GM TURBO 6 October Meet

We would like to welcome Jason Cramer from RJC Racing coming in from Tooele, UT. Jason does extensive R&D work for the Buick community with development of new products such as head clamps, girdles, power plate, etc... We are thrilled to have him come and speak to you so you can ask Jason any questions you would like. You can visit Jason's website here: RJC Racing. Here is an updated list of tech and vendors coming here in October:

Jason Cramer - RJC Racing - Buick Parts R&D
Dan Strezo - DLS Engine - Engines
Cal Hartline - Hartline Performance - Engine Management
Eric Marshall - TurboTweak - Computer Chips
Paul Ferry - HR PartsNstuff - Supensions
Julio Don - Alkycontrol - Alcohol Injection
Vince Janis - Janis Transmission - Transmissions
Harry Hruska - Precision Turbo & Engine - Turbochargers

Chris & Ron Sklenar - Custom Auto Apparel - Official GM licensed Apparel
Derek Godwin - Dentmasters - Paintless dent repair
Shane Grimsley / Jay Carter - Bigwood Racing - Race Chassis / fabrication
Kristi & Rick - Metco Motorsports - Suspension Products
Jack Cotton - Cottons Performance - Engine Management

RDU or Greensboro.. its probably a toss up.

Hotel Information

OK ladies and gents, Here is alot of hotel information so take your pick: You can check out Visit Alamance County
for information about Burlington, NC. (motels, shopping, entertainment, things to do.):cool: :cool: :cool:

Comfort Inn:
Room rates are $79.99 for all rooms. The phone number is 336-584-4447 to make reservations. You just need to tell them that they are with American Media International whe calling to make reservations. They have 24 rooms held for the 16th, 93 held for the 17th and 18th. The cut-off for these rates are September 16th. Reservations being made after this date will result in a different rate if rooms are still available.

Comfort Suites:
Room rates are $74.99 for King beds and 79.99 for 2 Queen beds. The phone number is 336-221-9199. You need to tell them that you are with the AMI EXPO when calling to make reservations. They have 30 rooms held for the 16th, 65 rooms held for the 17th and 18th. The cut-off dates for these rates are September 30th. Availability and rates may change after this date.

*Country Suites
3211 Wilson Dr.
Burlington, N.C.
336-584-1115
King- $ 105.00
Queen-queen $ 115.00

*Courtyard By Marriott
3141 Wilson Dr.
Burlington, N.C. 27215
336-585-1888
King- $ 115.00
Queen-Queen $ 115.00

*Hampton Inn
2935 Saconn Dr
Burlington, N.C.
336-584-8585
King- $ 109.00
Queen-queen- $119.00

*Super 8 Motel
802 Huffman Mill Rd
Burlington, N.C.
336-584-8787
King- $ 89.95
Double-double- $ 89.95

*Motel 6
2155 Hanford Rd.
Burlington, N.C.
336-226-1325
King- $ 39.99
Queen-Queen-$ 45.99

*Microtel
2185 W. Hanford Rd
Burlington, N.C.
336-227-1515
King- $ 79.95
Queen-Queen $ 79.95

*Ramada Inn
2703 Ramada Rd
Burlington, N.C.
336-227-5541
King- $ 65.00
Double-double $ 65.00

*Econo Lodge
2133 W. Hanford Rd.
Burlington, N.C.
336-227-1270
King- $ 59.99
Double- $49.99
Double-double- $ 69.99

*America’s Best Value Inn
978 Plantation Dr.
Burlington, N.C.
336-227-3681
King- $ 34.99
Queen- $ 29.99
Queen-Queen-$ 34.99

*All rates are per night and there are no contracts with these hotels so the rate can change if you do not get one soon...

If you need further information please feel free to e-mail or PM me.

Address and Directions

The address for the meet is:

AUTOSOUND 2000
2557-C Faucette Lane
Burlington, NC 27217.

If you will be coming in from the EAST on I40 (Wilmington, Benson, Raleigh) OR if you will be coming from the WEST and need somewhere to park your car trailer for the weekend
Take exit 147 marked Graham/Pittsboro
At ramp end set odometer to “O” and leave alone for the rest of the trip
Take a RIGHT turn on Main St there should be an Exxon on your immediate right.
Go to 0.6 mile and you should be at the county courthouse, a large white marble building in the middle of Court Square (Court Square is actually round). Take a right turn and follow traffic CCW around ½ the circle and continue as if you had driven straight through the courthouse. This will again resume as N. Main Street continue straight.
At 0.8 miles Main Street sweeps 45 degrees to the left continue on Main Street for almost another mile. At 1.5 miles Main Street sweeps 90 degrees to the left and becomes Providence St. Continue one-tenth mile on Providence, at 1.6 miles you will come to Washington St. Turn right on Washington St and at 1.7 miles you should cross over a RR track. Continue on Washington St to 1.9 miles and you will cross Hanover St where the road now becomes Graham Hopedale Rd continue straight.
At 2.3 miles you will see a WalMart on the right and a McDonalds on the left at 2.6 miles. Continue straight on Graham Hopedale Rd and cross Church St. At 2.8 miles you will see a large complex of brick and metal buildings surrounded by chain link fences marked “US ARMY no trespassing” this is Richards property so this is where we are going to park some of the larger car trailers for the weekend. To get to the shop, continue on Graham Hopedale Rd for about another mile through several sweeping “S” turns and at 4.5 miles there will be a sharp 90 degree right turn with a Marathon gas station on the right, continue down the hill to the bridge at 4.8 miles.
After crossing the bridge, you should be at the intersection of Carolina Mill Road and facing a large brick building marked “Copland Mills”. Turn right on Carolina Mill Road and pass Copeland Mills where the road becomes Deep Creek Church Road. Follow Deep Creek Church Road for about a mile until you get to 6.9 miles and turn left on Faucette Lane.
At 7.2 miles Liberty Church will be on your right. The Shop will be on your right at 7.5 miles behind the small white house.
Autosound 2000 Shop Phone #336-570-0341

