Fastest Pump Gas / Alky Car...?

very nice ive been 10.10 at 137.5 with a 1.65 60'...got more aggressive on the tune and went back to track and went a 10.10 again but at 125 coasting as i ran into problems..have not been back but everything is squared away, my goal is a 9.7 at 140 or more......thursday im hoping to make it to the track to see

Care to share your timing and boost numbers??

no stroker here and ported stock heads and upper/lower intake as well but im a little lighter at 3750 give or take then you guys i beleive. nothing crazy on the car, 3" DP, some 72lb injectors and an innovative 70 with a 3200 stall in it for now..

What kind of fuel pump are you running??

:eek:

Grumpy.... you awake? You and Russ better get busy..... they are coming after the record...... I know you guys haven't spent all last winter idling......

ummmm... I have been lounging up at the lake for a while :eek: relaxing ... chilling out .. Melissa even let me take her car after she spent a week vacation down Cape Cod with it.. BUT it's "that" time again :p like Russ said there are a lot of guys with way more "stuff" than us so let em do it . I am surprised no one has gone buy us yet:confused: car is a blast driving around BUT... like I said its that time again :biggrin:
oh ya ...forgot to say the car is no longer her first priority :rolleyes: I thought I taught her better than that :rolleyes:

Grumpy sounds like they are calling you out to a race.

nah...let em do it then we may get our butts in gear :p Hell it's been almost a year people have been chasing . :biggrin: have to get my butt in gear and drag this Mazda out :rolleyes:

i sure have not been chasing i dont even go to the track more then twice a year or i would have passed it a while back...lol

i sure have not been chasing i dont even go to the track more then twice a year or i would have passed it a while back...lol

You gotta get there before you can pass it........ Go to the track more and set the bar for all of us to catch....... We will....:)

i built the car primarily to street race so i rarely go to the track i do most of my testing on the street..if i had enough track passes to iron every kink out im sure i could get more out of it everytime but the car is what it is..hell i dont even 60' the car at the track i leave at 4lbs and go mid 1.6's and just hope she steams enough to make a good ET, lol. weather permitting i will give it a go on thursday and if not then i know a couple track rentals coming up i can hop in on and then have a whole day to play with it

Melissa's GN is a driver/beater for the summer. just sucks sharing HER car with HER :rolleyes::biggrin: have to get my own junk goin this winter :p

Hybrid's don't count it this do they? :)

I hope to turn mine up a bit at the M13 Event Oct4th. No alky and just regular 93oct from $hitco. :)
~Scott

Great times for everyone too.. Daym!

Hybrid's don't count it this do they? :)

I hope to turn mine up a bit at the M13 Event Oct4th. No alky and just regular 93oct from $hitco. :)
~Scott

Great times for everyone too.. Daym!

I don't think so BUT worth posting:p .. I have a hybrid (Mazda) brewing here with the motor that came out of Melissa's GN :cool: just don't know if Ill finish it before I die :rolleyes: :p

I don't think so BUT worth posting:p .. I have a hybrid (Mazda) brewing here with the motor that came out of Melissa's GN :cool: just don't know if Ill finish it before I die :rolleyes: :p

You practically have one foot in the grave you old fart! :eek:

J/K

:biggrin:

You practically have one foot in the grave you old fart! :eek:

J/K

:biggrin:

speak up !! I can't hear you ..its NO joke !! I have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel :rolleyes: .. I was told only the good die young so I guess I still have a little time left :eek:

we are currently putting a similar combo like mine into a light weight mustang notch back so im a fan of hybrids...as for my car im out for the count at the moment as sunday morning my motor decided to have a hiccup with a piston...hope to have it back together beginning of october then to the track for some passes.....

Cool!!!!

The more Hybrids the better... I feel like a odd ball going to these events and me being the only Hybrid there. :(

Once my friend Chris's Mustang is done I won't be going alone...

Grumpy.... It ain't over till the fat laidy sings...so build on!! :)
~Scott

My son wants to make our 4X4 Jeep Cherokee into a turbo hybrid because I won't let him drive my low 11's T to high school.

I'm thinking the jeep has a solid tough drive train at 3100# and 4 wheel drive with low/high range might be a real sweet deal.

I've never seen one done up with Buick V-6 Turbo set up before. But after looking at the 4X4 boards there are a lot of V-8 Chebby conversions so this thing will take a pounding.

As for me I need to start paying attention here because I finally got the T back together right and it is now capable of mid 10's easy but I want to get there on pump gas this time.

So I need to start researching you guys.

Mikey

Still

Went back last Saturday and still stuck at 10.22 @ 133 MPH
spinning the entire 60`....
NEED NEW SLICKS.
Can`t post Video. File must be too big...:frown:

NEED NEW SLICKS.

John was there that same day and saw you do a couple of runs and then leave.

He was keeping me updated and we were tossing around tuning ideas over the phone (thanks to the Telux/Nextel two-way) and he said that the traction there was questionable too but got better as the event they were running got closer to starting.

I wish I could have been there. I miss running my hunk of junk at that track. :(

His 60's ended up being in the mid 1.5's where they are usually 1.4's (he is the king of bonzai launches)

Despite that though his runs were in the low 10's at 134-136mph with a best being a 10.0@136.

From what he mentioned to me and the ideas that we came up with the power was still hard to come by on that day......

Too bad too as that pass would have been his third 9 sec pass under his belt.......

Oh well maybe next time. :frown:

NEED NEW SLICKS.

you need to put it on a host site...Streetfire, Youtube, etc. and then link up to it.