Final THS Rules for 2010

I've been watching this class with some interest for a while now. My street car would have fit nicely into this class and probably been REAL competitive but the rear-end rule as well as the 3x2 cover rule knock me out. I'm not bitter about it by any means. There is absolutely no way to make everyone happy.

Most all heads up classes have always started out as one thing and evolved (or some mutated) into something completely different. Racers are innovative and make the most out of whatever set of rules are given to them. I remember when Hot Rod magazine first started the "Fastest Street Car in America Shootout" back in the mid 90s. Now it's been overrun by mega-buck, corporate sponsored teams with semi trailers, multiple engines, etc, etc. The average Joe can't afford to run anymore. Using the Buick world TSM as an example - that class was originally coined as an "affordable" classs for the average Joe being centered around the 109 block to eliminate the mega buck stage motored cars. Problem now is that the real competitive cars currently in the class are essentially stage engines wrapped in a fortified "stock" block. No offense to the guys who have run the big numbers as they have paid their dues but that class is ruined as far as anyone on the outside looking in who ever thought about running TSM.

I have to give Kip credit for sticking to his guns and I understand what he's trying to accomplish as well as what he's trying to avoid with this class so I'm not going to add to the grovling and crying. You start giving a little here and then you give a little there and next thing you know you're back in the same old situation. There will be a handful of cars that will consistently be at the front of the pack but hopefully they won't have the joes so outclassed they don't even want to try. Some of the attitudes and egos from behind the keyboards amaze me sometimes. Guess it's why I don't get involved in too many discussions on here. Hopefully the politics, personal vendettas and hidden agendas won't ruin the whole thing over time. Good luck!

will

Will, I have never met you but what you have said in your above post could not have been said better. There was your post and turbo lyod that contribute to this thread. I was looking forward to you running this class, your car sounds awsome and would have been a front runner.
DDay

i would really like to run this class but cannot afford to build a 9 second car,
with the title turbo hot "street" i was hoping for a class for the average joe,
oh well will be fun to watch!

i would really like to run this class but cannot afford to build a 9 second car,
with the title turbo hot "street" i was hoping for a class for the average joe,
oh well will be fun to watch!

What do you mean?? You don't need a 9 sec car to run this class, no one that has actually raced in the class has ever been in the 9's.

We've had people run this class that were running 12's and 11's, and they weren't 1st round losers either.

And besides so far everyone that has ever racing in the class got SOMETHING, whether it was a mouse pad, a case of high dollar synthetic tranny fluid, or a Trophy and Cashola.

Come out and race, it's fun even if you're not the number 1 qualifier.

so far everyone that has ever racing in the class got SOMETHING, whether it was a mouse pad, a case of high dollar synthetic tranny fluid, or a Trophy and Cashola.

What were the payouts last year? I know Hartline Performance is paying out at two of the events this year. Are there payouts at the other events or are we the only sponsor? Sorry if it is posted elsewhere and I haven't seen it.

What were the payouts last year? I know Hartline Performance is paying out at two of the events this year. Are there payouts at the other events or are we the only sponsor? Sorry if it is posted elsewhere and I haven't seen it.

That's not something I've been involved in I just saw all the cool stuff they gave away last year...Maybe Kip will chime in or you could just give him a shout and chat about it.

EDIT-After posting I thought about THIS thread...It has the past sponsers.

I would be curoius to know what the payouts are as well? Kip are you planning on contributing to the payouts or are you just the organizer.

You've have made it very clear that YOU set up the rules and that YOU are the reason this new street class exists. But are YOU gonna actually contribute $$$$$$$ to the winner of this event? Or have you contacted other sponsors to help contibute?

Or is this just for fun?

Gnbrett, I hate to say it but you're being a douche here. It's easy to see right through what your agenda is here. This thread is about the rules, not the payouts. Anyways, what do the payouts matter to you? That 4 bolt 71 isn't legal lol.

Lol.... Don't get ur panties in a knot. It was just a simple question for which YOU apparently do not have an answer for. If YOU can come up with a better and more accurate response then im all ears...... Btw, what is my agenda? It was a question about $$$$$$$. That's what makes it interesting. Am I wrong? And no my 71 is not legal:cool:

Do YOU have a car to compete?

Last year the winner of the MWC race got around $300. DDay can answer what he got at the other race in cbus. No one is racing these classes for money....if you are you're in the wrong racing series. Its all in fun, if you don't like it, stay home. Have YOU ever been to a Buick event? Have YOU ever raced in one? Do YOU plan on it?

