Fastest v6

Donnie, There is no flat spot , except the fact that it just doesnt pull like I think it should after around 150' or so. Part of the leaning it down process got me into the 1380 EGT readings and the 3 thread burn on the plugs with no real gains!! At that point I figured I had pushed the limit to the breaking point and went back to 1100 EGT.
I guess the only way to put this in perspective would be for all you guys to try to imagine trying to do this with no FAST or BIG STUFF and no LAPTOP info!!! Without the A/F ratio I have basically exhausted everything that I know to try. With the A/F ratio info and a retard system on board this year I think / hope I will get closer to that 3.999

Turbodragster, Thanks for the pics Now I can change my screen saver!!!
Im thinking I may come down there sometime to watch you test. I checked last night. I dont think the new NOPI schedule is out yet. Maybe we will get to pair up a Nopi race. Doesnt look like any of the BUICK RACES
wants us to attend!!! I JUST CANT IMAGINE THAT THEY DONT WANT PROBABLY THE 2 FASTEST BUICK VEHICLES ON THE PLANET TO RUN AT THERE EVENTS!!! BLOWS ME AWAY!!!! Mike:cool:

OK send me a pair of the 6 logo and the GNX stickers !!! Maybe if I look like you , I will get it to run as good as YOU !!!! Wishfull thinking!! Mike:cool:

Donnie, There is no flat spot , except the fact that it just doesnt pull like I think it should after around 150' or so. Part of the leaning it down process got me into the 1380 EGT readings and the 3 thread burn on the plugs with no real gains!! At that point I figured I had pushed the limit to the breaking point and went back to 1100 EGT.
I guess the only way to put this in perspective would be for all you guys to try to imagine trying to do this with no FAST or BIG STUFF and no LAPTOP info!!! Without the A/F ratio I have basically exhausted everything that I know to try. With the A/F ratio info and a retard system on board this year I think / hope I will get closer to that 3.999

Turbodragster, Thanks for the pics Now I can change my screen saver!!!
Im thinking I may come down there sometime to watch you test. I checked last night. I dont think the new NOPI schedule is out yet. Maybe we will get to pair up a Nopi race. Doesnt look like any of the BUICK RACES
wants us to attend!!! I JUST CANT IMAGINE THAT THEY DONT WANT PROBABLY THE 2 FASTEST BUICK VEHICLES ON THE PLANET TO RUN AT THERE EVENTS!!! BLOWS ME AWAY!!!! Mike:cool:
I don't know what's wrong with the rest of them, but I'd like to see it.:biggrin:

Doesnt look like the board of directors??? Wants us to race!!! If you disagree with this decesion and want to see us race, then you need to contact the powers to be. They are not listening to anything that has been stated by me or anyone else thus far!!! Mike:(

I feel for ya Mike. It seems that people that push the envelope don't get the recognition they deserve from their peers. Really, this is true with many aspects of life in our society. Don't want to get deep on this subject. All I'll say is, welcome to the club my friend.

I for one do appreciate the time and effort you've put into your project. If I lived closer, you can bet I'd be over to your place helping out in any way I could, even if it was only moral support. I hope we get to meet someday.

Turbodragster and Blown V6 are over there in the thick of the Buick community over there on the east coast and you guys are being shunned? What's up with that? What the heck is wrong with you people over there.

Doesnt look like the board of directors??? Wants us to race!!! If you disagree with this decesion and want to see us race, then you need to contact the powers to be. They are not listening to anything that has been stated by me or anyone else thus far!!! Mike:(

What's the problem with you guys running? Is this BG or elsewhere?

They don't want you making passes at all or just won't let you compete in the bracket/index classes? I couldn't imagine a reason that you could not run at a Buick event.

I'd like to see both cars run.

Turbodragster and Blown V6 are over there in the thick of the Buick community over there on the east coast and you guys are being shunned? What's up with that? What the heck is wrong with you people over there.

Don, it's not really about strategic location in the USA, it's really all about the crybaby competitors that don't think they have a advantage over the competition. We see rules changed/modified and some items taken out of the equation just for these reasons. Door cars don't want to bracket race a dragster.

Community and turnout is diminishing yet we continue to single out guys, especially the ones that spend the $$ to be some of the fastest out there and anybody who doesn't think the fast race cars are what racing is all about, tell me why NHRA doesn't air the slow cars on Sunday. :biggrin:

I can understand that the vast majority of the Buick community want a level playing field to make it fun for the majority of the race participants. But, I also understand what brings out the spectators and what gets fresh blood interested in our cars. And that's not the 'strangle to death' rules that are presently in force. I think the answer is pretty simple. Just create for few more new classes that cater to the more innovative among us. If only a few show up, so be it. They are proclaimed the winners for that class and event, and hopefully their showmanship inspires new people to challange in that class at the next event. There needs to be an unlimited class. Period. I would propose the only restriction be that it's a 6 cylinder. By gosh. It just seems so simple to me. These race organizers need to get off their tush and do some work for their keep. If they can't get this figured out, they need to make room for new leadership that can get it done.

Oh. A class for any engine too. Sorry Dusty.

I just got back from the March Meet at Bakerfield, CA. I went for Saturday only. The turn out was unbelieveable. You could have sworn it was a NHRA event. In the stands we met people from Australia and Canada. The Canadians said that the racing was so lame in Canada that it was a deal to fly to be at the March meet and see some real race cars. They said that in Canada a big event was 3 or 4 top fuel cars and then time filler by imports racing station wagons. People don't want to see classes of cars racing with alcohol injection. They want to see racing with ALCOHOL INJECTION.

