GMMOC function!

ncgreg231

www.turb0buickS.com
GMMOC (GM Musclecars Of the Carolinas) is having a inaugural event down in the Charlotte area during the weekend of Aug 3/4. For the main page of GMMOC's message board, click:
:http://66.34.101.134/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3cc8cc025d53ffff

You'll have to register to view and post, but it's relatively easy. For the link to the event, more info is here:
http://66.34.101.134/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=6;t=19

copied & pasted from the GMMOC board:
Whew! Decisions, decisions. Terri and I have racked our brains trying to come up with a good kick-off event/weekend for GMMOC. We wanted to find a location that would be central to both NC & SC so members from both states could attend. The best centralized location we could think of is the Charlotte area. I know this isn't convenient for every single member, but it's about as close to smack dab in the middle as you can get. So, here's the details!

Date: August 3rd & 4th (2nd optional)

Activities:

Friday, Aug. 2nd

The World Wide Camaro Association is having a huge show in Mooresville, NC, Aug. 1st-3rd. I'm sure some of the club's F-body buffs were planning on going to that, so......if anybody wants to meet up with other members that day, just reply to me and I'll make sure everybody knows when/where to meet the group.

Saturday, Aug. 3rd

We'll be meeting up (time and place TBA) for a quick club meeting (MC'ed by your two wonderful founders, hehehe) before heading to...........

DYNO DAY!! Terri is checking on getting us a dyno day at a shop in Belmont. If everything goes as planned, we'll have plenty of dyno time for all of us to see how many ponies we're abusing the asphalt with.
Time: TBA

After the dyno, we're going to grab a bite to eat (possibly cruising a bit) and head to a drive-in to catch a flick! I don't know about all of you, but it's been a long time since I've been to a drive-in. It will be a great chance to kick back and enjoy some fellowship with the members.
Time: They start the movie at when it gets dark, so probably 8:30-9ish.

After the drive-in....who knows what the night owls of the group will come up with.

Sunday, Aug. 4th

NASCAR Museum at Lowe's Motor Speedway
Time: TBA

After the museum: Go-carts? Eating again? Heading home? Whatever yall want to do.

I know all of you won't be able to stay Saturday night for Sunday's activities, but for those of you who can, Terri is checking on hotel room prices in the area. We will have definite times for the activities as soon as possible.

So there you have it, our first weekend of fun as a club! It's a month away, so beg the boss, plead with the spouse (or persuade him/her to come with you!, steal, scratch, throw a fit....whatever you have to do make arrangements to attend. Terri and I are also working on a little surprise, but I'm not telling!