Fastest v6

you guys have to remember kenny went 6.89 9 years ago. what could he do now with todays tech?. It all comes down to money, How much you have to spend will tell you how fast you will go.

Great point. If there was a team backing our block like there is today for toyota, I think we could still be competitive. How far can the new TA block be pushed?

Just read under another section that the new TA block has reached 1700hp! The TA add aslo boasts the question of "who will be the first to reach 2000hp?" Looks as if our oldschool pushrods can still be quite competitive to me!

Just read under another section that the new TA block has reached 1700hp! The TA add aslo boasts the question of "who will be the first to reach 2000hp?" Looks as if our oldschool pushrods can still be quite competitive to me!

Where have you read that?

I found it under the stage 2 section. There is a thread called Ta performance Block.

I found it under the stage 2 section. There is a thread called Ta performance Block.

That is part of their marketing.
I am not aware of anyone stepping forward and saying that was their build.
This includes Duttweiler, DLS, RPE and Anderson.
If this figure was factual it would be all over the Internet!
However I am not saying it is impossible.

Why would they post that someone has made the 1700hp mark in their add? I agree though that it would be big news to make 1700hp.

Why would they post that someone has made the 1700hp mark in their add? I agree though that it would be big news to make 1700hp.

Marketing is an interesting game.
1700 is not impossible, but to my knowledge has not been done with this or a stage II block.
Call them and ask them who built the motor and for dyno sheets.
Please post back what you find out.
Once you provided that information, it could be verified through members on this board.
TA originally marketed it was good for 3000HP.

I think i'll just live in denial and hope that someone did make 1700. Im not desperate enough to call TA and question them about their add. I still think if Buick Motosports would have survived, they would have pushed 2000hp and put toyota to shame.

I think i'll just live in denial and hope that someone did make 1700. Im not desperate enough to call TA and question them about their add. I still think if Buick Motosports would have survived, they would have pushed 2000hp and put toyota to shame.

I called Mike (the owner of TA) and he graciously gave me a couple minutes to talk to me about the block.

Mike's Information:

-The On Center and Off Center Blocks are in stock
-The current pricing is $3900
-The 3000HP strength claim was made by people who were comparing it to top fuel blocks.
-The 1700HP claim was based on figures heard on the Internet about a TSO Motor.
-This block has shown that it can retain bearing longer in a high performance race application.

My Opinion:

-The TSO motor if you do the math makes ~1500HP MAX...
-The Turbos I have known to be on that car would not even support 1700HP
-This block has a lot of potential and just needs to find someone that is willing to put the money and development into.
-I am sure that the TSO guys will continue to push the envelope but due to turbo limitations will never push this block to the suggested limits.

In closing this block is a monster and is waiting for someone to wake it.
I would love to see a 10-1, twin turbo with 76MM turbos running on alky push the limits on a good engine dyno.

Do you think soneone with enough $$$ could make 2000hp with this motor??? Is it possible??

I would like to see what the Duttweiler Galina/Freeman Team can come up with
this year. In addition Shane and Jay will come out swinging at some point.
To my knowledge they will both run the Buick Block but similar performance should be expected.

all i can say is Ara had a toyota dragster at the track same day as me and i put it on him. you can talk all about what power they make but like some say compare apples to apples. i like toyotas, but they run 75 lbs of boost to get those numbers. i know because of my freinds in the import world. but for everyone thinks they can run 5's with a toyota in a dragster all they got to do is do it and show me how easy it is. blown hemis have trouble running them numbers even in dragsters when you got a torque converter behind it. but anyone who feels going in the fives will be easy with a toyota by all means go for it. i definatly will be waiting for it at the track.
P.S.
it aint the whistle that pulls the train.