The Austrailians brought a car to race at the event.

Don, I have more races locally than I can afford to attend already, not running at BG doesn't hurt my feelings. When I went, I made test passes, had no interest in running a class but still heard crap from people who wouldn't say anything to my face. They chose to wait until they got home to start the bashing. I go to hang out with friends and watch a few heads up classes. I have lots of people ask me to come with my car, too bad a select few hinder the rest of those that attend and enjoy seeing something they don't routinely see. Not every day do you see a Regal on radials and stock suspension apply 1700hp to the tire and get it down the track. Same goes for these dragsters. Most people would love to have them, unfortunately the head honchos and a very small group of attendees aren't interested in new innovation. They keep the same show, over and over again turning away new ideas like power adders in the V8 class, V6 powered dragsters.

I still can't imagine them not letting the dragsters attend and make test passes. It is Buick powered after all.

You can bet that if I had the clout, something would be done about this.

It's like watching a slow death. Very sad way to continue the Buick heritage.

Turbodragster and Blown V6. I look forward to meeting you both at an event, somewhere, someday. Let me know if you guys plan anything together.

The Bowling green race clearly states that it is door cars only , and the payouts are pathetic at best for the quick 16 , so I never had any intentions of running there. I fugured it was more their loss than mine.
BPG in Columbus last year the rules for the quick 8 race were clear -- "Buick powered ,anything goes, .4 pro-tree , headsup" . This was supposed to bring out the fastest buicks in the country and be a great show. Well I guess they forgot about me and I showed up to race!!! They called for first round qualifing and I got to run against the TA performance backed car of Rod Henderson. I believe I was still slowing down after the pass and track announced that I was DQd. The rest of the weekend was ridiculous battle with the powers to be weather I was allowed in or out of the race. Finally after several NO / YES / NOs , I was told I could race , but there were certain things that I was expeted to do or not do!! Long story!! Race was rained out so that settled that.
I have been pleading with them to simply make the quick 8 race a dial-in race
so no one has an advantage. They are determined to make it a heads up race and feel I have to big an advantage so I assume that I will not be allowed to race in the quick 8 race. The quick 16 rules state that it is buick powered / buick bodied so I believe thats out also.
I believe the latest is to have turbodragster and I match race!! Nothing for certain just some thoughts. Mike:rolleyes:

They announced that while you were still on the track.

Sounds like a class act. Holy smoke.

Yes it was crazy. I get back to my trailer and there is a whole pack of people there holding their hands out asking "whats going on" I said what do mean ,and they said that they made the announcement that I was DQd. Looking back I believe it was an honest mistake but a bad decesion. Seems that the head man that doesnt want me to race ( John Schmidt ) didnt know the rules of his own race. So when he heard me run he called the tower and told them to DQ me. Believe me when I say it was a complete cluster !!!
I went to the race drector , he didnt have a rule book , BUT he told me that the intention of the rule was Buick powered - Buick bodied!!! So I got a fairly large group of backers that eventually came up with a copy of their rule book. After some heated meetings on the subject they basically had no choice but to let me run. So then the quick 8 became voluntary. If you wanted to run you were to bring your best time slip to the race director and he would pick the 8 fastest for the show and the Payout would be pro-rated to number of cars that chose to run. WELL THAT LOOKED FIXED TO ME!! So inorder to keep the field full and make the payout as advertised ,I decided not to make any more runs because I didnt want to scare anyone off and cut the purse.
BIG MESS!!! Mike:(

Yes it was crazy. I get back to my trailer and there is a whole pack of people there holding their hands out asking "whats going on" I said what do mean ,and they said that they made the announcement that I was DQd. Looking back I believe it was an honest mistake but a bad decesion. Seems that the head man that doesnt want me to race ( John Schmidt ) didnt know the rules of his own race. So when he heard me run he called the tower and told them to DQ me. Believe me when I say it was a complete cluster !!!
I went to the race drector , he didnt have a rule book , BUT he told me that the intention of the rule was Buick powered - Buick bodied!!! So I got a fairly large group of backers that eventually came up with a copy of their rule book. After some heated meetings on the subject they basically had no choice but to let me run. So then the quick 8 became voluntary. If you wanted to run you were to bring your best time slip to the race director and he would pick the 8 fastest for the show and the Payout would be pro-rated to number of cars that chose to run. WELL THAT LOOKED FIXED TO ME!! So inorder to keep the field full and make the payout as advertised ,I decided not to make any more runs because I didnt want to scare anyone off and cut the purse.
BIG MESS!!! Mike:(

And let me guess. The winner was proclaimed the fastest Buick V6. You're a true gentleman. Your actions reflected that. Good for you. I just hope that the winner didn't end up being Mr. John Schmidt. Please tell me that didn't happen.

Well. I guess you have a good idea of how Buddy probably felt. And to imagine that this happened at a Buick event. Hats off to the people that organized that circle J. Another classic event to add to the history of Buick V6 repression. The names involved should be written in the history books. Villains within the Buick community? Nah. Impossible.

No that didnt happen. John never got either of his cars to go very well at all,
and it rained on Sunday (race day) so they rained it out. No body won , and no payout was given. The latest is the cars that were entered in the quick 8 & quick 16 will get in for free entry and the purse is rolled over into this years purse. That goes for Everyone except me that is!!! Mike:(