FYI...2013 Shelby GT 500 goes 10.02 @ 142MPH with bolt ons only!

IEATV8S

The 2013 GT500 a few days ago with pulley, tune, cai, throttle body, slicks and skinnies has already posted a time of 10.02 @ 142...... I don't think a ZL1 can do that.

477635_10151777189700648_637822259_o.jpg

Thats impressive I was just at Fords at Carlisle and Ford had a huge display including the new 1,000 HP version...for those that have a deep wallet think it was $149,999 but that would assure you of being king of the ill for the time being.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

actually ford has a factory mustang that goes 8 sec from the factory and car be purchased from ford.comes fully caged and ready to run with custom rims and tires.i think it makes 1500 horsepower.

Chevy just sucks anymore. Super sucko suck sucky suck suckity sucko!

Caroll Shelby said it best but Ford is still run by Ford's. There are plenty of them on the board, well two. GM can't say that and most of the car guys that were there have been replaced post bankruptcy, at least at the corporate level. Ford deserves what they have. I just hope they keep it up and represent what a truly great American car company can be like. It isn't just this Mustang that rocks, but most all of their product is as good as anyone screws together.

so they put a couple grand worth of parts on it to make it faster?
why won't Ford release how fast one of those went around the Nurburgring? that's a better indicator of how awesome a car is than just going fast in a straight line for a quarter mile..
the ZL1 put down a pretty respectable lap time- which GM released to the public pretty much right away- and the Shelby was spotted there months ago..

so they put a couple grand worth of parts on it to make it faster?
why won't Ford release how fast one of those went around the Nurburgring? that's a better indicator of how awesome a car is than just going fast in a straight line for a quarter mile..
the ZL1 put down a pretty respectable lap time- which GM released to the public pretty much right away- and the Shelby was spotted there months ago..

The car is a STREET FIGHTER, not a friggin SPORTS CAR, and goes 1/2 second quicker in the quarter than a STOCK ZL1 FOR THE SAME MONEY!....BUT give one up for ROAD RACE duty and if you remember back 5 or so years ago, MUSTANG was right in there winning races against Vipers, and Vettes.... It can be done with off the shelf parts, and a GOOD DRIVER! Saleen did it for yeas!.....Hey how does that ZL1 do in the race for 200MPH???? I hear it can't get out of the 170 range STOCK, you saw the Mustang at over 100 degrees TRACK temp. go 196!!!!!

actually ford has a factory mustang that goes 8 sec from the factory and car be purchased from ford.comes fully caged and ready to run with custom rims and tires.i think it makes 1500 horsepower.

That's a purpose built drag race car direct from Ford, the 2013 Cobra Jet, just like HEMI DARTS were back in the late 60's! Give the Ford guys about a year with those things and the HEMI LEGEND will be REPLACED with a Mustang....bet on it!

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=35699

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.c...2_2013_cobra_jet_mustang_drag_test/index.html

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/...ph-in-1-52-seconds-0-100-mph-in-3-26-seconds/

The car is a STREET FIGHTER, not a friggin SPORTS CAR, and goes 1/2 second quicker in the quarter than a STOCK ZL1 FOR THE SAME MONEY!....BUT give one up for ROAD RACE duty and if you remember back 5 or so years ago, MUSTANG was right in there winning races against Vipers, and Vettes.... It can be done with off the shelf parts, and a GOOD DRIVER! Saleen did it for yeas!.....Hey how does that ZL1 do in the race for 200MPH???? I hear it can't get out of the 170 range STOCK, you saw the Mustang at over 100 degrees TRACK temp. go 196!!!!!

last i heard, a Mustang was a 4 seater sports car- and always has been. one of it's selling points has always been it's nimble handling compared to it's competition. well, except for the Cobra Jet drag cars, of course.
most streets i've ever been on have curves, and you never want to go 200mph on one..
the Shelby is supposed to be better than the ZL1 in every way- so how does it compare on a road course?

last i heard, a Mustang was a 4 seater sports car- and always has been. one of it's selling points has always been it's nimble handling compared to it's competition. well, except for the Cobra Jet drag cars, of course.
most streets i've ever been on have curves, and you never want to go 200mph on one..
the Shelby is supposed to be better than the ZL1 in every way- so how does it compare on a road course?