Lol.... Don't get ur panties in a knot. It was just a simple question for which YOU apparently do not have an answer for. If YOU can come up with a better and more accurate response then im all ears...... Btw, what is my agenda? It was a question about $$$$$$$. That's what makes it interesting. Am I wrong? And no my 71 is not legal:cool:

Your agenda? LOL are you serious? It was pretty clear when the 5th grade name calling began.

Do YOU have a car to compete?

Last year the winner of the MWC race got around $300. DDay can answer what he got at the other race in cbus. No one is racing these classes for money....if you are you're in the wrong racing series. Its all in fun, if you don't like it, stay home. Have YOU ever been to a Buick event? Have YOU ever raced in one? Do YOU plan on it?
Don't try to deflect the question that was asked. You obviously do not have the answer so maybe Kip can chime in...:rolleyes: If Kip needs you to hold his hand then im sure he can ask you for it.

Who posed that question anyway? Do you actually remember? So what's my agenda? Im still waiting? Or are u gonna just throw it out there like kip.

Why are you not directing ur responses to Cal? He was the one inquiring? Was he not? It was a simple question that you turned into someones agenda?

Ok, im getten several PM's asking me to step away so I will. Good luck to all...;)

Wow, I've never seen so much whining in my life before from grown men.
You guys can all go out and spend your time, your money, and go to races without your car to organize a class such as Kip, Collin and Ed have done. Damn Kip, you try to help the Buick world out and all you get is a bunch of bullsh!t and name calling. Pathetic!! Some of you need to step back from the keyboard and think about what you are saying/typing.
I'm helping a friend build a car for this....he had to buy a new cover but he didn't whine. He was just happy to have a heads up class to race in.

People get excited about racing their cars only to be told they don't fit this class or that class.
I think the BIG issue here is that people build a nice street car that runs decent numbers and the majority of the places that we are prevented from competing at is the Buick events. Take my car: can't run THS, don't have deep enough pockets or enough time to run TSM or TSO- not to mention my car can't come close to competing in TSM let alone TSO. THS seemed poised to grow to the class that a REAL street car could have a place to race and have some fun. The turbo decision has got to be the biggest issue at hand here.
Look at the things that ARE allowed: Trans brakes, fiberglass, frame notch, any size downpipe(kinda funny given the turbo restriction), aftermarket engine management, aftermarket fuel rails, ALKY, 28x10.5 drag slicks, 28x12.5 DOT radials, 295/55 DR's
Just seems like a 3" inlet restriction is going to limit the car count (already obvious by the replies here) and keep people from running multiple classes. TAI seems like the only class I would be able to race without redoing something on my car. I was awaiting the final decision on the billet wheels as I was considering changing the turbo but not to a 3" inlet.
Not whining...disappointed
Bryan

Back to the rules

For Loyd (and Jamie),
The wheels are ok. The tires are ok (Dwayne thanks for the link). E85 is ok.

For Cal,
Thank you for supporting THS. Cash payouts were provided by the organizations that hosted the race (the BPG and the Chicagoland GSCA chapter, for example) last year. And that is how they will be handled this year. So you are not the only "sponsor". Everything else we give away comes from donations. As for last year's payouts, off the top of my head I do not remember what they were. I will look that up (or maybe some of the participants who won something can chime in).

People get excited about racing their cars only to be told they don't fit this class or that class.
I think the BIG issue here is that people build a nice street car that runs decent numbers and the majority of the places that we are prevented from competing at is the Buick events. Take my car: can't run THS, don't have deep enough pockets or enough time to run TSM or TSO- not to mention my car can't come close to competing in TSM let alone TSO. THS seemed poised to grow to the class that a REAL street car could have a place to race and have some fun. The turbo decision has got to be the biggest issue at hand here.
Look at the things that ARE allowed: Trans brakes, fiberglass, frame notch, any size downpipe(kinda funny given the turbo restriction), aftermarket engine management, aftermarket fuel rails, ALKY, 28x10.5 drag slicks, 28x12.5 DOT radials, 295/55 DR's
Just seems like a 3" inlet restriction is going to limit the car count (already obvious by the replies here) and keep people from running multiple classes. TAI seems like the only class I would be able to race without redoing something on my car. I was awaiting the final decision on the billet wheels as I was considering changing the turbo but not to a 3" inlet.
Not whining...disappointed
Bryan

I don't think the class will be hurting for car count. It already was bigger than tsm at Cbus and Osceola. I commend them for sticking to their guns on the original rules on the turbo.

I don't think the class will be hurting for car count. It already was bigger than tsm at Cbus and Osceola. I commend them for sticking to their guns on the original rules on the turbo.

How many TSM cars were there?