GM T-top weatherstripping??

85supreme

From what I've read, GM has discontinued the t-top weatherstripping for G-bodys for quite some time now.

Are there any suppliers who are selling a product that is close to the quality of the originals? Who sells the best reproductions?

I replaced mine with a set from Gbodyparts about three years ago and it didn't stop the leaking even for a little bit. On both sides at the top of the a pillar, there is a section of the weather stripping that is porous and lets water move into the seal. Im just assuming that this is why they are leaking because any gaps have been sealed with weather stripping glue a few times now.

I'm planning on getting the car painted soon and want the body shop to put in the new seals while its going to be apart so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks - Mike

I believe kirbans also sells them. Maybe mikes monte too. Need to find an old time hippie convertible top dude to install, still hard to get them perfect.

I wonder if kirban's is different or if they get them from the same supplier. Both sites sell the seals for the same price.

There are probably 3 suppliers that make T top seals for the G body market....T-Tops are a nite mare to start with and now with 30 years of age added to the mix makes it tougher.,

if you have not done it already its best to stiffen the car up with front and rear seat braces body bushings make sure windows are adjusted....otherwise none of the aftermarket seals are going to do the trick,

Even then nothing is 100% certain water won;t leak in....repro seals is a tough product to make to match GM kinda like the making of the repro pallex seat material....companies come close but not dead on exact.....

good luck....probably don';t want to hear it but I am sure some owners of T-Top cars welded in a solid roof....one reason Ford in their 5.0 Mustangs discontinued the T-Top option sometime in the fox body program not sure what year.,,,,,,

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unless you stumble on GM weather strips and stiffen up your car with everything possible available water will always run down hill and in a T-Top car can drip into the interior.

denniskirban@yahoo.com,

Fairchild industries, metro , soft seal anyone else. I am trying to have a hard top put on my t top and if I can find a body shop willing to tackle the task I will put my genuine GM seals up for sale. It took 3 years to find them but......this GN is the " most daily driven " of the group.

I have a GM NOS stripping for one side of a t-top car if interested. Not sure what side though. Have to figure out if it's R or L.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unless you stumble on GM weather strips and stiffen up your car with everything possible available water will always run down hill and in a T-Top car can drip into the interior.

denniskirban@yahoo.com,

So what you're saying is I shouldn't buy from you? Lol just kidding :p

My car does have the rear seat braces and I do have a pair of those fender to core support braces that I could put on if those would even make a big difference.

The fact is I love my ttops. To me its just another thing that makes these cars cooler than todays cars. Obviously they have their drawbacks. If the roof/pillars were rotted out I would think about changing it to a hard top but thats not the case, just trying to protect it from getting to that point.