Fck you Ebay---taking $$$ out of PAYPAL

BandAid

Keyboard Bully
So i logg into PP today to address for parts i sold here,i did have an item listed on ebay that never sold and i sold it locally so ebay decides they have free reign of my PayPal account and feel they can take $34.00 out for something that never sold thru them....maybe its not the wife spending the $$$$ ,,ebay steals it..fckrs:mad::mad::mad:

Did you cancel the auction?

Did someone buy the item and you never shipped it?

Your post lacks the necessary info to truly discern what you are saying.

Actually agree..they have to explain why they took it in the transaction...what did that say?

I can't believe the eBay fees now. It's really unbelievable. I wish another auction site would catch on so I could drop eBay. Btw clear your pm box.

So i logg into PP today to address for parts i sold here,i did have an item listed on ebay that never sold and i sold it locally so ebay decides they have free reign of my PayPal account and feel they can take $34.00 out for something that never sold thru them....maybe its not the wife spending the $$$$ ,,ebay steals it..fckrs:mad::mad::mad:

Link to auction?

I deleted it since it didnt sell on there,but i did notice that everytime i relisted it, i changed the reserve price to help it sell better and make them fckrs their $$$,but they charged me 5.91 everytime i lowered my reserve..

I used to buy all kinds of stuff on eBay. That paypal couldn't pay me to use it. Too many stories of misfortune. I do wonder when another auction site will pop up. I really find it funny that a seller will decline selling to me because I don't use paypal.

The biggest crock they have is the non-negative. When you look at feedback it lists Positive, Neutral, and Negative. It is impossible for anyone to recieve a negative feedback. Ebay knows internally who the the problem bidders are, but dont disclose it.

A month ago I sold a wastegate on Ebay. It went for 244. The buyer was from Martinique. The buyer kicked around paying for it for weeks. back and forth promises of sending money, cards stolen, limits reached, etc. Finally I open a dipute so I can recive the fee's back.. I have to wait 4 days... a week latter I log in to see if closed.. still open. I pickup the phone and call Ebay.. they finally take care of it and am able to relist item. I start the bidding at 150.. lo and behold.. The guy from Martinique places a bid :mad:

call Ebay again.. they inform me I can block a bidder if I add them to a buried section of my screen...

They have lost their ability to regulate themselves, fee's are out the roof, and lost all common sense.

Sorry to vent. Soon as another player pop's up.. he will rule.

A few months ago I was selling our old iphones. I had 4 or 5 auctions end with the winning bidder sending me a message to ship to Nigeria or some other crazy places. Obviously scams. It was a huge hassle and fees got piled up even though I wasn't getting paid, etc. Sure in the end they revered everything but since then I haven't really sold anything there. Just not worth the hassles.

Peter

A friend just told me they took money out of his pp.

He listed a very nice WW1 German bayonet. Had great pictures showing condition.
Guy wins it, he ships it. Guy emails him reguarding the "frog". Its a leather strap to attach the bayo to your belt.
My frind showed it in the pictures but didn't consider it part of the auction but just an added bonus. You were bidding on the bayonet.

He tells my friend "after further research, the frog is not original German" . Ok, *what..*waite... you do your research AFTER you place a bid? Dumbazz....
The frog was never mentioned in the listing and the guy never asked about it...

My friend thinks so what, it wasn't what you were bidding on.

The guy places a complaint with PP and the full amount gets pulled from my friends account. So shipping as well and my friend didn't even get his item back, and if he does who is to say it will be the same one??

You have no rights dealing with e-bay or PP.....

The guy places a complaint with PP and the full amount gets pulled from my friends account. So shipping as well and my friend didn't even get his item back, and if he does who is to say it will be the same one??

wow, that's f*cked! i stopped using ebay just because the fees were outrageous, now i see even more has changed

A friend just told me they took money out of his pp.

He listed a very nice WW1 German bayonet. Had great pictures showing condition.
Guy wins it, he ships it. Guy emails him reguarding the "frog". Its a leather strap to attach the bayo to your belt.
My frind showed it in the pictures but didn't consider it part of the auction but just an added bonus. You were bidding on the bayonet.

He tells my friend "after further research, the frog is not original German" . Ok, *what..*waite... you do your research AFTER you place a bid? Dumbazz....
The frog was never mentioned in the listing and the guy never asked about it...

My friend thinks so what, it wasn't what you were bidding on.

You have no rights dealing with e-bay or PP.....

Your statements are not factual in regards to the PP dispute process.

First, the money is not pulled from your account, it is placed on "hold" (like a bank holds a check) so it can not be transferred out.

Second, IF they guy wins the case, he must send the item back with tracking within 7 days.

Last, once tracking shows it was delivered to seller, THEN the buyer gets a refund,

If the item is not sent by the buyer or received by the seller, then the seller keeps the funds...case closed.

Ebay/Amazon is one division of the company I run, so we deal with this all the time.

I just sold a few kids Halloween costumes on ebay. I didn't realize until it was too late that ebay now charges fees on the shipping cost. WTF? I guess those azzholes that ripped people off with the ridiculous shipping costs were causing greed-bay to "lose" too much money so now it's ruined for all of us who only charged the actual shipping cost. Pretty soon they'll probably charge a fee just for having an account that has been inactive for 30+ days or something.

There are alternative sites...but ebay has pretty much become synonymous with online auctions that it's one of the first things people think about when buying/selling online. Then maybe Amazon and Craigslist. But the problem with Craigslist that unless you're using an app that automatically searches areas for you and have alerts set up it can be a PITA to keep up with.

eBid Online Auctions - Buy & Sell in our Fee Free Internet Auctions for United States - 12 Auctions for "Buick Grand National"

Online Auctions: Laptops, Desktops, TVs, Electronics, Home & Garden | uBid.com - 0 Auctions for "Buick Grand National"

Facebook Classifieds - https://facebook.oodle.com/ - 33 Auctions for "Buick Grand National"

Bidville.com - Not open yet

iOffer: A Place to Buy, Sell & Trade - 94 Auctions for "Buick Grand National" (but most of it was crap or sellers including the phrase in their listing even though it has nothing to do with the item)

Property Room | Auction Deals | Discount Jewelry, Watches, Coins, Art - "The long story? Founded in 1999 by former police, Property Room originally provided online auction services solely to law enforcement agencies. By statute, such agencies must sell seized, recovered, found, and unclaimed personal property at public auction. If you've ever wondered about our funny name, the cops safeguard all the goodies in the Property & Evidence Room."

First, the money is not pulled from your account, it is placed on "hold" (like a bank holds a check) so it can not be transferred out.

Second, IF they guy wins the case, he must send the item back with tracking within 7 days.

Last, once tracking shows it was delivered to seller, THEN the buyer gets a refund,

If the item is not sent by the buyer or received by the seller, then the seller keeps the funds...case closed.

Ebay/Amazon is one division of the company I run, so we deal with this all the time.

That explaines soooo much about you now.:biggrin: Thank you for explaining the complaint system though.:)

That explaines soooo much about you now.:biggrin: Thank you for explaining the complaint system though.:)

I deal with more BS than this site could/would ever dish out, from Ebay/Amazon/Half.com/etc online customers.

Hence why I take nothing anyone says here seriously, except the mountains of tech advice given, which is worth it's weight in gold.

We also supply most of the major players on Ebay and Amazon that sell OEM cellphone accessories.

Playing both sides of the fence (retail and wholesale) in any industry has its advantages.

Don't know if it helps but I just got my bill for evilbay. I sold 3 tiems and it's over 10% of the total of what I sold.:mad: Now I understand what you were talking about with ridiculous fees. I don't think I'll be selling much on it any more now.

The total fees are actually 12% of total INCLUDING shipping. Plus almost 4% PayPal fees. It's really ridiculous.
Don't know if it helps but I just got my bill for evilbay. I sold 3 tiems and it's over 10% of the total of what I sold.:mad: Now I understand what you were talking about with ridiculous fees. I don't think I'll be selling much on it any more now.

The total fees are actually 12% of total INCLUDING shipping. Plus almost 4% PayPal fees. It's really ridiculous.

That's just totally unreasonable to me. I can see 5% total but with the PP fees that means you're paying close to 15% now.:mad:

I'm sure your right as I don't have all the details and you work for egay..

Basicly the guy paid too much and is using this route to get out of it. The system should not support this type of action..