Final THS Rules for 2010

I am building a street strip GN and saw this class. It sounds exciting and I would like to participate. I have a new 6765 billet S Cover which can't be used for this class (Its got 4 inch opening) but before I trade it in to get an E cover I had a question (Its still new in box).

By changing to an E cover for just this race how much ET/HP would I lose for general racing etc for rest of the year? I planned to build this car for street strip and go to Edgewater and learn to race. Just wondering if its worth changing directions a bit now while I still can.
I would only race it in Bowling Green THS or THS races close enough to Cincinnati to easily drive to, I have no truck/trailor or extra $ for that.

Also, prior onwer put the GNX dash/gauges in, is that still stock appearing interior?

Thanks
Clay Willmott
Clay,
There is no ths race in bg. Closest to home would be columbus (2 hours), Norwalk (3.5 hours), Bunker Hill (kokomo, IN ~ 2-3 hours). Where in Cincy are you?

The interior is ok. Not sure on the power loss on the turbo but I would say it would not be a lot.

Ths, bg

I'm in Northern KY 5 min from Cincy.

Just saw that no THS will be in BG. Man I'm a little down about that.
I grew up in BG and my "bucket list" includes build a GN and race it at GS/Beech Bend. Guess I still can but not in THS. The BG thing is more important to me for reasons above than other locations.

So if I keep my turbo I have I would be in the TSM in BG? I imagine I'd be pretty slow but still have fun. I am going no matter what though, already took a week off work for it!!

Will THS be in BG in 2011?
If its to be a real class I really think in the future it should be at Beech Bend in BG. Thats just my opinion and I hope it doesn't offend anyone. I would think it would improve the car count and attendance more so than take away from others? The more the merrier!
Thanks
Clay Willmott

I'm in Northern KY 5 min from Cincy.

Just saw that no THS will be in BG. Man I'm a little down about that.
I grew up in BG and my "bucket list" includes build a GN and race it at GS/Beech Bend. Guess I still can but not in THS. The BG thing is more important to me for reasons above than other locations.

So if I keep my turbo I have I would be in the TSM in BG? I imagine I'd be pretty slow but still have fun. I am going no matter what though, already took a week off work for it!!

Will THS be in BG in 2011?
If its to be a real class I really think in the future it should be at Beech Bend in BG. Thats just my opinion and I hope it doesn't offend anyone. I would think it would improve the car count and attendance more so than take away from others? The more the merrier!
Thanks
Clay Willmott

Welcome to the board! I work in Ft. Wright, KY. Pretty much at 17 and 275.

Not sure on what the bg plans are for the class but your car is tsm legal minus the alchy kit. There is also an alchy class (tai I think) in bg that your car would fit right in.

So are GN1 alum heads allowed but not staged TA Alum Heads?
Just wanted to clarify this statement. The way its written makes aluminum heads ok as long as they are not staged.

Which other aluminum heads other than TA brand are "Staged"?

See below:
Thanks

Engine

1. Any production Buick V6 engine that was available from the factory in a passenger vehicle is allowed.
2. No Stage 1 or 2 iron or aluminum heads or engines are allowed.

Both the GN1 and TA heads are allowed. The stage part of the statement refers to the configuration both of the above heads follow a stock style head.
Thanks for the interest in the class.

Take care, Kip

The ta heads are ok. I think you got stage 2 heads mixed up with ta heads with stage bolt holes. A stage 2 head has huge ports and were made by buick themselves for racing and were never on a production engine in a production car. The ta head is a stock style head that can be used on a s2 engine although it is not a s2 head. A ta or gn1 head is legal.

I have not read alll the post to this thread but have seen that the BPG name has been brought up as to what we are doing....last year we paid out to THS we also provided a location to hold their innagurall class. as anyone knows who has hosted a national event ther are 10's of 1000's of dollars involved in promting and hosting these events...what the racers pay to enter barely covers the event hosts payouts...and sometimes not at all...it is the other attendees..spectators...Car show guys and spectaors are the ones that provide the majority of the funds for payouts...at least as far as the BPG is concerned,,,as well as the BPG membership dues....The BPG is open to all Biuck Classes but it is the membership that provides the seed money...the more members the greater the payouts...I know that a few of the TSO...TSM guys are BPG members...but how many THS guys are...now let me paraphase this....we are not asking all racers to be BPG members but it does help as far as payouts are concerned....

I have not read alll the post to this thread but have seen that the BPG name has been brought up as to what we are doing....last year we paid out to THS we also provided a location to hold their innagurall class. as anyone knows who has hosted a national event ther are 10's of 1000's of dollars involved in promting and hosting these events...what the racers pay to enter barely covers the event hosts payouts...and sometimes not at all...it is the other attendees..spectators...Car show guys and spectaors are the ones that provide the majority of the funds for payouts...at least as far as the BPG is concerned,,,as well as the BPG membership dues....The BPG is open to all Biuck Classes but it is the membership that provides the seed money...the more members the greater the payouts...I know that a few of the TSO...TSM guys are BPG members...but how many THS guys are...now let me paraphase this....we are not asking all racers to be BPG members but it does help as far as payouts are concerned....

Sean, I have no idea how many of the THS racers are BPG member but can tell you that me and Ed both are. So I guess I would say the guys that are taking the most time out of their lives for the class have got your back so to say.

Take care, Kip

I know that..lol...it just seems that most of complainers not necesarilly in this thread but in general have no affliation to any club or event other than attending and are the most vocal when it comes to payouts and sponsors etc....just how i hve seen it from an organizers point of veiw for the last 4 years...

Does someone have to pay a membership fee to race or make time runs in BPG??

I never have. Of course you have to pay to get into the track, but that's a given at any race. You do not have to pay the gsca membership anymore either to race at bg.

2 more cars at Turbo buicks event !!

Just shipped out 2 motors today built for this class.
Cars and NEW TURBOS are waitng on them ;)

That is great news Don. Thanks for the support. Hearing news like this lets me know we are really on to something good.
On a side note a customer of mine with a Malibu was telling me about your car yesterday. Seems he uses some of the same services you do. Small world, you are famous.

See ya, Kip

For Loyd (and Jamie),
The wheels are ok. The tires are ok (Dwayne thanks for the link). E85 is ok.

Cool on the E 85 have been very busy and just got the car out to shine up. Hope to see all at Norwalk.

THS rule question

I need new shocks/springs and I see the rules state "No rear coil-overs". If I need new springs and shocks for the front are coil overs allowed on the front only?

Thanks

I need new shocks/springs and I see the rules state "No rear coil-overs". If I need new springs and shocks for the front are coil overs allowed on the front only?

Thanks

Sorry for not getting around to answering this until now, after we spoke on the phone the other day I kinda forgot about this. So everyone is clear, yes the front coil over mod is allowed.

Take care, Kip

I'm having a new engine being built for THS since my first attempt at getting to the Nationals didn't work out:eek: One rule I would like clarified, is the stock appearing interior. Would that rule out a bolt-in harness bar, Corbeau grey/black seats and 5 point harnesses? I also didn't put the door pull straps back on to go with a cleaner, less 80's look. I also shaved the rear view mirrors...

Thanks