Feedback on Kirbans "Touch and Start" kill system?

trick86

Solid Member
Hey All, looking for some feedback on Kirbans "Touch and start" kill system or an any other similar killl systems avaible.
Thanks
Byron

I am not sure if this is what you are referring to but back in the '90s Kirban offered a sweet little system that was a starter interrupt activated passively each time the car was turned off. By touching two metal points wired to the control box with your fingers the circuit was closed allowing the car to start. It also had an LED for visual deterrence. Loved it and then it broke and by then Kirban no longer offered it. Wish I could find another like it. Was not able to find an electronics guy to fix it as I am sure it would have been an easy fix for someone with the right knowledge. (Same reason all electronics are throw away these days.) Don't see how this helps you but thought I would share. If you find one NOS let me know!

Dean

I know the guy that made those for Kirban although I havent seen him in years. I dont understand why that thing never caught on more. It was great. I loved mine.

Id imagine it would be something that someone with an electronics background could duplicate easily.

there is a new and improved version for sale now.

I doubt the same guy is building them. A Buick vendor ripping off someone else's idea. That NEVER happens.......

What's wrong with #1517 ??? It looks and sound infinately easier to hook up. Part #7230 has a crap load of wiring to hook up.

What's wrong with #1517 ??? It looks and sound infinately easier to hook up. Part #7230 has a crap load of wiring to hook up.

At $26, cant be much to it. Looks like some kind of plug in harness with a fuse you can remove to activate it.

The Touch and Go is way more stealthy. You can do all kinds of interesting things with it during installation. I had mine set up so you had a screw in the plastic that surrounds the seat frame. Touch the screw and the steering wheel metal and the car would start.

I had one on my t type back in the day. loved it!
If you get creative with where you locate the screw, you can have some fun messing with people.
I had my girlfriend convinced the only way the car would start is if I rubbed my crotch on the steering wheel

I got one of the new ones. I bet my father in law $20 he couldnt get the car started within 2 hours and I even gave him the keys.

I now how my 20 and his 20!

I only have two other people who know how to start it and on is my wife and the other is my best friend/neighbor just in case it needs out of the garage during an emergency if I am not home. I highly recommend one.

I am also glad the idea hasn't taken off. The more people know how they work the easier they are to figure out.

Thanks for all the input, Kirbans even sent me the instructions before purchase so I could see how the unit worked and wiring diagrams. I think I'm going to order up a few of these units.
Thanks

I just saw this thread on our touch & go system.... as it has been stated it was offered originall yby ius years ago and then my supplier dropped out of the game.. About a year or so ago I found a local guy who is into electornics and he did our poiular LED lite set up for the analog dashes...and the low fuel circuit as well.

He also makes the new touch and go systems. One of the big selling features is you ONLY cut one wire in your car. No other wires get disturbed. This is one key feature that seperates it from other more complicated alarm systems. So, even if it were to fail for some reason all oyu need to do is reconnect the one cut wire.

I remember back at one of the shows we did at the air base in Johnsville 1990 or 1991 we had our son install them and he was busy all day doing installations.

With no switch to locate and it sets automatically it makes it a very nice simple system to protect your turbo regal or for that matter nay other car prior to cars with air bags.....

currently we have more getting made as we ran out prior to the Holidays.

It also has a valet settting which enables car to start the regular method so if you are having work done on your car you need not inform your mechanic the trick.

The other method we sell which is cheaper works on a fuse principle.

The touch and go system is virtually fool proof as it has been mentioned....not many systems I have come across are still working 20 plus years later as mentioned above.

I for one having owned so many turbo regals hated the cars I would buy that had failed alarm systems in them and trying to figure out which wires to remove to put the car back to stock.

Will tell you a funny story about alarms in the post under this post.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Funny alarm story....

The early 1990s when I was selling 30 or more turbo regals in a year I had this one GN I had bought that had a clever alarm in it. In the center console something get pressure on a button or some sort of switch. Move this thing of the base of the console and the car would not start.

When I sold this car I also sold another car the same day and in my haste I forgot to tell the buyer about the clever alarm in the car.

Few weeks go by the guy calls me up says the car won;t start and his mechanic can;t figure out why.

He was wondering if I had any idea what would be wrong.

It then dawned on me about the clever alarm. Turns out he had hit a speed bump and it must have disturbed the thing in the console and then when he went to restart the car it would not start.

I apologized for failing to tell him about this alarm that the previous owner had installed and of course he was able to restart the car once they realized what had happened.

I had another Turbo regal where you had to position your rite foot over a certain spot on the carpet otherwise the car would not start. Have to remember back in those days when these cars were fairly new they were probably the most popular stolen GM car especially the GNs...

Had one of my customers take his Dad one year to the Englishtown Buick Race day event....went to leave and guess what no turbo regal was where they had parked it....not a good feeling first time his Dad went with him to a Buick event and it ended on a sour note.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Great input Dennis. After studying the instructions it seems one can use this device to interupt just about any circuit in the vehicle not just starters as the relay stays closed till 25-30 after ignition is turned back off, ie-fuel and/or ignition circuits as well as starter circuits. Currently my order with you(Kirbans) is being held back till' a few BO items are in, including these.

Thanks
Byron