Fastest Pump Gas / Alky Car...?

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knew it would only be a matter of time!!!!!!!!!

thanks JD :D :D :D :D

Awesome MPH guys!! Thats movin!!

Post a pic of the slip? I wanna check that out!!

Nice job!! ;)

Not sure how much help it will be. Our track is pretty "gully" and the 1/8th MPH hasn't worked all year.

BTW, Jack Cotton came up for a visit and he can vouch for the track and John's slip......it was car # 4881

Attachments

• John9962_139826.jpg
    John9962_139826.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,164
I wasn't doubting you Mike. I just like checkin out the slip see where your gettin it done and where your not..... I know everytime we run, we're asked to show the slip. Keeps the good faith...;) We don't mind.....

1.44 60' is pretty good, I figured at 139 the ET woulda been better.... Like a high/mid 9.80 or something..... We haven't run a 9 yet so we don't know. We have the HP, not the 60' but we're workin on it.

You don't need a voucher, I believe your cars performance with what your runnin. Very believable.

Not sure how much help it will be. Our track is pretty "gully" and the 1/8th MPH hasn't worked all year.

BTW, Jack Cotton came up for a visit and he can vouch for the track and John's slip......it was car # 4881

I wasn't doubting you Mike. I just like checkin out the slip see where your gettin it done and where your not..... I know everytime we run, we're asked to show the slip. Keeps the good faith...;) We don't mind.....

1.44 60' is pretty good, I figured at 139 the ET woulda been better.... Like a high/mid 9.80 or something..... We haven't run a 9 yet so we don't know. We have the HP, not the 60' but we're workin on it.

You don't need a voucher, I believe your cars performance with what your runnin. Very believable.

Russ,

Sorry if my words came across as slightly defensive. I guess with these boards, the words are subject to interpretation. I am sure if we were having this conversation over beers, we'd be having a few laughs mixed in there too.......

Let us know if you see anything out of the ordinary. Without the 1/8th MPH its hard to guess if the car is falling flat at the top and/or the bottom.

The 60' is good, and the ET's look OK......

To be honest, I think the car may be nearing the end. That 109 with the 206 cam has very little left on the table........Although I said that when the car went 137 too..........

Hey Russ, don't mind Mike..... he's been a little edgy since we left the track. We were accused of several things by the locals there including using something other than a 109...... Some of them need to make it to BG and see how far 109's have really came. Dan and I would be considered slowwww!!

Don't let em get to ya.......;) You guys are kickin ass!!

Hey Russ, don't mind Mike..... he's been a little edgy since we left the track. We were accused of several things by the locals there including using something other than a 109...... Some of them need to make it to BG and see how far 109's have really came. Dan and I would be considered slowwww!!

Hey Russ, don't mind Mike..... he's been a little edgy since we left the track. We were accused of several things by the locals there including using something other than a 109...... Some of them need to make it to BG and see how far 109's have really came. Dan and I would be considered slowwww!![/QU

Congratulations John that is an amazing et and mph. When my brother Frank called me at work to tell me about your new record, I was amazed. Don't worry about what people say, they are just jealous they can't get their combo to work as great as yours with a 109 block and stock ecu. John do you have a girdle or billet main caps on your 109 block? I wish I could of been there to see your pass, I will be going back to the track soon, I hope you and Mike will be there because I like talking to you guys and seeing your cars run.

Marco.
T-Top 86 Grand National (61300km)
stock long block, stock suspension, 12 inch red stripe convertor (2800stall), te44, smc alk injection (95 % etanol), 25.5lbs boost, 94 octane, hooker cat back with dyno max ultra flow muffers, 42 ½ lbs 009 injectors, turbotweak alky chip, thdp, mease 24 row IC, Ron Custom max boost brake module, MT drag radials (275/50/15) 3835lbs race weight with driver. (Torque convertor locked only after car shifted in third), rjc power plate, rjc boost controller, zeitronix wideband, HR motor mounts, comp cam 980 valve springs.
BEST E/T
60FT=1.55
1/8= 7.34
1/4= 11.59
MPH=118
BEST 60FT=1.52

Yep, he sure was flyin, it was a beautiful day in Canada, my first trip up there in 20 plus years. A big congrats John again, especially after makin 2 passes with the Pumpkin, I can appreciate your efforts.... the track was pretty loose for me, I parked it and worked with my customer the rest of the day. It just amazes me what a good built RPE engiine can do, Both yours and Brians motor were built short blocks by Bobby with out of the box Champion alum heads, you running almost 140mph and Brian running 137mph the first time out is just amazing... You have a beautiful car there, keep up the good work, Bobby will be happy to hear the news... It was good meeting all of you guys and I look forward to another trip up there soon.

