GNX 509 Stolen thils morning in Guttenberg NJ

Not parted, to many people around here looking at ebay/ craigslist everyday. The guys I know in RATT talk about these types of thefts all the time... that car is long gone. Someone spotted it, knew it had not been moved in some time. Meaning low risk that the owner would notice gone in "12" meaning the 12 hr window you have to catch a professional... after that forget it. It can be moved scanned for any tracking devices, they can be disarmed / removed. car can be loaded and off shore. Yes 12 hrs goodbye. Just means the rest went up in value. No longer are these collector cars being torn down like the old days worth way more in export. People all over the world love old American Iron. They most likely fetched in the $25,000 range for it. You would never get that parting it.

how do u figure that? Fleabay, craigslist are a theives best friend.

rims/tires: $4000
GNX dash: $1500-2000
Turbo: $2-3k
Rear: $1500-2000
etc....

yes for a regular GN...the gnx is worth way too much to split it up and your chances of getting caught go up exponentially trying to sell it off in pieces because its so rare.

yes for a regular GN...the gnx is worth way too much to split it up and your chances of getting caught go up exponentially trying to sell it off in pieces because its so rare.
what do u think their gonna do with it then? sell the whole car as a stolen GNX? Really?

100% yes. Its a big bad world out there.. Sometimes people need to take a good look around. The whole world is not suburban America. In the real world a Mother F-c-k-r will straight kill you period. No reason needed. You think they give 2 sheets about a car... Wrong !

ports all over

what do u think their gonna do with it then? sell the whole car as a stolen GNX? Really?

have cars by the hundreds waiting for export at all times once its in another country good luck bye bye .. you should know this ... chop shop is a thing of the past

have cars by the hundreds waiting for export at all times once its in another country good luck bye bye .. you should know this ... chop shop is a thing of the past
I have plenty of friends that work in customs. I work on the coast where customs agents check bannana boats often for narcotics.

I speak with them regularly and have asked on many occasions how many stolen cars get shipped out of this country and they ALL state that it is no easy task.

Customs agents have x-ray equipment to see thru all containers and if you have a car you better have the proper paperwork to go with it and most any customs agent that are inspecting cars for a living is going to be well aware of what a GNX is.

Thats what those particuar customs agents do, they check thousands of cars every year for export. They are very educated in different cars and how much they are worth.

People in other countries could care less about a GNX. They want BMW's, Mercedes, Porsche, Lexus, Honda, Toyota, Land Rover, etc.... Not some crappy Buick from the 80's.:rolleyes:

If you guys think its that easy to ship a GNX out of this country you are sadly mistaken.

There has to market for a car theif to go thru the trouble of taking a risk to sell a stolen car out of this country. There is NO market for GNX's outside of the US and Canada. Thats a fact.

How many members do we have from other countries?

Chop shops is a thing of the past? Get a clue before you make rediculous statements about something you obviously know very little about. Chop shops are a billion dollar buisness in this country.

for a daliy driver

I have plenty of friends that work in customs. I work on the coast where customs agents check bannana boats often for narcotics.

I speak with them regularly and have asked on many occasions how many stolen cars get shipped out of this country and they ALL state that it is no easy task.

Customs agents have x-ray equipment to see thru all containers and if you have a car you better have the proper paperwork to go with it and most any customs agent that are inspecting cars for a living is going to be well aware of what a GNX is.

Thats what those particuar customs agents do, they check thousands of cars every year for export. They are very educated in different cars and how much they are worth.

People in other countries could care less about a GNX. They want BMW's, Mercedes, Porsche, Lexus, Honda, Toyota, Land Rover, etc.... Not some crappy Buick from the 80's.:rolleyes:

If you guys think its that easy to ship a GNX out of this country you are sadly mistaken.

There has to market for a car theif to go thru the trouble of taking a risk to sell a stolen car out of this country. There is NO market for GNX's outside of the US and Canada. Thats a fact.

How many members do we have from other countries?

Chop shops is a thing of the past? Get a clue before you make rediculous statements about something you obviously know very little about. Chop shops are a billion dollar buisness in this country.

tell your guys at the border this ive shipped cars to other countrys without the customs being involved or a shipping company .. ask yourself how because im not telling .. geting one in is a different story would not try that because of the xray .. getting stuff out easy .......

shipping clean is a whole lot different then shipping dirty. apples to oranges

nothing dirty

shipping clean is a whole lot different then shipping dirty. apples to oranges

you just have to have freinds in high places or the millitary .. and let me guess a car thief is going to get customs paperwork ? right

well, it comes down to supply and demand. there is virtually zero demand and zero supply. how many GNX's get stolen each year? one every couple years maybe?

car theives care about one thing and one thing only and thats quick cash. quick cash comes from fencing parts. those that steal cars to ship them to other countries are looking for specific cars. not 87 gbodys

GNBRETT Hate to inform you.. You are clueless. Maybe you have a small circle of customs people you know and fell they are good but I work with / train Theft task force agents. The real guys tracking **** down. GO TO ANY OF THESE PORTS ! NEWARK BALTIMORE NORFOLK CHARLESTON JACKSONVILLE. in any given DAY ! DAY!!!! NOT WEEK, MONTH, YEAR ! 40-50 cars make it through. How ?? re vins, forged papers, payoffs and good old timing. And right on through you go. Some are driven through Canada and shipped same through Mexico. EVERY DAY !EVERY DAY! EVERY DAY. Ok I'm done her last dig, If you think customs is watching everything try again. $500.0 cash says I can get the f-ing presidential limo on that same banana boat to Russia LOL..

