Finally got some time.

Adams right Matt. It isn't a stock unit. Stock 86-87 won't have that bolt on plate. It's also rated at .63 AR.

Well...

It's been 5 months now and since I opened the shop full time I haven't had that much time to work on the car. I've got the new frame just about done but I can't finish it until I get the old one out first.:mad: Today was dead so I tore into the front and started tearing the engine down.:biggrin: I'll have to make sure of the vin on the block but it really does look like it's a true 49K car now.:eek: My best guess is that it was bought in 83 as a high school driver or maybe college freshman car and it blew something up. It's standard bore and the heads and block have been re-done and are clean.

The one thing I haven't figured out yet is the heads. I pulled the drivers side off and it only has partial ERG ports but the passenger side has all of them drilled. I'd love to have both of the same just like the drivers side which would cut down on heating of the intake so I'll be looking for and extra one just in case.

Attachments

• DSCN0009.jpg
    DSCN0009.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 367
  • DSCN0008.jpg
    DSCN0008.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 367
  • DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 363
  • DSCN0006.jpg
    DSCN0006.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 365
It's been 5 months now and since I opened the shop full time I haven't had that much time to work on the car. I've got the new frame just about done but I can't finish it until I get the old one out first.:mad: Today was dead so I tore into the front and started tearing the engine down.:biggrin: I'll have to make sure of the vin on the block but it really does look like it's a true 49K car now.:eek: My best guess is that it was bought in 83 as a high school driver or maybe college freshman car and it blew something up. It's standard bore and the heads and block have been re-done and are clean.

The one thing I haven't figured out yet is the heads. I pulled the drivers side off and it only has partial ERG ports but the passenger side has all of them drilled. I'd love to have both of the same just like the drivers side which would cut down on heating of the intake so I'll be looking for and extra one just in case.

I have a feeling my car has had the same storywith the freshman college student... :biggrin: what kind of oil filter is that? never seen one like that on our cars before.

I have a feeling my car has had the same storywith the freshman college student... :biggrin: what kind of oil filter is that? never seen one like that on our cars before.

just a bigger filter you can run. you did not know that there are a few size filters that fit? i think the larger one is a pf52 i cant remember i may be wrong. :confused:good to see you getting the time to work on it charlie.

Yep, that's the long filter. It goes on an 85-90 chevy PU with the 4.3 in it.

Sent you and Jase an email about it but never got a response Matt. Did you get the frame pics?

Sent you and Jase an email about it but never got a response Matt. Did you get the frame pics?

one last question does your frame have the "JA" bodytag? should be behind the wheel on the drivers side?

i got it. the frame looks great. sorry for not responding the funny thing is that the subject line was the same as what i sent you. so i am glad i looked. almost misssed it.

one last question does your frame have the "JA" bodytag? should be behind the wheel on the drivers side?

Haven't looked so I don't know. I do know that the new frame doesn't have a tag on it now though.;)

i got it. the frame looks great. sorry for not responding the funny thing is that the subject line was the same as what i sent you. so i am glad i looked. almost misssed it.

A few guys will be getting the entire frame mods but they won't be posted here, just in case there's a problem. One thing I forgot to do was leave a hole in the boxed section so I can put the center body bushing back in.:redface: I'll be adding it after the old frame is out and I do final set up and welding to it.:biggrin:

Well I didn't wait until the other frame was out to add the holes for the body bushing. The hole is a little bigger than I wanted but it doesn't reduce the stregnth of the boxed section at all. You can also see the new mount I made for the cross member in the second pic. Much stronger than the factory mount and I'll have to wait until I mock everything up with the tranny and block to drill the holes to mount the cross member and the holes on the bottom for access to the bolts.

The last pic is what I was doing for part of the day today. Some of you may know what they are but I don't think many of you will. I've got to cut a couple more out as you can see and then make the back for them. Anyone want to hazzard a guess what they're for?:biggrin: If you don't know I will show you when they get installed.:smile:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.JPG
    DSCN0001.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 318
  • DSCN0002.JPG
    DSCN0002.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 321
  • DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 323
Well I didn't wait until the other frame was out to add the holes for the body bushing. The hole is a little bigger than I wanted but it doesn't reduce the stregnth of the boxed section at all. You can also see the new mount I made for the cross member in the second pic. Much stronger than the factory mount and I'll have to wait until I mock everything up with the tranny and block to drill the holes to mount the cross member and the holes on the bottom for access to the bolts.

The last pic is what I was doing for part of the day today. Some of you may know what they are but I don't think many of you will. I've got to cut a couple more out as you can see and then make the back for them. Anyone want to hazzard a guess what they're for?:biggrin: If you don't know I will show you when they get installed.:smile:

okay, a wild gess, something to do with the transmisson, or frame horn?

Looking killer Charlie, going to have the stongest frame for sure. Nice clawfinger upgrade lol :biggrin:

Yeah my guess was you were going to turn into Wolverine but i don't think you are going to be a superhero, just a guess. :)

Frame is looking great!

LOL You guys need to do a little research about how to brace a G body up. I finished cutting the parts out while waiting on my suction pump to draw an AC system down. I've still got to fit what you saw but hopefully in the next few days you can see where they go on the chasis.:biggrin:

I also clocked the new fuel pump today. Squidforlife was nice enough to sell me a HV/HP Nascar pump from an old busch V6 engine. Just had dyno time on it and has AN fittings on it for 1/2" fuel line. I'll have to put a regulator on it but it should give me enough fuel for the engine.:biggrin: Pics coming soon.