7" wide rear tires on the back of a car jacked up with 4" leaf spring shackle extensions.

Yeah, not impressed with the show at all. Probably nothing real about that show except it is a show. :eek: If it was a real X I agree they left money on the table, if there ever was money on the table in the first place. A blower and nitrous to get a Barracuda into the 11's with nothing done to the bottom end of the engine? Can't be that good of a performance shop. I realize they can't show everything done and the show has to be simplified for the people that don't know any better but come on, be serious about it. Nitrous, converter, and gears along with careful tuning and tires should have been all they needed and for about half the cost of what they put in it. Or just put half the cost of the blower in the Buick and run 11's that way. ;)

I don't believe the guy who found it in the storage locker did'nt know what it was, a simple google search would have told him. I think alot of these shows are "rigged" just to give a new show plot.
"On today episode a GNX is found in a storage locker...."

susposedly a guy on fb said he knows all about it and yes it was staged. he says an older gentleman a collector allowed them to use it for filming. how true this is idk but it sounds better than the actual show story. and yes its a real deal

That would me more believable than what the show would have us believe.

In real life who would take a car that rare and expensive and put it in a cheap storage unit like that and then just abandon it without paying the storage fee's to let them take possession and sell it like that.

They didn't spend a lot of time filming the car but they sure did avoid filming the crucial areas like the instrument panel,dash plaque,rear differential/suspension.