GN engine builder in TX..

Wazvette

Greetings everyone..

I might need an engine rebuild soon...I now live in Austin TX...Any reputable GN engine builder around me?? I dont mind shipping the car its just the closer the shop the better off course.

I need someone i can trust..I had some horror stories in the past (not with GNs) and choosing a good shop is 99% of doing it right.

I am tired of looking at websites that do no tell me about how good a vendor is.

Thanks in advance..

Waz

Billy Duke is up here in North Texas. I know a little of his work, but not much. PM Fast86GN and he can tell you more as I believe he knows Mr. Duke. There is another shop in Rowlett that is reputable to. 86 GN can fill you in on him as well.

If you want to travel a few hundreds miles north we have JL Enterprises in Rowlett a suburb on the east side of Dallas. The owner is Jack Laswell, he is a multi Buick owner and a member of the local buick club. Lone Star Performance Buick Club Online

Jack is the best! I wouldn't let anyone else touch my Buick. He does a lot of Buick stuff, he knows how to build and tune a turbo Buick! Not many can say that. His shop # is 972 412 9000 tell him David Newton sent you.

Good luck.

Thank you guys for the quick responses. As I said before I have a hard time trusting shops these days because of the problems I had in the past, some of them have piss poor customer service and have no problems lying to customers. Its hard to find builders that care about their reputation and their customers. Although Mr.Laswell is a good drive from here Ill call him and Ill try to work it out. Please feel free to present other options. We all like options :smile:

Waz

If you want to travel a few hundreds miles north we have JL Enterprises in Rowlett a suburb on the east side of Dallas. The owner is Jack Laswell, he is a multi Buick owner and a member of the local buick club. Lone Star Performance Buick Club Online

Jack is the best! I wouldn't let anyone else touch my Buick. He does a lot of Buick stuff, he knows how to build and tune a turbo Buick! Not many can say that. His shop # is 972 412 9000 tell him David Newton sent you.

Good luck.

Good luck.

I need to drop mine off with him. Just reseal all the annoying seepage stuff. Bring it back to "like new" condition. I have of course met Jack and he really seems like a straight shooter. Thanks for posting his number David. (although I have yours and could have called you to get it:rolleyes: )

Mission Racing in San Antonio has built several turbo Buick v6 for me and my customers

JL Enterprises in Rowlett

Yep - Jack Laswell has always been an honest, straight shooter. He won't try to sell you parts you don't need and stands behind his work. He is good with the 200R4 as well. I could not recommend him more.

Hey SUPERCPA don't forget the fried rice along with that smoked V8.:eek:
LMAO - Good idea!
herro.gif
herro.gif
herro.gif

hit up disco stu on here aka BUZN1/2DUZN ;) and get ahold of his builder...it may be him...but his car is insanely fast.

I can chime in for Bill Duke. I have bought many products from him for great deals. He had my trans done, and built a motor for my Dads GN that was bullet proof and eventually sold here on Turbo Buick. Hes also a GREAT turbo tuner. I also had a GN that before I bought was worked on by Jack and he did a great job and was very professional. Bill's info:
Duke's Paint and Body
1313 Lawson Rd
Saginaw, TX 76131
(817) 847-5144
Good Luck!! and get ready to spend a bunch of cash no matter who you go to!! Gotta love our obsession for these cars...

I can chime in for Bill Duke. I have bought many products from him for great deals. He had my trans done, and built a motor for my Dads GN that was bullet proof and eventually sold here on Turbo Buick. Hes also a GREAT turbo tuner. I also had a GN that before I bought was worked on by Jack and he did a great job and was very professional. Bill's info:
Duke's Paint and Body
1313 Lawson Rd
Saginaw, TX 76131
(817) 847-5144
Good Luck!! and get ready to spend a bunch of cash no matter who you go to!! Gotta love our obsession for these cars...

A buddy of mine is always in Saginaw and always tells me about a body shop that has some mean GN's there, that must be the place.

i'm not sure if bill duke still uses tommy philips in burleson for his machine work, but he has a lot of experience with buick engines and he also has torque plates for turbo v6's. i dont have his number but the name of his shop is pm machine shop.