I bit my lip when I read this a while back. I go to quick races around the Ohio
area. Its blown 600cubic inch Hemis , BBC , SB2s , etc. I quite often end up in the top half of the field against these guys and get to send a few home!!
I have never seen anything smaller than my motor even think about trying to compete in this class.
Example : The absolute track record at my home track "Kilkare raceway" is held by an all out Pro-top outlaw , blown Hemi , lenco , TAD car 3.85 @ 185 in the 1/8. I have been 4.25 @ 163 with my junk v6 buick. 90% of the time I show up to bracket race my car I am the fastest car at the track. People around here just cant believe a buick v6 can run like that!!!
After listening to all you "Toyota experts" I guess I should just pack it in and give up!!! BTW Im at 40# of boost , and working the bugs out on the way to 60+# and lookin for 3.90"s Mike:rolleyes: :cool: :cool:

Id love to try one of the aluminum blocks if the deal was right. I think when people see what we're coming out with, we might get a "right deal" ;)

Things are about to get REAL interesting in more ways than one.

I bit my lip when I read this a while back. I go to quick races around the Ohio
area. Its blown 600cubic inch Hemis , BBC , SB2s , etc. I quite often end up in the top half of the field against these guys and get to send a few home!!
I have never seen anything smaller than my motor even think about trying to compete in this class.
Example : The absolute track record at my home track "Kilkare raceway" is held by an all out Pro-top outlaw , blown Hemi , lenco , TAD car 3.85 @ 185 in the 1/8. I have been 4.25 @ 163 with my junk v6 buick. 90% of the time I show up to bracket race my car I am the fastest car at the track. People around here just cant believe a buick v6 can run like that!!!
After listening to all you "Toyota experts" I guess I should just pack it in and give up!!! BTW Im at 40# of boost , and working the bugs out on the way to 60+# and lookin for 3.90"s Mike:rolleyes: :cool: :cool:

This is similiar to what happened in the ADRL series last year. Titan took there little I6 powered car and whooped on all the blown hemi's and turbo big blocks. In some cases they were down 1000hp compared to the competition. There is a point where your at an advantage with less power when you can throw everything you have at the chassis and not worry about managing power to get down the track.

A local guy I speak with often is a driver for Titan. I have seen their cars run locally in testing. I do believe a Buick V6 could make the power they are making if someone were to put the effort into it but it hasn't been done yet. The closest is probably 200 hp away. One of the advantages of the I6 is the rpm range. They turn them over 10k which could explain the power difference. What impresses me most about them is they are using the stock block and head, that's crazy power for production pieces.

What you guys are doing with the V6 is impressive. Look forward to seeing how far you both can push them.

the toyotas are great with what they do, but when a torque converter is added allot changes. i have been to a few top dragster races and am always number one qualifier thats with big block nitrous cars and blown hemis. all i can say its easier to say than do. maybe if i had a clutch in stead maybe i would go even faster. i just know with the automatic its tuogher to get a car to go down the track. a dragster is a tricky thing to go fast with. we have no suspension so how do you adjust the chassis. you dont! its all about tires and wheel speed to get the car to work. another fact is everyone who goes fast with a toyota has a millon dollar hauller not a trailer that gets confused for a landscaping company. when you work on a car out of a garage with ony me and my fatherworking on it, with forklift mechanic incomes, its tuffer to experiment and take coastly chances. 3.99's on on the way i just know it aint as easy as people make it out to be. im proud of what i have done with the resources i have. i just wish some would stop trying to throw rocks at those who represent the heart of what drag racing is. doing whats never been done.
P.S.
lead, follow, or get out of the way

Dusty, I havent been happy with the power level Im at yet so I havent tried any other converters. Im using a 8" spragless that stalls about 6250 with the current power level!! It doesnt drive through it, but my speed has alwas been low compared to the ET. Think you can help??? Mike:cool:

Dusty, I havent been happy with the power level Im at yet so I havent tried any other converters. Im using a 8" spragless that stalls about 6250 with the current power level!! It doesnt drive through it, but my speed has alwas been low compared to the ET. Think you can help??? Mike:cool:

Do you know the slip #'s?? Sounds like the car 60fts like you want according to your et. If the speed is low it could have more than ideal slip. If you can get me a little info we can see what we can do.

What rpm do you shift at? If you prefer a PM that's fine;)