fuel pump questions

turbobooster

ok i was looking into our vendors for a fuel pump and a hotwire kit harness but as i looked into the details of these pumps they all say 255 im looking for a 340 i also seen one on racetronix that says 340 but has 255 rating im confused now is there a 340lph and a 255lph or is this the same pump? my other question is if there is a 340 fuel pump does it fit perfect in our stock setup without having clearing issues or having to modify anything ? i was reading that thread in the general buick tech section about this recall on the walbro fuel pump does anyone know if our vendors have the new versions for sale now ? or should i wait to purchase my pump until all this gets cleared up with walbro ? maybe someone can give me some insight on this that thread strating getting a bit confusing thanks guys has anyone recently purchased a fuel pump recently:confused

Try Racetronix

When I did my upgrade, I got everything from Racetronix. AFAIK they are a vendor here. RXG7-FPKG. I got the walbro 340 (which is just the part number, GSS340M correct me if I'm wrong) that runs at 255 liters per hour. This was a direct install in my 85 AFTER I made sure I matched my connector with the photos on the site. The reason I made the upgrade was because my sending unit was giving me troubles. I drove the car down to about 1 gallon, dropped the tank, removed the sending unit which holds the fuel pump. I disassembled it, cleaned the contacts with some fine grit sandpaper and installed the pump. Just be careful not to move the adjustments on the sending unit too much as your gauge will read incorrectly. Total project time was about 2 hours the first time and 30 min the second time when I realized I royally altered my tank level gauge. Direct fit, complete with all parts, and I added the hot-wire. I don't drive the car much, but after two years of being installed, I haven't had any problems. Where did you read about the recall?

its in the general buick section its the thread on warranty replacement process ull c it so let me ask u wen ur gauge moved a bit and wasnt as accurate as before how did to fix it how did u calibrate it ? thanx for that info

On the sending unit, there are adjustments on the contacts. I basically had to do a guess and check outside of the tank with the unit plugged in. It was quite simple once I figured out how it worked. Float goes to the top, gauge says F. Float goes to the bottom, gauge says E. I have a digital dash so, I was just making sure the gauge didn't stay at F for a long time and it didn't get to E too early. On the analog dash it will probably be a lot easier. For me the first time, the gauge stayed at the F mark for about 100 miles. So I had to take it back apart.