If you will be coming in from the WEST on I40 (Asheville, Hickory, Winston-Salem)
Get off on Exit 143 (Alamance Road), turn North. set your odometer to “0”, and pay close attention to landmarks and
signs, as there will be several turns.
Just to be sure that you are heading in the right direction, at .2 miles there will be a Chevrolet Dealer (Dick Shirley) on your right, and at .4 miles there will be an Exxon station at the intersection of Alamance Road (62) and Mebane Street.
At 1.2 miles, you will come to an intersection where 62 merges with Church
Street. There is a Domino’s Pizza across the street. Go through this
intersection (it will curve VERY slightly to the right.) Stay on 62 North. You
will see signs indicating 62/70—follow those indicating North.
At 1.7 miles there is a Citgo station on your right; continue to follow the
Route 62/70 North signs.
At 2.6 miles the street becomes a divided highway.
At 2.8 miles there is an Exxon station on your left.
At 3 miles you will cross under a railroad bridge.
At 3.3 miles you will turn LEFT onto Holt Street (there will be a sign
indicating 62 North to turn left. After completing this turn, you will cross
62 South after l block. At this point, Holt Street turns into Rauhut Street
(both are still 62 North).
At 6.6 miles you will come to an intersection with a Shell Station on the right;
continue through this intersection.
At 8.5 miles you will turn RIGHT onto Faucette Lane.
At 9.4 miles there will be a small white house on your left with 2 metal
building and several semi-trailers behind it. Turn left at the driveway. The
second metal building is Autosound 2000

will any of the vendors or anyone for that matter be bringing any parts to sell, that would be nice cause i needs me some goodies.:smile:

Best thing to to is email whomever and ask them maybe to bring with them. WOuld be cool if they delivered in person :cool:

Cash anyone??

There will be some cash prizes given away at the event in October... The 3 people who drive from the farthest distance will be given a "LONG HAUL" cash award. The car can be ANY VEHICLE and does not have to be a regal. We will also have a 50/50 drawing as well for 1 lucky winner. For those that did not attend earlier this year I can tell you that you have not been to any event like this one, you can ask anyone that was in attendance earlier this year and they would agree. We have assembled the most knowledgeable group of buick enthusiasts to answer any questions you may have about the Turbo Regal. The amount of knowledge would rival ANY tech session that you have ever attended anywhere. So if you are thinking about buying a TR then please feel free to come and ask questions. We are expecting the attendance to be in the 200-400 range and I promise you won't be disappointed. There is already a war:D that will be decided at Piedmont Dragway and we have a surprize in store for the fastest V6 powered regal at the track on friday nite. I wish everyone well and will see you in October.

BTW, if you have never seen a 5 MILE GNX still wrapped in plastic and one with a FACTORY ASC SUNROOF then be sure not to forget your camera:cool:

If I ride my bicycle from Garner to Burlington, can I have an award?

The member from Canada is probably leading so far!

Mr. Clark never ceases to amaze me:biggrin:

For those that did not attend earlier this year I can tell you that you have not been to any event like this one, you can ask anyone that was in attendance earlier this year and they would agree. We have assembled the most knowledgeable group of buick enthusiasts to answer any questions you may have about the Turbo Regal. The amount of knowledge would rival ANY tech session that you have ever attended anywhere. So if you are thinking about buying a TR then please feel free to come and ask questions. We are expecting the attendance to be in the 200-400 range and I promise you won't be disappointed. There is already a war:D that will be decided at Piedmont Dragway and we have a surprize in store for the fastest V6 powered regal at the track on friday nite. I wish everyone well and will see you in October.

Thank you Mr. Clark! This is awesome! Our guys are going full blast on our car. Should be very interesting, thanks to all involved!!!!!!!

This is going to be better then than nationals:biggrin:

Thank you Mr. Clark! This is awesome! Our guys are going full blast on our car. Should be very interesting, thanks to all involved!!!!!!!

This is going to be better then than nationals:biggrin:

The only "catch" to the fastest v6 powered regal is that it cannot include the car shown below...

Attachments

• DSC06647 (Medium).JPG
    DSC06647 (Medium).JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 428
The only "catch" to the fastest v6 powered regal is that it cannot include the car shown below...

HaHaHa:biggrin: It won't be that particular car, it will be transformed by then:tongue: