Fuel pump priming but no rail pressure

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
Finally got my ic conversion done, got it to fire up and run, then I noticed a fuel leak up front near the frame I immediately turned the car off cleaned up the mess. Now that I have it all fixed I'm not getting fuel to the rail although the fuel pump is coming on I'm not getting gas up to the engine it fires up with starting fluid then dies.
Thanks in advance for any help I'm stuck on this one.

A bit confused. Can you clarify?

The car started and ran but had a fuel leak?
You can hear the pump run but no fuel at the rail?

Doesn't sound like a relay if the pump runs. could be a few things:
FPR, Pump, fuel level

I'm confused too jerryl, running one day with a leak bone dry the next. I hear the pump added fuel still no rail pressure

Doesn't sound like a relay if the pump runs. could be a few things:
FPR, Pump, fuel level
I diconnected the feed line near the front and turned the key and nothing so maybe the pump is faulty. Looks like I gotta drop the tank :(

Hose came off pump inside of tank? You did some rewiring and now pump is running in reverse? That's all I got.

I would check and see if im getting fuel up to the filter before I drop the tank, unlikely that its totally blocked but possible, nothing surprises me with these cars anymore. I had a similar issue with my first turbo buick a few years back but i cant remember what the fix was but it was not a issue with the fuel pump, i could hear mines prime too but no fuel to the rail and when i would push the bleeder valve i got a lot of air coming out. Now i wish i would of posted my find make sure you do when you find your issue.

I bought a GN, had a busted line connecting the pump to the hangar. Easy fix, but first, I'd jump the fuel pump under the hood. Take the fuel pump lead and hit it to the wire from the underhood lamp. Then, unscrew the shrader valve, hook up a long line to a gas can and try to drain the tank, because a full tank is a heavy tank. Fire extinguisher or 2 handy and a big blanket is a must. Good luck, be careful.

I would check and see if im getting fuel up to the filter before I drop the tank, unlikely that its totally blocked but possible, nothing surprises me with these cars anymore. I had a similar issue with my first turbo buick a few years back but i cant remember what the fix was but it was not a issue with the fuel pump, i could hear mines prime too but no fuel to the rail and when i would push the bleeder valve i got a lot of air coming out. Now i wish i would of posted my find make sure you do when you find your issue.
This is exactly what I'm getting air and I also pulled the filter to see what's going on still no luck

Thanks for all the responses, I will post results when I get a chance. I doubt my wife will allow me near the car until after the holiday :banghead:

Maybe obvious, but if that is it, make sure you use approved fuel line that can be submersed in gas when you fix it.