Know your competition...the 2013 Ford Shelby GT 500 tuning runs.....

IEATV8S

Found this interesting as one of the guys on the SVT board just had his new Shelby tuned and a few bolt ons....

48b8aca4-b955-d93d.jpg

Headed over to VMP Tuning on Friday and had Justin and his crew work some magic on my car. Had CobraJet TB, Pulleys (Upper and idler), Resonator Delete and a tune installed after a stock dyno run.
Stock numbers were 602.19 rwhp and 586.43 trq.
Ending numbers were 686.91 rwhp and 707.46. trq.
Justin and the crew were great and I couldn't be happier with the results!
Must say I was impressed with the facility and professionalism of Justin/VMP and wouldn't hesitate to have more work done there.
Oh yeah, got 22 mpg on the way home which may have had a few spirited interstate runs.

Factory rated at 662/631 Flywheel..... A pulley,[looks to have added about 2psi], a muff removed, a t/b change, some tune changes, and it put out +24HP @ the wheels??? WOW is all I can say! Sounds like either the dyno is generous, or the factory tune is in the dumper.....In any case, the v-sicks is in for a hassle or two!

According to this vid they got 50hp + 50 ft lb tq,just from the tune alone, before any mods. :cool:

They've discovered that the car was released by Ford with a throttle body that only opens 80% of the way, just a proper tune to 100% throttle opening gave them 50 more HP!

And again I will say....this time Ford did their homework and came out well. I wouldn't mind one. I don't have deep pockets though and I'd be joining the millions of Mustang owners.Then there's the joke about Mustangs being like tampons. :rolleyes:

At least with the Buick the Mustang guys will do a double take to check out what they don't see everyday. Though maybe now not so much of a threat to them.

Hmmm, so this is a low 12 second car I take it? Since it does still weigh about 598738462869 pounds still. ;-)

,Dan

love cobras they taste like chicken! bring that high dollar mudstain out. so i can put you on the trailer like so many i have done in the past! hehe!

The new Cobras are impressive no doubt. I have noticed though not a lot of owners are good at shifting. Seen some really inconsistant times b/c of that.

Hmmm, so this is a low 12 second car I take it? Since it does still weigh about 598738462869 pounds still. ;-)

,Dan
Motor Trend ran a bone stock one in the 11.5 @ 128 range if memory serves. Heat soaked cars on 20+ passes back to back were clicking off mid to high 11s in Memphis a couple of weeks ago. Evolution Performance has already put one in the 9s. This car is no joke.

I'm so impressed with what Ford has done with this car. Would really like to get one some day.

Not kept up with the Fords late;y....what are the differences between the 2012 and 2013 Shelby GT 500 Cobra's?

I have less than half in mine in what one will set up back and will still spank most of them. Mine is a daily driver and it's not a BELLY BUTTON. Mustangs the only thing that's missing on them is the LINT in the front grill.

At least an American company made something that can make GTR's Shiver in there boots, and I LOVE GTR'S. These cars are looking very tempting to me now.