GNBRETT Hate to inform you.. You are clueless. Maybe you have a small circle of customs people you know and fell they are good but I work with / train Theft task force agents. The real guys tracking **** down. GO TO ANY OF THESE PORTS ! NEWARK BALTIMORE NORFOLK CHARLESTON JACKSONVILLE. in any given DAY ! DAY!!!! NOT WEEK, MONTH, YEAR ! 40-50 cars make it through. How ?? re vins, forged papers, payoffs and good old timing. And right on through you go. Some are driven through Canada and shipped same through Mexico. EVERY DAY !EVERY DAY! EVERY DAY. Ok I'm done her last dig, If you think customs is watching everything try again. $500.0 cash says I can get the f-ing presidential limo on that same banana boat to Russia LOL..
hate to inform u but were not talking about usual cars were talking about a GNX. get a clue and try to stay on topic. no market, no demand. its common sense for which ur obviously lacking....:rolleyes:

THE FUKCING DEMAND IS THERE !!! oh yeah
You could just google it... or I can give you the recovered while waiting shipment list just from Baltimore.... just year to date..... just 72 and older........just american made... that narrows it down to 37 !!! WTF Does it take :eek: here is the first 10
55 chevy coupe
32 ford coupe rep
72 c-10 Wide
70 olds conv
68 chevelle
68 chevelle
70 chevelle
66 Lemans-GTO
39 Cadillac
51 Cadillac

WSATI Southern Chapter - Western States Auto Theft Investigators Association stolen classics nationwide.
Live Car Shows Stolen Car Page

Quote"Officials said classic vehicles are targeted because they are easy to sell overseas and are difficult to track - they lack the more sophisticated and expensive security systems in current automobiles. "Eight to 10 years ago, people in Japan wanted lowriders," said Richard O. Knapp, legal counsel for the Western States Auto Theft Investigators Association, Southern Chapter. "So they'd pop them in containers and ship them overseas. It creates a marketplace. That's what people like. A lot of these are almost a for-order situation."

International car theft ring broken up in New York City | 7online.com

thats what

THE FUKCING DEMAND IS THERE !!! oh yeah
You could just google it... or I can give you the recovered while waiting shipment list just from Baltimore.... just year to date..... just 72 and older........just american made... that narrows it down to 37 !!! WTF Does it take :eek: here is the first 10
55 chevy coupe
32 ford coupe rep
72 c-10 Wide
70 olds conv
68 chevelle
68 chevelle
70 chevelle
66 Lemans-GTO
39 Cadillac
51 Cadillac

WSATI Southern Chapter - Western States Auto Theft Investigators Association stolen classics nationwide.
Live Car Shows Stolen Car Page

Quote"Officials said classic vehicles are targeted because they are easy to sell overseas and are difficult to track - they lack the more sophisticated and expensive security systems in current automobiles. "Eight to 10 years ago, people in Japan wanted lowriders," said Richard O. Knapp, legal counsel for the Western States Auto Theft Investigators Association, Southern Chapter. "So they'd pop them in containers and ship them overseas. It creates a marketplace. That's what people like. A lot of these are almost a for-order situation."

International car theft ring broken up in New York City | 7online.com

i was saying locks are only good enough to keep honest people out and the market is overseas like it or not cant say that its right just that it happens .. brett whens the last time you caught a car thief or one fencing parts today i hope

No market for GNX's anywhere but in USA:rolleyes: C'mon. Do you make this stuff up?
And gentleman only prefer blondes:cool:
I will premise this with "this was about 9 years ago" (but I am sure that not much has changed, as someone as already posted some links) but a veteran NYPD autocrime detective was giving a seminar on autocrime in NYC/America and he had had mentioned that he went on vacation with his family in the Dominican Republic and noticed that this car rental agency had a lot of really nice Land and Range Rovers. He was pretty shocked as to the expensive trucks in this not-so-expensive country and then looked at the VIN's and lo and behold, like donut holes in a police barracks, they were all gone. He had stated that there was about 200-300 freight cargo containers (can't remember the exact number) a day going overseas and about 2-3 customs guys checking them all:rolleyes:

Lets not discuss how to get cars (or anything) illegally out of the country in the GNX forum.

If you have something beneficial to post about GNX 509...then post it....lets keep this thread clean or it will be locked.

I took some pics of 509 that was a stolen recovery from NY. It may have just been the dash plaque 509 rather than the real number. It was made aware that it was a stolen recovery with a salvage title by a very reputable person. The thief was trying to pass it along as a GN when he was caught so the dash plaque may have also been changed when trying to bring it back to a GNX .

Ok,

Can we get details on thet location of 509, my friend would love to get it back.

Thanks,

Baltimore seized 70 cars 3 years ago, the ring ships else where. Still get the cloned titles every now and than. Lots of car guys here beside me....

I normally dont agree with cops, but have to agree with Brett on this one.

and task force are a joke! they only really care about they numbers and publicity, to help inflate next years budget.

they bust someone with a stolen car, and here comes the famous line " help yourself, we know your a small fish we want the big fish" and what happens the guy that was busted driving or in possession of the actual stolen car? Probation for receiving stolen property no time in jail.

the guy ^^^ he told on
help yourself, we know your a small fish we want the big fish" and what happens? Probation for receiving stolen property.

no one does any real time, the crime theft ring in new your, out of 17 people busted, 1 or 2 might get more then 10, most will get 1 year or less for there testimony against the 1 or 2.

GNBRETT
it comes down to supply and demand

man your on it today Brett, i normally dont agree with a cops but twice in one day...

seems like your on the right track with that one.

problem now a days is its easy to bust a junkie, dope fiend, you can spot them a mile away, but and here is the biggie "help yourself, we know your a small fish we want the big fish" and guess what happens, you just put the demand back out on the street.:wink: a dope fiend will tell on his own mom just to not spend another second in jail, and guess what he's gonna do as soon as he gets out?