HHMmmmm....since when is a SPORTS CAR a 4 seater?.... Mustangs have always been PONY cars, like the Camaro, TransAm, etc.... Actually they should be MUSCLE CARS as those are SUPPOSED to seat at least 4 people!.... The Shelby has an optional TRACK PACK...I'll let you look that up to see what is in that package..... Here's afew links you might find of interest!

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblogpost.aspx?post=75e90f55-f148-47d5-8933-eab9718cd682

And from someone that observed the Shelby's at the ring.....

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f57/2013-gt500-nurburgring-103635/

Amazing !! pick up your new car in the morning,bolt on a few trinkets,+ some slicks + be running 9's by mid afternoon.:)

I also just read last night in 5.0 magazine,that Hellion Turbo just came out with a twin turbo setup,(twin 62's)for the 5.0 gt,+ it makes 700hp + 600 lb tq.at the wheels,at" 8lbs of boost ". :cool:

Amazing !! pick up your new car in the morning,bolt on a few trinkets,+ some slicks + be running 9's by mid afternoon.:)

I also just read last night in 5.0 magazine,that Hellion Turbo just came out with a twin turbo setup,(twin 62's)for the 5.0 gt,+ it makes 700hp + 600 lb tq.at the wheels,at" 8lbs of boost ". :cool:[/quote]

That's serious power, my old 4.1 with twin 6o's made 912 H.P. but at 22 pounds years ago...... just for comparison someone caught a new STREETABLE Shelby 1000 at Carlisle yesterday..... nice sound, not much of a video, but said the guys with the car said they've had motors already at over 1100 H.P and could be street driven.....Kind of neat having 1000 on the rear end instead of a SNAKE!

HHMmmmm....since when is a SPORTS CAR a 4 seater?.... Mustangs have always been PONY cars, like the Camaro, TransAm, etc.... Actually they should be MUSCLE CARS as those are SUPPOSED to seat at least 4 people!.... The Shelby has an optional TRACK PACK...I'll let you look that up to see what is in that package..... Here's afew links you might find of interest!

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/autosblogpost.aspx?post=75e90f55-f148-47d5-8933-eab9718cd682

And from someone that observed the Shelby's at the ring.....

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f57/2013-gt500-nurburgring-103635/

you ever try sitting in the back seat of a Camaro or Mustang? they aren't exactly built for you if you are taller than about 5' and weigh more than 100 pounds or so.. and forget about getting a rear facing car seat back there.. they are intended to be sports cars and have always had a back seat merely to put them into a cheaper category of car insurance.
so comparing lap times on the most famous road course in the world- a street course that is open to any member of the general public with any car that meets the safety standards and has the proper insurance coverage- seems like a good way to compare them.

you ever try sitting in the back seat of a Camaro or Mustang? they aren't exactly built for you if you are taller than about 5' and weigh more than 100 pounds or so.. and forget about getting a rear facing car seat back there.. they are intended to be sports cars and have always had a back seat merely to put them into a cheaper category of car insurance.
so comparing lap times on the most famous road course in the world- a street course that is open to any member of the general public with any car that meets the safety standards and has the proper insurance coverage- seems like a good way to compare them.

ZL1 did it in 7:41, GT 500 in 7:35 according to the stories!

Gotta give the blue oval camp credit. They've really upped the bar on performance from the horse. I still remember when the Camaros were handing the Mustangs their asses unless the Mustang went blown or nitroused.

And yes you might as well consider the Mustang a sports car. The back seat is useless for anyone to sit in. Well you could pull your seat up if you don't mind losing leg room. Might be ok if you're on the short side.

ray spillman, ford out of indy, has a factory super stocker and a stocker, factory race cars even are numbered, protree chassic shop of markleville in, was updating the roll bar to 25 a last week because it was only nhra cert, to 8.50 now down to 7.50, the car ran 8.41 both cars are 2012, oc,,