Fastest Pump Gas / Alky Car...?

So............ did Melissa get any runs in ? Don't see any info..

First pass at Reynolds was a 10.11 @ 134. After that, either left too soft or blew the tires off the rest of the first day. Car ran awesome just like normal. Had a 1/4 tank of fuel left that night driving back and filled the tank the next morning on the way in. Car ran absolutely terrible the rest of the time. Knock like never before. We're betting on bad gas but who knows till we find out. We'll bring our own pump gas from now on from the Sunoco we always go to in Andover to eliminate that being any issue in the future. Drove it in, and drove it back to the hotel both days, we just have a gremlin to find.........He's dead when we find him..... Had a great time and was great to see everyone, Kereny's, James, Mike Zimmerman, Hartline's, Harmon's, Jason W, JD, Julio, Roy/Laz, Phil, Mr Cruz, and LOUIE!! :) Oh yea and Ottomotive...... Bet that flight was nice.......... AND LONELY!! :p

We have some work to do and def learned what we can and cannot get away with. The stock headers are the first thing to go with these aluminum heads we're running now. Now that we have our jungle gym in the car, the flood gates have been opened and I can't wait to try some bigger stuff.....:)

Oh yea, and I think we're gonna run some slicks too. :)

So good to see you GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPEFULLY a fresh tank and you'll be back to wear you where!!!!!!!!!!!

keep us up dated!!!!!

thanks JD :D :D :D

we are done till next year "I think" :p had a good time in Reynolds.. still doin a "learning" curve after just changing spark plugs :p Slicks are defiantly in the "to do" list :eek: .. Time for my little "ricer" car to get some things done.. ok back working on the house :redface: ...hmmmmm Acto is racing in a few weeks ....nevermind :rolleyes:

we are done till next year "I think" :p had a good time in Reynolds.. still doin a "learning" curve after just changing spark plugs :p Slicks are defiantly in the "to do" list :eek: .. Time for my little "ricer" car to get some things done.. ok back working on the house :redface: ...hmmmmm Acto is racing in a few weeks ....nevermind :rolleyes:

So when did you ever start worrying if a track was "officially" open or not....??:rolleyes:

:biggrin:

So when did you ever start worrying if a track was "officially" open or not....??:rolleyes:

wellllll...I did promise the wife I would stop "tinkering" with the cars and go back to doin house "junk" :rolleyes: :p

wellllll...I did promise the wife I would stop "tinkering" with the cars and go back to doin house "junk" :rolleyes: :p

Mine wants to "paint" the kitchen this weekend.... :mad:

(thinking to myself) the paint looks just freaking fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought for the day: Getting married is easy.... staying married... is the challenge...

been awhile since this was updated and i know some of you have gotten pretty fast.....

Melissa and JC are the only ones I know of that ran a 9.9 . That was with a 67 turbo... From what I am reading (from the alky class rules post) LOTS of guys with BIGGER turbos and "wilder" set ups are "suppose" to be out :confused: Our track is opening in a week or so.. We hope to be back out in a few weeks :rolleyes: :p Wonder if the gas crunch is goin to affect guys goin to BG? :frown:

yeah i have a nice track rental coming up in 2 weeks and im hoping to hit 140 with alky and stock iron heads if not a tad faster....

109 block
ported 8445 heads and ported intake
70 q trim turbo
72lb injectors
ebay headers
3" single shot
FT roller cam
precision FM
3" DP
and of course razors kit, lol

been 137.5 on a real safe tune and ran out of time at the last track rental to make a good pass...track was not prepped well either as i went with a bucnh of 12-13 second cars that did not need much prep, car weighed in at that time at about 3650 and have since added a cage in the car so who knows now

1985GN.... Dan.... John.....

My hat is off to you guys...

scaring 140 at the traps... on pump gas and alky is bad @ss.

I have wondered why someone hasn't tried a 70GTQ BB turbo....

Here I go hallucinating....sorry

If I could afford one... I'd try it with some 72's... pump gas... alky.... 215/220 roller cam.... shifting around 6k.... high 20's... maybe 30 on the boost.... low 20's on timing (really as much as you could get away with watching knock) in high gear....bigest heads I could afford... PTC TSM style converter... girdled block.... yada... yada...

well your close to my combo on that wish list, i do have a ball bearing turbo and the 215/220 roller cam...as for timing i run it real low right around 20 at the moment..A/F are right around 10.8 on the runs..i got a nice pats performance 3200 stall in my car and love it..car was built for street racing but i have been getting back to going to the track a little more this year

1985GN.... Dan.... John.....

My hat is off to you guys...

scaring 140 at the traps... on pump gas and alky is bad @ss.

I have wondered why someone hasn't tried a 70GTQ BB turbo....

Here I go hallucinating....sorry

If I could afford one... I'd try it with some 72's... pump gas... alky.... 215/220 roller cam.... shifting around 6k.... high 20's... maybe 30 on the boost.... low 20's on timing (really as much as you could get away with watching knock) in high gear....bigest heads I could afford... PTC TSM style converter... girdled block.... yada... yada...

well we need street ability. We drive the car everywhere . As it is the car is a blast to drive !!! May try a few things and see where it goes. Mainly slicks although I hate changing tires at the track.. ya I am lazy :rolleyes: :p

It's always been cool to see a rip a low ET and then drive home!!!

If you can do it on the DRs that just makes it that much better.

I'm going to try and have my car ready for BG.... and tow it there this time so I can run it.... in the pump gas and alky class. My bottom end and turbo will keep me from the potential of low 10's.... one day I will have enough to put together a little more.... so I won't be scared to put a 70 BB turbo on it...and push almost 30 psi.... gotta be a low 10... high 9 potential I would think...

My current setup should have mid-upper 10 sec potential... IMHO... just gotta get it together...

I will be driving mine most likely to the track here at my strips near the house (about 1.5 hours away)...... but I won't attempt to drive my car to BG and run mid-high 10's.... because the risk is too great....for me at least... being 7 hours from home....

I have however driven my car to BG before... 7 hours there and back... just didn't run it there....

we have always run drag radials BUT as the car got quicker it's harder to get it consistent. She has done 1.4 short times with them BUT I do think slicks are goin to give her something in ET AND consistency :cool:
IF 67 turbos can go high 9's LOW LOW 10s then a 70 should do a lot better ??!! no?? :confused: