Fastest Pump Gas / Alky Car...?

Wow...what an interesting thread this has become!...:D
First, I want to publicly congratulate John (JC'sGN) for his 9.96 run!...
Second is that I personnally know "SNOWBIRD" and I am sure that he never intended to insult anyone...He's too good of a guy to do that! He was probably misinterpreted... By the way, I wasn't even aware of that bitter discussion that happened at the track!...:rolleyes:

After doing several tests at home with a friend of mine who is quite a good mechanic, (compression test- ok, cam sensor- ok, crank sensor- ok, etc...) we warmed up the engine and like at the track, as soon as there was a good "load" on the engine, the missing was there again...we checked the spark plug wires-ok, and we found out that cylinder #5 was missing. So we decided to change #5's spark plug with #1's and all of a sudden, it was #1 that was missing!!! I guess the answer was there! I just did not happen to have any spare plugs with me at the track, so there was no way for me to find out what was wrong...

Joe, I just hope you will have solved your mechanical problems... Let's hope we'll both be able to go back to the track and have a little fun at least one more time before the end of this season! :D

See 'ya guys!

Claude :wink:

Claude is right about snowbird, he is a nice old, old man.:biggrin: Claude I am glad you figured out the problem of you car and can't wait to see it run. I will be going to the car meet in laval friday, hope to see you there. If I don't see you friday night let me know when you will be going to the track cause I will come down too if I am not working. I hope Joe figured out the problem on his GN so he could come down too. Maybe our Ottawa buddies, Mike and John could come back down, so that John could beat his record of9.96 at 139.80 in the colder october air.

Marco.

Marco.
T-Top 86 Grand National (61300km)
stock long block, stock suspension, 12 inch red stripe convertor (2800stall), te44, smc alk injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost, 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, 42 ½ lbs 009 injectors, turbotweak alky chip, thdp, mease 24 row IC, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/50/15) 3835lbs race weight with driver. (Torque convertor locked only after car shifted in third), rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, comp cam 980 valve springs.
BEST E/T
60FT=1.55
1/8= 7.34
1/4= 11.59
MPH=118
BEST 60FT=1.52

Well, it's "back to square one" for me!...:mad: I thought I solved the missing problem on my car...Well, no!...I drove it yesterday evening and it is still missing!!...I've now replaced ALL the spark plugs...and will see as soon as weather permits...

Claude :rolleyes:

I hear that.......

there is an update to this list :eek: Thankyou mothernature for some colder weather. :smile:

Going to leave em in Suspense ;)

Melissa just raised the bar a notch earlier today.. I'll let Grumpy fill it in. Yes single digit.. not going to say anymore ;)

well just pushed it up a little :p hey every little bit helps!!! 9.94 @ 138.14 :biggrin: def more left but she got kicked out AGAIN... her best speed was a 138.57.. Track officials didn't appreciate it as much as us :eek: would have like a little colder weather but the rain cleared out today so all was GOOD:cool: ok now halucinting about Reynolds, Ga. :cool: I would have never thought of goin this fast as some of us have ...damm car doesn't make a sound ...just rips down the track ..ok been a long day here..back to some more halucinating :p AS USUAL GOTTA GIVE JULIO THE "ATTABOY" FOR DRAGGING US TO ALKY:biggrin:

well just pushed it up a little :p hey every little bit helps!!! 9.94 @ 138.14 :biggrin: def more left but she got kicked out AGAIN... her best speed was a 138.57.. Track officials didn't appreciate it as much as us :eek: would have like a little colder weather but the rain cleared out today so all was GOOD:cool: ok now halucinting about Reynolds, Ga. :cool: I would have never thought of goin this fast as some of us have ...damm car doesn't make a sound ...just rips down the track ..ok been a long day here..back to some more halucinating :p AS USUAL GOTTA GIVE JULIO THE "ATTABOY" FOR DRAGGING US TO ALKY:biggrin:

congrats Dan.cant wait to meet you in Reynolds and put a face to your screen name;)

Was this on radials?

Will she be allowed to run tommorrow.. I mean its a different day :wink:

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopefully I will have the TTA at Reynolds, had some issues trying to get resloved!!!!

AGAIN WAY TO GO PUMP GAS AND ALKY ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS JD :D :D :D :D

Congrats..... Dan... Melissa..... Russ.....

You guys (gal) deserve it....

I will see you at Reynolds. I will be there with 88GNX with the black SII T6 Iroc. Trying to learn from the guru's...

Was this on radials?

Will she be allowed to run tommorrow.. I mean its a different day :wink:

ya radials :cool: went there this morning an were not welcomed unless we wanted to run slower :rolleyes: so we left and are now back home .. Getting ready for Reynolds in a few weeks .. goin to try new spark plugs :cool:

ok any Alky cars goin to Reynolds ???? JC take a vacation and come down to Georgia :biggrin: Guess it's suppose to be a really nice event as far as cars go !! ok still picking away at Melissa's .. new spark plugs .. and some chrome :cool:

Sorry Dan the TTA will not be ready!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :

I will be bringing a friends car thats running TSM

Can't wait to see you guys :D :D :D

thanks JD

hey JD .. hey take your time and get everything right ... I think we are done "thrashing" on her car .. spark plugs gave us a big headache :eek:

ok any Alky cars goin to Reynolds ???? JC take a vacation and come down to Georgia :biggrin: Guess it's suppose to be a really nice event as far as cars go !! ok still picking away at Melissa's .. new spark plugs .. and some chrome :cool:

Would love to be there Dan, but in the middle of harvest rite now........ looks like B.G. next for me..:cool:

well we are doin a track rental for a few hours and if everything is ok we are on the way to Reynolds:eek: .. Prob meet up with ya @ BG :cool:

well we are doin a track rental for a few hours and if everything is ok we are on the way to Reynolds:eek: .. Prob meet up with ya @ BG :cool:

Welll.. how'd it go... success.. plugs are a piece of cake :eek: ;) :D

Welll.. how'd it go... success.. plugs are a piece of cake :eek: ;) :D

Track rental @ 1 today :eek: :p .. just a few shakedown runs for the top end charge :wink: then providing everything is ok we are on our way to Reynolds for some "t shirts" :p