GM TURBO 6 October Meet

I just got the word. Looks like we're gonna see some 6 second Buick power on Friday!! Is the track 1/4 mile or 1/8th?

You've got some competition coming. You think you guys will be running that fast?

I said LOW 4's!! Heck, I'll be impressed if you run anywhere in the 4's that soon after you finish the car.

We are looking LOWWWW 4's... That is our goal to be ready for this event... Things may not work out that way but that is the plan.... We are looking to run a local class as well where you have to run .40's to even quality:wink:

Faster:biggrin:

I think maybe you should set your goals a little lower to start with!!! 5.00 or 4.80s is quick and might be hard to achieve with a new combo. If you can come out of the box with 4.50s , I for one would be shocked and impressed!!
Not trying to drag you down , just saying lower the bar a little. That makes it more fun and less stressfull!!! Pro stock cars run 4.20s and look at the $ and effort that goes into them!!! Im defenetly behind your MAX effort and will galdly assist you in any way possible. Mike:cool:

Thanks for the support guys... We have the shop full time on the car. We got a few other big race car projects to finish for customers but we should be ready....

Give me a minute and I will post a few shots with the V6 hung!

Attachments

• 08-12-08_1523.jpg
    08-12-08_1523.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 349
  • IMAGE_034.jpg
    IMAGE_034.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 375
  • IMAGE_033.jpg
    IMAGE_033.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 346
I cant wait to see that car in person!! That looks to be seriously BADdddd!!!
Good luck!!! Mike:cool:

Mike: Give me a call sometime (321)863-2303. Are you coming to the event? It would be neat to see some side by side dragster action. FWIW: I spoke with Len today and he ran 4.59 on his 6.99 pass.
Shane: Good luck getting the car to run bottom 6's. Wanna set up a grudge match?

I spoke with Len today and he ran 4.59 on his 6.99 pass.
Shane: Good luck getting the car to run bottom 6's. Wanna set up a grudge match?

IF the car gets finished SURE, whatca got in mind?

I am not scared to put it all on the line for one race:wink:

Who's car are you talking about, I got a pretty good idea...

Let's get it on:biggrin:

Look's like it's on :biggrin: Better get to wrenching or by the time you get it done it make take a 3 sec pass to win :eek:
You should know who I'm talking about. I don't talk about what my customers are gonna do, I talk about what they've already done and only one person has ran low 4's with Buick power. I spoke with him again tonight and he's ready :cool:

Look's like it's on :biggrin: Better get to wrenching or by the time you get it done it make take a 3 sec pass to win :eek:
You should know who I'm talking about. I don't talk about what my customers are gonna do, I talk about what they've already done and only one person has ran low 4's with Buick power. I spoke with him again tonight and he's ready :cool:

Only one I know of that is Buick powered that has ran low 4's is the dragster?

Only other car I know of that supposed to be that fast, I haven't heard of it making a full pass...

If they are running 3's, I don't want any part of that until we put the BB in. Then we will run anybody:biggrin:

Either way it will be great fun and make the event even better, let's get it on;)

Cal, No offense taken, but I think my 4.25 would rank as in the low 4s!! Now given my dismal performance at the BPG I can see how you might rule me out.
Without going into detail here , 3 runs later and 10 degrees more timing has picked it up a full second and 20 mph. No testing this week but hopefully next week Ill get it back to 4.50s and then the tweeking will begin.

I would love to come to piedmont and race Barry!! But given that Im not even in the same league as him right now ,and the fact that I havent worked for over a year I dont think I can afford it!!! Lets see how testing goes for me in the next month. Ill give you a call sometime!!! Mike:cool:

Mike, I thought it was you. I thought you had run that fast before... I guess I have no idea who it is then...

Barry?

I apologize Mike. I knew you were quick, I just didn't know you were THAT quick. Great job! Barry K. and Dave F. have been keeping me up to date on your progress. I had a couple of ideas, that's why I was posting my number. BTW: My other offer still stands.

Keep the guys welding and wrenching, Shane. We'll have some fun at Piedmont.

Mike, I thought it was you. I thought you had run that fast before... I guess I have no idea who it is then...

Barry?

No problem!!! Its Barry Kemper and his son ( DRIVER EXTRODINARE) Bob!!!
These are nice folks and they are serious BUICK V6 go fast guys!!! Go to the post here in the national event forum ( 4.18 ) that is videos of their car in action. Bob is hiding in the seat , but you can see Barry walking up to the car
and flipping some switches ( Thats toooo much for Bob to handle )!!!
Seriously great people!!! Good luck with yours!!! Send me a magic wand to wave over this junk so I can get back in the game. Mike:cool: