Final THS Rules for 2010

On the Dick Kereney subject not everyone stepped up. If memory serves me right they (the racers) even voted to make some of the items he was using illegal. One example would be the automated shifer.

Take care, Kip

LOL, I remember that. Then Don Cruz runs a 8.89 without one..... :biggrin:

In a nutshell, I was just asking who the other SPONSORS were THIS YEAR and thought they should be recognized. Not worried about Hartline Performance since Clint is taking care of that. Right now, it "appears" as if we were the only vendor sponsoring the class. I'm sure that isn't the case.

Is TSH a points series or just a bunch of individual races? It's hard for me to encourage my customers to race this class when we don't know the basics.

Who is in charge? Is it Kip, 87LCR, or Slow91z?

ttt

Hi Cal and thanks for your continued interest in the class.

Now for your series question, no THS is not going to be run as a series. A large part of this has to due with the fact that some southern based racer's feel left out since most of the Buick events are in the more northern states.
Thus THS does not collect a fee from any racers like some of the other classes have done in the past. What each and every THS racer thus far has gotten has been a thank you gift for just running the class. I think this is a bonus for the racers and has been very well recieved. I do not know of any class that has ever done this, usually one has to finish in the top of the class to get any prizes.

As for your question about who is in charge, I would need to know in charge
of what exactly you want to know about? We (all the above mentioned) play a small role. I am pretty sure Ed (87LC2) has covered some of this in his previous posts but you are welcome to call me anytime (812-280-1143) if you do not want to look that stuff up. Hey if you do look it up make sure you look under 87LC2 not 87LCR as you typed it above. Not sure what a LCR is but know what a LC2 is for sure.:):)

On the sponsorship front from others besides your self itwould be best just to call as stuff has been going on behind the scence since the last THS race last year, would take forever for a slow typer like me to get done with it.
Hey you probably know is there a list already posted for TSM and TSO sponsorship?

As always take care, Kip

Kip,i wouldn't change anything. i had fun racing at columbus last year! if i remember right i was in the top 5 of qualifing with only a 12:18 . so everybody that wants to complain cause they can't compete, i believe i did. if you go changing turbo sizes this class might as well be called TSM#2.hope to see all you guys at norwalk. see ya Brian.

Hydroboost?

Can an '87 run hydroboost brakes in THS? My powermaster is toast again and I'm going to hydroboost like the 84/85 GN's as it is much cheaper and hopefully more reliable.

Can an '87 run hydroboost brakes in THS? My powermaster is toast again and I'm going to hydroboost like the 84/85 GN's as it is much cheaper and hopefully more reliable.

Glad you asked. Yes you can. Hydroboost was mistakenly left off the list and I first caught that about a week ago and have not got around to posting it.
Thanks for the interest in the class.

Take care, Kip

Glad you asked. Yes you can. Hydroboost was mistakenly left off the list and I first caught that about a week ago and have not got around to posting it.
Thanks for the interest in the class.

Take care, Kip

Thanks

Give me credit for trying not to post!!!!But I failed.

Who are the sponsors for THS? Dont tell me to call, Post them for crying out loud. They deserve the recognition or if I were them I would NEVER support the class again. When you include money into any situation it is risk vs reward and therefore a business decision. I get so sick of what could be a good class being torn apart by people from the outside but more commonly people from the inside. ---, you have pushed a great class, but I do beleive that you have hurt yourself as much as you have gained. If people dont trust the person that is putting together the class, the class suffers. Actions either purposely or incidental have caused alot of people not to trust how the class was created (by whom it was created around), nor who they are racing to support.
Just like Hartline performance sponsors classes, I go to races to support them as a sponsor. That is just the way I do business. Of course, Hartline performance has earned my as well as many racers respect and support. For this reason is why you need to list the sponsors.

Again, I tried not to post, because now I have to read some of the -------- replies..... So let them begin.... and maybe i can keep from posting for another 3 months.....:cool:

Who cares who the sponsors are??? Either you want to come out and race or you dont. Do you really think you are gonna make a buck in heads up racing?

I am a firm believer in the KISS method, if it isnt related to the rules why are we discussing it in this thread? Feel free to delete this post along with all the others that do not belong in this thread. So much drama from grown men sitting behind keyboards.

Who cares who the sponsors are??? Either you want to come out and race or you dont. Do you really think you are gonna make a buck in heads up racing?

I am a firm believer in the KISS method, if it isnt related to the rules why are we discussing it in this thread? Feel free to delete this post along with all the others that do not belong in this thread. So much drama from grown men sitting behind keyboards.

Ummm. To support those sponsors who are supporting your or a class of racing you are interested in????Maybe.....Its a hard concept... but basically it is to help support those who are supporting you.... Its not about making money.:confused: Just like supporting the class whether you agree with everything or not.....

its good that you are a "firm believer in the KISS method"...;) and then "so much drama from grown men sitting behind keyboards".... I laughed at this when i looked at your number of post versus mine....

I am not saying, Im just saying, know what Im saying?

Ummm. To support those sponsors who are supporting your or a class of racing you are interested in????Maybe.....Its a hard concept... but basically it is to help support those who are supporting you.... Its not about making money.:confused: Just like supporting the class whether you agree with everything or not.....

its good that you are a "firm believer in the KISS method"...;) and then "so much drama from grown men sitting behind keyboards".... I laughed at this when i looked at your number of post versus mine....

I am not saying, Im just saying, know what Im saying?

What does any of that have to do with the rules of this class? The only sponsor that has been published is Hartline for the Turbobuick.com Nationals in March. There are no yearlong sponsors that I am aware of.

