Fire

Dr. D

I made a big mistake of parking my car outside for about a week and paid a real big price. This morning I had a fire in my engine bay because of mice making a nest.
Whenever you guys park outside, please open the hood and look for their workings. If I would have taken 15 seconds to check, I'd still have it running.
Another thing, get an extinguisher!

Well if you do see their workings???NOW WHAT???Set a mousetrap on top of my intake???I know,I will leave the rad. cap off and well you know how much animals like to drink that stuff!That'll fix 'em!Think if I put a stuffed OWL under the hood that would do it?Sorry to hear that,I burnt a few cars down in my time.NEVER ANY FUN!Just couldn't resist!You have luck like me.If it weren't for BAD,I'd have NONE!:(

And it really sucks when they go down the window sill when You're driving and then try to decide if they are going to jump or not. I helped him out a little. LOL Found their mess too. Doesn't have to be just outside either. If you soak cotton balls with mint oil and place them through out the vehicle they don't like the smell and tend to vacate. Just a thought

My car sits all winter in my garage. They like to nest in the hood insulation. Nothing like the smell of mouse piss from the engine heat when you start it up in the spring.

Jim

you people need to look into CATS or something. What's the damage, someone around here may be able to help if it's not a total loss.

It's not a total loss because the gas line wasn't compromised, but I know that I'll need all the wiring harnesses, hoses and anything made from plastic. I'm getting the car this afternoon from the garage that towed it, I'll then get a better idea of the extent of the damage.