Finally got some time.

I had just enough time to weld the LCA braces in today. Didn't take long but it isn't the prettiest welding I've ever done. I know it's strong and secure weld though. I looked at the back of the weld and you can see the "burn" marks on the metal. One more mod to the frame and it's time to change it. I'm not gonna post this mod because it's not a "normal" mod, but it will help her to hook up better and should cause the chasis to lift instead of squat.:biggrin:

whats the mod that will cause the chasis to lift?

hey looks like you got your welder all fixed those welds looks alot better then those other boogers :D i love the look of those braces clean functional and strong just how i like em

Just lucky this time. Found out the feed wheel/motor needs some love so the welder has to go in for a new cable and and some love. It decided to work for me yesterday thankfully.:cool:

whats the mod that will cause the chasis to lift?

I'll send you an email later Matt. It's 2 mods really. You may be able to do it with the body on the frame.

if you don't mind, Where did you get them things?

looking good dude :cool:

LOL Go back a little David. I made them from scrap metal. I saw the design some time ago and I just duplicated it.

Futten and ScottW will be getting a template each so they can make them if they want. I'll be keeping one for myself in case I want to make another one later for the 82.:biggrin:

Just lucky this time. Found out the feed wheel/motor needs some love so the welder has to go in for a new cable and and some love. It decided to work for me yesterday thankfully.:cool:

I'll send you an email later Matt. It's 2 mods really. You may be able to do it with the body on the frame.

LOL Go back a little David. I made them from scrap metal. I saw the design some time ago and I just duplicated it.

Futten and ScottW will be getting a template each so they can make them if they want. I'll be keeping one for myself in case I want to make another one later for the 82.:biggrin:
ok sounds good.
keep me in the loop.

Got enough to do the frame change but am lacking some time now.:redface: The cinder blocks are in place and I've got some heavy beams to hold the body up. Just have to take it out and do some set up on the new frame for the last mod.:biggrin: Here's some pics for you guys.:smile: Body should be about 36" off the ground so I can take care of the rust issues that I didn't expect.:mad:

Attachments

• DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCN0004.jpg
    DSCN0004.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 339

i really want to see that mod you are talking about.:biggrin:

i really want to see that mod you are talking about.:biggrin:

Well you'll just have to wait until I get the frame out Matt. I need part of it to do the set up.:redface: I swear I'll send you a detailed email so you see what it is. Several others will be getting the same email as well so they can see what the mods do to the launch and handling. I doubt it will but I'm hoping that this will help remove some of the restrictions on mods for these cars and let us compete along with the rest of the guys.:biggrin:

Well you'll just have to wait until I get the frame out Matt. I need part of it to do the set up.:redface: I swear I'll send you a detailed email so you see what it is. Several others will be getting the same email as well so they can see what the mods do to the launch and handling. I doubt it will but I'm hoping that this will help remove some of the restrictions on mods for these cars and let us compete along with the rest of the guys.:biggrin:

ok, i really want to see it that's why i ask.

Teaser pic!

It aint done and the final product will be posted but not the entire process. Hope you guys like it.:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 287

the rules could be bent for you- but i doubt it, if you have a chance at winning.
I feel this way about my car too.

anyway love your work dude

the rules could be bent for you- but i doubt it, if you have a chance at winning.
I feel this way about my car too.

anyway love your work dude

Thanks David. Scott W is revising quite a few of the rules to include hybreds as well as a few others. I have a feeling mine will be in left feild since I've modified the frame as much as I have but you never know.:smile:

Congrats on the new times btw David.:biggrin: Maybe I can keep up with you when she's done.:cool:

Thanks David. Scott W is revising quite a few of the rules to include hybreds as well as a few others. I have a feeling mine will be in left feild since I've modified the frame as much as I have but you never know.:smile:

Congrats on the new times btw David.:biggrin: Maybe I can keep up with you when she's done.:cool:

thanks

yeahhhh right
i am gonna need another 2 cylinders and a second power adder just to park next to that monster that you are building. :cool:

thanks

yeahhhh right
i am gonna need another 2 cylinders and a second power adder just to park next to that monster that you are building. :cool:

It's not a monster but a carefully thought out rustomod.:biggrin: Our engines should be fairly close but you do have that cooler thing in the front after all.:eek: Now if only it cooled beer instead of air.:rolleyes:

It's not a monster but a carefully thought out rustomod.:biggrin: Our engines should be fairly close but you do have that cooler thing in the front after all.:eek: Now if only it cooled beer instead of air.:rolleyes:

That cooler thing you are referring to burned my arm

look good charlie. you going to build me a set?:D:tongue:

It's experimental Matt. I don't think you'd like to pay for them though.:eek: Lots of R&D involved along with tons of research.:smile: If everything goes right it will keep more heat in the exhaust and drive the turbo really good.:biggrin: