five cars trucks and trailers stolen in bowling green!

This was great news to read now hope they find the other car as well.

Awesome news. Maybe the tip they had of them both going northbound on the interstate was correct. The other one almost has to be in the Detroit area or in MI then, right? Wonder what the deal was, if they were going to go on containers and shipped overseas or waiting to be stripped or VIN flipped. Hopefully we get more details soon.

Can somebody give us an update...

Were there actually only 2 cars stolen instead of 5 from BG ?
Has one (or both) been located in Michigan and has it been returned to the owner ?

We are all waiting for some Good News!

My rig (truck/trailer/car) was stolen along with Jeff Rodeck (truck/trailer/car). We stayed at different hotels. <-----This is confirmed

I believe there was another tow vehicle broken into that had a three car trailer. It was broken into it, busted up the column but were unable to start it.

I was able to recover my vehicles. Items that were in Jeff's truck were recovered next to my car.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Well at least now we know the same group that stole Billys rig took Jeff's as well! Can't wait to hear the outcome with the perps. Why hasn't Jeff plastered info about his stuff everywhere??

This really great news , hopefully the police can get who ever did this to talk!!!

JD

Dec Update ???

Can somebody give us a December update...

Did anybody get arrested from the Michigan found car(s)

Were there actually only 2 cars stolen instead of 5 from GS Nationals ?

We are all waiting for some Good News!

Thx !

Don't worry about the BG Police Department, they wouldn't do anything to you. They wouldn't get off their a$$ for anything. No professional courtsey, nothing. This incident went up to the State Senate level before they got off their a$$es, which was a week later.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Don't worry about the BG Police Department, they wouldn't do anything to you. They wouldn't get off their a$$ for anything. No professional courtsey, nothing. This incident went up to the State Senate level before they got off their a$$es, which was a week later.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

That was unfortunate. My good cousin the senator who made some phone calls to at least get you a case number, but by then it was too late. He was happy to have helped as best he could. He used to own a paint shop in BG and remembers back in the day touching up cars for Buicks at the car show, and he also used to own a Buick/GMC dealership his dad started after WWII out in western Kentucky and remembered GN's on his showroom. Too bad the locals didn't take the time to offer such common courtesy. I slept at the track campgrounds, probably will do that again this year as the facilities are pretty nice there.

I owe you and your cousin one

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com[/quote]

Billy glad you got your stuff back.I am starting to race my Buick more now.Do you think an enclosed would of helped your situation??Would you go to any of these races again and if so what precautions would you take.:( Thanks in advance

Kevin

So Billy are there any updates on the other car stolen or who these guys were and how it went down? Or is it still ongoing and not safe to say? I just wonder cause i live up here where ur stuff was found and with summer fast approaching im sure the turbo buick owners in mich would appreciate any info that could help to stop a similar incident and possibly save someones car...

This is the first I have seen this thread. Wasnt on much in the fall last year. (High School and college Football)

I will say this, when we did the national show tour back in the early 90's for the Hot Rod Super Nats and Street Machine Nats, we devised a very cool safeguard. We only stayed in motels that had only 1 way out of the parking lot. Then after everyone was in for the night, we used the wagon train approach. We surrounded the cars with the trucks and trailers ( or the cars in trailers) with the backside of the parking lot, and other vehicles. Everyone agreed on a wake up call, so whoever wanted to leave early could get out. If they really wanted to work there way thru all the other vehicles to get to one of the cars, it would take quite a bit of work. Plus we had the Canadians with us...they drank all night and never slept, so they were blurry eyed security...LOL. They slept all day long at the show. Im telling you guys this works. Even at BPG the last few years I have gone, I have done something like this with the other car guys there.

I just posted this as info. Dont be afraid to make friends at shows for a common cause.
I dont ever want any of you to loose your car, truck or trailer.

Coach