Fuel pressre dropping immediately after ignition...soluti

griz_83ho

So I know I already have a thread for this but have been thinking about this and wondering what your guys thoughts are. Immediately after ignition is Turned over fuel pressure shoots to 42lbs Then immediately goes down. My thought is this, is something wrong with the harness causing all the injectors to stay open??? This woul explain why after it sits for a period of time and dries the cylinders out and then fires initially but within 5-10 Seconds dies (assuming flooding out) the. Will not even fire when you try to start it again right away.
Thoughts???
What could cause the inkectors to all stay open?

I would suspect a bad fuel bump. take fuel line off after fuel filter and see if you have fuel coming out. As my GN has done the same, and its doing it again. this is the 3rd fp in one year. I have to slap bottom of tank, then i can hear fp run.

Not really sure what you're looking at. As soon as the engine runs the FP should drop as vacuum is being applied to the regulator. Take the vaccum line off the regulator and see if it still drops.

Does the FP drop to zero? After it starts......quickly unplug the cam sensor to see if it stays running. You will need two people to do this.

Yeah fuel pressure drops all the way to 0. If car Runs it stays up just fine. Now the car won't start so I will try that when I get it running

It only primes for a couple of seconds until the car starts.

If you don't start it you have to wait 12 seconds or so to reprime it.

If your check valve in the pump is leaking it will drop quickly if you don't start it.

Firing and starting/idling are two different things I am assuming.....