No I dont know what you are saying. Im not a big supporter of saying one thing and meaning another. Last time I checked it was still OK to say what was on your mind and stand behind your word.

Dragin6, last year the sponsors were on a race to race basis. The sponsor donated prizes, money and gift certificates. Its actually a pretty cool system. Saw prizes last year ranging froma case os synthetic oil, tshirts, gns gift certificates and so on. Looks like hartline sponsored a race for this year with cash. I'm sure the class will run like it did last year. Why is everyone raising a stink over this? Funny how no one has questioned tsm or tso yet. I won 50 bucks for runner up in a tsm race last year lol. If you are racing in any of these buick races for money....you will be disappointed.

Who cares who the sponsors are???
Seriously? I would say without Sponsors you wouldn't have classes to race in!! In my eyes it's the Sponsors who make the classes what they are if not, then we should all just show up for test n tune!

SW.

FWIW: I am sponsoring THS at both the Turbobuick.com event and the Reynolds event.

If everyone feels the same as imjoesnuffy, I could save myself several thousand dollars in contingency and payout next year :cool:

Cal, I'm sure that's not exactly what imjoesnuffy means. Perhaps he'll get on here later and explain further after he reads the responses.

Everyone appreciates the sponsors, and yes they should get their due credit, every sponsor that sponsored a race has been thanked and had their name out there in the threads about the races, announcements at the track, and the thank you thread at the end of the year.

Seriously? I would say without Sponsors you wouldn't have classes to race in!! In my eyes it's the Sponsors who make the classes what they are if not, then we should all just show up for test n tune!

SW.

This will be my last post in this thread, I certainly didn't mean to take away from the rules of THS and get stalled in internet soap operas.

I think you are totally wrong on this one. The sponsors do not make the class what they are. The classes are made up by a group of enthusiasts that follow a set of rules/guidelines that they all agree to follow and see who the best competitor is. That is the spirit of racing and why we all go to the track. It doesn't matter if the class is sponsored by Donnie Baker's Discount Gas, Ken Duttweiller Performance, Cal Hartline or Joe Bob's tire plug shop. The class or need for a class is there before the sponsor. A perfect example of that would be THS.

On the other side of the coin you can argue that a sponsor does a lot for the class, and you would be right. Sponsors can do a tremendous amount for a specific class by advertising for the class, putting up sponsorship money to get the car count up, but in reality. If you want to race, that shouldnt matter. It is the spirit of the competition that draws us to it, not the allure of a few prizes and contingency money. Again if you are racing to make a buck, you need to re-evaluate.

FWIW: I am sponsoring THS at both the Turbobuick.com event and the Reynolds event.

If everyone feels the same as imjoesnuffy, I could save myself several thousand dollars in contingency and payout next year :cool:

Honestly, Cal I think that is pretty childish and near sighted of you. What's next? You gonna threaten to take your ball home too? I know you have great talents as a tuner and have exceptional customer service from everything that I have read about you and the way you take care of your customers. No one can deny that you have given alot to the Buick Community by sponsoring the events and classes that you have. But to be honest, THS isn't your ball to take home. It will happen with or without you.

I am not saying these things as a personal attack on you, I am saying these things because I think THS is going to be the Hottest classes and one of the most exciting classes in years. I think you have the foresight to recognize this and that is why you have decided to sponsor it. The drivers of turbo buicks want and need this class to fill the gap between the other classes. I applaud you for sponsoring it and I think when people look at who was involved from the very beginning, your efforts will be looked upon favorably.

I think I have steered this thread far enough from it's original intent. If you want to discuss it further, we can via pm or phone. Now back to the rules.

Honestly, Cal I think that is pretty childish and near sighted of you. What's next? You gonna threaten to take your ball home too? I know you have great talents as a tuner and have exceptional customer service from everything that I have read about you and the way you take care of your customers. No one can deny that you have given alot to the Buick Community by sponsoring the events and classes that you have. But to be honest, THS isn't your ball to take home.

I wasn't speaking about just this class I said if EVERYONE felt this way I could save a lot of money. I have no intention of pulling sponsorship money because nobody else I know feels this way. We pay a lot more out to the other classes not to mention the money we raise for the TSO class at BG and the Reynolds race, so I can see why the approx. $2000 we are putting in this class may not seem like much.
It is you that is being nearsighted. Without a payout the class will never grow. Racers won't travel very far to a race if the payout isn't there. If your at an event that has two classes, one that has a big payout and one that doesn't have a payout, which do you think will have more cars?

Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

Even though I will not be running this class I think it will be an awesome class. I will be making the trip and watching very closely and maybe making some changes to run at BG. Good luck to those that are running this class. Looks like I will be running TAI only.

Bryan

I'm looking forward to some good heads up racing in this class without breaking anything expensive- the possibility of winning money is just icing on the cake. I'll be the one with slow launches off the foot brake with a TE45a and just a 3000 stall converter...

THS Turbo Question, interior

I am building a street strip GN and saw this class. It sounds exciting and I would like to participate. I have a new 6765 billet S Cover which can't be used for this class (Its got 4 inch opening) but before I trade it in to get an E cover I had a question (Its still new in box).

By changing to an E cover for just this race how much ET/HP would I lose for general racing etc for rest of the year? I planned to build this car for street strip and go to Edgewater and learn to race. Just wondering if its worth changing directions a bit now while I still can.
I would only race it in Bowling Green THS or THS races close enough to Cincinnati to easily drive to, I have no truck/trailor or extra $ for that.

Also, prior onwer put the GNX dash/gauges in, is that still stock appearing interior?

Thanks
Clay Willmott