For now a TE 34?

ProjectWE4

C. Horel
For right now I was looking at a te 34 for something cheap, cause i have a friend that i can get one from for a pretty good price. Just wondering are these turbos any good. Im just trying to get into the low 12s and i have a few other mods like injectors pump and regulator, so i was wondering if that turbo will go in to the 12s.. also if i had to get it rebuilt is there any bigger compressor i can get or where is the best place to have a turbo rebuilt at..
Thanks

TE-34 is good for mid to low twelves my combo ran consistant 12.5 with a best of 12.4.
40lb inj,stretch intr,2800-12" stall :cool:

Not sure about your existing combination, but I like my TA version of this turbo with my stock engine.

My best time using this turbo was with closed exhaust and my boost was 24.5 psig. My mph was down because I had a hose to my 3 BAR map come off which resulted in extreme timing advance.

This turbo is limited to mid 450hp range using boost of 23 to 25 psig (depending on your IC & air cleaner).

If you have a stock engine this will work great, however if you have a cam and good flowing heads, and you shift above 5300 to 5500 rpm you will be running the compressor below 60% eff.

Deep Enough
Donald McMullin

Yes, you can get in the 11's with a te34 I 60 footed a 1.61 and went 11.98@115 .2 with a stock IC and 19 lbs. I almost had the E-brake ripped out of the floor and the brake pedal pushed though the firewall :D

but mid to low 12's is the norm;)