Congratulations John that is an amazing et and mph. When my brother Frank called me at work to tell me about your new record, I was amazed. Don't worry about what people say, they are just jealous they can't get their combo to work as great as yours with a 109 block and stock ecu.

Marco
Don't start accusing people when your were not there. The person who mentioned something to John told me that he made a mistake. But I am not worried for his Car as he will blow us all away when he gets to the track.

Good Job John. I enjoyed seeing your Car leaving the Line..:eek:

Congratulations John that is an amazing et and mph. When my brother Frank called me at work to tell me about your new record, I was amazed. Don't worry about what people say, they are just jealous they can't get their combo to work as great as yours with a 109 block and stock ecu. John do you have a girdle or billet main caps on your 109 block? I wish I could of been there to see your pass, I will be going back to the track soon, I hope you and Mike will be there because I like talking to you guys and seeing your cars run.

John has stock rods and crank with Diamond pistons... :eek:

Marco
Don't start accusing people when your were not there. The person who mentioned something to John told me that he made a mistake. But I am not worried for his Car as he will blow us all away when he gets to the track.

There was quite a bit more than just one person saying that they didn't believe what we were telling them, even with the car sitting right there.

And it's not so much the fact that they didn't believe the story, but it's more so in the manner in which they spoke.

They have every right to question and maybe even not believe what is being told to them, but please don't accuse anyone that they are lying......

Marco and Frank have always been extremely polite and respectful when coming to talk to us. They ask great questions that show an excellent understanding of how the cars work and what is needed to get there. I would welcome them in our pit anytime, and even stay a while.

Maybe I am making too much of this. (I have a tendency to do that). But I just think that John has earned every 10th in the car, and with the help of all the good guys around him that they all deserve some respect from these "13-second experts".......

Sorry for the rant.......

:redface:

There was quite a bit more than just one person saying that they didn't believe what we were telling them, even with the car sitting right there.

And it's not so much the fact that they didn't believe the story, but it's more so in the manner in which they spoke.

They have every right to question and maybe even not believe what is being told to them, but please don't accuse anyone that they are lying......

Marco and Frank have always been extremely polite and respectful when coming to talk to us. They ask great questions that show an excellent understanding of how the cars work and what is needed to get there. I would welcome them in our pit anytime, and even stay a while.

Maybe I am making too much of this. (I have a tendency to do that). But I just think that John has earned every 10th in the car, and with the help of all the good guys around him that they all deserve some respect from these "13-second experts".......

Sorry for the rant.......

:redface:

I was not aware that their was more than one person..
I know of only 1 and he will respond to this I am sure..
And for those who had a bad day like me and Claude, I am sure
we will get the problems sorted out soon.:rolleyes:

MY O MY WHAT A TANGELED WEB WE WEAVE....FIRST..I ,would like to apoligize to JC for telling him that i did not believe him,,,I GUESS i hurt his feelings.I was just useing my old buck tactict to get more info on his ride from the young buck,,,well i guess i insulted him,,,,but he did answer me back ,,I DONT CARE WHAT YOU BELIEVE...LOL NO RESPECT FOR MY AGE AND GRAY HAIR.I could be his father.....but it seems that mike is more upset then john,lets all commmmme down and get back to our buicks,,,, HAVE A NICE DAY BOYS O BY THE WAY ,JOHN YOUR CAR REALLY IMPRESSED ME.

Congrats to John!

Wow...what an interesting thread this has become!...:D
First, I want to publicly congratulate John (JC'sGN) for his 9.96 run!...
Second is that I personnally know "SNOWBIRD" and I am sure that he never intended to insult anyone...He's too good of a guy to do that! He was probably misinterpreted... By the way, I wasn't even aware of that bitter discussion that happened at the track!...:rolleyes:

After doing several tests at home with a friend of mine who is quite a good mechanic, (compression test- ok, cam sensor- ok, crank sensor- ok, etc...) we warmed up the engine and like at the track, as soon as there was a good "load" on the engine, the missing was there again...we checked the spark plug wires-ok, and we found out that cylinder #5 was missing. So we decided to change #5's spark plug with #1's and all of a sudden, it was #1 that was missing!!! I guess the answer was there! I just did not happen to have any spare plugs with me at the track, so there was no way for me to find out what was wrong...

Joe, I just hope you will have solved your mechanical problems... Let's hope we'll both be able to go back to the track and have a little fun at least one more time before the end of this season! :D

See 'ya guys!

Claude :wink: