GNX's @ Harrisburg Mecum 2015

stage1gn

I was there last year to experience their first " East Coast" auction , it was great . GNX
# 234 was there , as you all know of this car , sold here from this forum , sold again 2 weeks later to who I presume is the current owner , LRA Enterprises out of Pa. , a collector car dealer who probably bought it thinking " home run" and since has not been able to sell it . I have seen it multiple times on ebay , and go into the green as sold !!!! But , it really never has . Last year , I witnessed it hammer at $54k , IMO , they should have taken it .
This year not only is # 234 going to be there , but 2 more !!!! # 035 , the " sunroof " GNX , and out of Ct , another collector car dealer , Napoli Classics , is bringing # 406 , even though it is listed in Mecums site as # 407 , it is NOT , it is # 406 . You can check it out on his website , Napoliclassics from Milford ,Ct .
He has jumped 2 feet into the Turbo Buick market as of couple years ago and has had a bunch so far . I bought # 176 from a 65 year old gentleman , 1/2 mile away from his dealership !!!! Was alittle nervous when going thru the paces of buying it , that he might find out about it , and go scoop it up , then he would have marked it up and I would not have bought it from him . As a typical dealer does , he came to my house to try and buy my 89 TTA 15k miles and the 1,400 mile GN I had . As you might expect , the hilarious offers he made on them .
None the less , I sold them outright to others .
Anyway , I cannot go to this years Mecum , gonna be something to see 3 GNX's there for sale , don't think I recall any of the past auctions having 3 at one time . Also will be interesting as to what they sell , or don't sell for . Anyone going , enjoy !!!!!

I'm sure all 3 current owners expect to get $100k at least since the Barrett-Jackson one sold....of course the reality will be much different I'm sure. I'm also not surprised Mecum and Napoli are skewing the facts for the two GNXs Napoli is selling, as the old saying goes "Don't ever trust a used car salesman" a

Napoli is only selling one X , # 406 . LRA is selling # 234 , don't know who is selling # 035 .

Napoli is only selling one X , # 406 . LRA is selling # 234 , don't know who is selling # 035 .

Oops, well either way they are being misrepresented by Mecum and Napoli and LRA......

Side note...GNX #24 is now on eBay....looks pretty nice....people seem to be selling them left and right lol, probably trying to cash in

# 024 looks like the nicest/reasonably priced one in awhile , whoever is looking for one should really consider it .

Sunroof GNX went for $69k.

Pete

You mean the fake 'ASC' sunroof...I laughed when they said, "1 of 3 with ASC sunroofs"..Idiots.

On a side note #234 still didn't sell at mecums earlier today, it got up to $45k but didn't hit the reserve. That guy just needs to give up on selling it for what he wants...

How many miles on #234?

64k miles I believe, but I'm sure you are well aware of that cars history. I know on his website for his used car lot he was asking something like $70k for it.....lol yea good luck with that as everyone in the buick community pretty much knows that cars history.

#406 goes up on the block Saturday, that car will also be interesting to see what it brings as it has a lot of things that have been changed from stock.

Last edited:
I'll add to #234 , I was there last year at Harrisburg Mecum , it went to $54k . I do bodywork/paint , so I am very particular/fussy so if I owned that car it would be getting torn apart , stripped to bare metal and done mint from the bottom up . As I said before , I would have bought it at the orig $35k it sold here 2 years ago , but wouldn't pay anything over low $40's for it now , so again the seller should have jumped on the $54k last year , and taken the $45k for it now.
He has had it on ebay with multiple times going into the green as sold , but yet has always appeared to still be at their dealership . Did it really "sell" and when the buyer(s) got there , they did not like what they saw , and backed out ? Because he/they are describing it as laser straight body/paint .
The unfortunate attempt to sell this time around , is that there are 3 that showed up !!!!!!
As far as the 1 of 3 sunroof X's car , because it DID NOT come from/been built at ASC with all the others , my opinion about 035 is that it is an X that has been "hacked" into at a dealership to add a sunroof , therefore to me , is wrecked , so the value again , to me, is less , not more !!!!!
Not saying the quality and function of the install is bad , just doesn't look right with it .
Hope these comment's don't offend anyone .

The mechanical work on #234 was done at the same shop I take my car to in MD. I first started taking mine there when that car was being put back to stock. I agree cosmetically it would need to be blown apart and done again and the suspension parts needed to be repainted and detailed. That was back in late 2012. For the mid 30K selling price at the time it would have been a good entry level GNX for someone, but not one to buy as an investment. Instead it went to a dealer and you can only try to flip something so many times until people catch on.