fastest te-45a

Woody

Originally posted by Woody
I am running a te45a with a few bolt-ons on my 87 GN.............The turbo is awesome!!!!
(62 years young in July!!)

Sounds like a good combo, but you may run out of injector if running super hi boost. Most guys are atleast running 72's or 83 pnd inj. but you may get away with it. Also get an EGT guage as it will assist you in tuning, this is the only tool I use and I am pretty successful with it.

Never blew a head gasket yet, knock on wood:p Good luck.

Ray

ME-r heads up

Careful..real careful.. the ME-R has had a lot of revisions.. and unless the manual used matches the version on the chip.. you can create a huge mess. About the only thing that stays consistent is POS 0 idle fuel. Every thing else.. bounces around with versions.

Call Steve Yaklin for the technical assistance. He'll need to know what version you run.. its printed on top of the chip. And get you the correct manual.

Hope this saves you from popping a U know what.

Razor

Thanks for the heads up and also another board member sent me via email all the current instructions for it. Now, let the reading and tweeking begain:)

Just to make sure.. current instructions "will not work" with an older chip. Just an FYI.

Current version is an 11.7a with the timing drop in first gear. Made for you know who ;)

Just a quick question. The TE-45a is pretty much the equivalent of a TE-63-1 right? I have the 63 on my car but have yet to turn up the boost past 20 or so. Even with the little 009s I'm not running lean. I guess the alky helps out in that department.

I ran my TA62 with the Bosch 42.5.lb. injectors to 25 psi. with the pump gas and alky. 20* timing.

99% D.C. peak on Direct Scan, I figured they were about done.

Stock headed car.

45 psi. fuel pressure.

Lethal, the TE45a has a 66 or 67mm wheel ( depends when it was built ). The 63 is not its equivalent. HTH, Brian

What would be a nice solid stall for this turbo? I am currently running AC 9" 3200. And I am also running 55's.
Pretty sure I am coming up a little short on both of these.

Best so far: 10.878@124.70 w/1.589 60'

Thanks

car is running 6.20-25 every pass @22.4 lbs w/out n20 in 88-90 deg weather! i am gonna turn this puppy up and give it a "passing gear"shot on the 21st!!!

Originally posted by Fuelie600
Lethal, the TE45a has a 66 or 67mm wheel ( depends when it was built ). The 63 is not its equivalent. HTH, Brian

I just bought one last week and Chopper said it is a 66 wheel, I questioned him about the 67 wheel and he said they have never built one with a 67. ??????????

Originally posted by wh1-Denver
I just bought one last week and Chopper said it is a 66 wheel, I questioned him about the 67 wheel and he said they have never built one with a 67. ??????????

They have never built a 45a with a 67 wheel because if they put a 67 wheel in there they call the turbo a GT67. That's what I had and was not overly impressed with that wheel. Their feedback has been that the Buick guys have not done as well with the 67 wheel as they have with a 66mm wheel.

I 2nd that. My gt67 went as fast as a TE-61. I pushed both turbos to the max, and beyond. GT67 feels strong on street, and pulls hard @20-25PSI.

A 45A from chopper is a 66 wheel.I have gone 129 with nothin fancy.stock iron heads ported and stock headers10 nonlockup, 400 turbo tranny 3400 lbs,front mount IC.Im sure many have gone faster. I owned two of them and upgraded one to a gt70 to run tsm this year .Hope to get it back monday to go to the Nats see you their

Originally posted by BobbyBuick
A 45A from chopper is a 66 wheel.I have gone 129 with nothin fancy.stock iron heads ported and stock headers10 nonlockup, 400 turbo tranny 3400 lbs,front mount IC.Im sure many have gone faster. I owned two of them and upgraded one to a gt70 to run tsm this year .Hope to get it back monday to go to the Nats see you their

So a 45A can be upgraded up to a gt70?

the only thing he used was the turbine wheel .I went to 4"x2.5" so everything ended up being different other than the turbine p trim wheel

BobbyBuick said:
the only thing he used was the turbine wheel .I went to 4"x2.5" so everything ended up being different other than the turbine p trim wheel

Bob,

How expensive was that upgrade and how much did you pick up?

Thanks