Fastest ET on 93 octane.

robertf

So a friend ask me yesterday if a GN can runs in the 10's on 93 octane? Hell, I had no answer for that. While I have no plans on trying, I was embarrassed that I could'nt answer it.

without methanol injection?
ive gone 9.45 with 93 and methanol injection , murphster went 9.20 but hes a little lighter

Last edited:
Meth never came up. I was just blindsided with the question. I think his concern was how fast can you go before race fuel gets involved.

Meth never came up. I was just blindsided with the question. I think his concern was how fast can you go before race fuel gets involved.

TTA has been in the 10's on 93 ... I know its not the exact same .. but I am sure a GN has been 10's on 93

A turbo regal can run 9's on 93 octane with no anti detonant with the right selection of parts. It takes rpm and good cylinder fill at that higher rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the locals up here went 11.01 at 123 on 94...we have 94 up here. 109 stock stroke roller cam. TA heads. XFI with a 6131 and a PTC 2800 NL on 20 PSI on a 1.7x launch.

Last edited:
please elaborate on "almost bone stock"

TT chip, 60# injectors, adj FP regulator, hot wired Reds intank pump, gutted stock cat, M&H drag radials. At 3710#'s in 40F degree weather at Reynolds GA Buick shootout event back in 2010 or so. Only coudl run 16#'s boost, so really other than the chip, it had no real performance mods.

On pump gas on my 87 T back in 2000, even with a TE44, V4 intercooler, intake, no cat, open dump, THDP, etc, I could only run 16-17 psi boost before knock, so it only ran 13.1 @ 104 on pump gas only.

What is to point here ? To see how close to detonation you can get with out going over ? It’s like that song Take It To Limit . Lol I just don’t see the point of flirting with disaster when a alky kit is great insurance . Just my opiinon and prob doesn’t mean much I just wouldn’t push it on only 93 octane and risk blowing a head gasket or a piston .

Local guy in southern PA went 9.80's on 93oct only and 16psi. Stage 2 twin turbo, 400 with brake. Car is now in Iowa. I went 11.90s myself on 93 only @ 18psi with my old stock bottom/iron head 4.1. Agree it's not something that should be a goal. If you don't want to mess with alky then go the E85 route. Alky is nice as long as the pump doesn't fail.

E85 is nice as long as your injectors are not clogged. There's always something that can cost an engine.

TT chip, 60# injectors, adj FP regulator, hot wired Reds intank pump, gutted stock cat, M&H drag radials. At 3710#'s in 40F degree weather at Reynolds GA Buick shootout event back in 2010 or so. Only coudl run 16#'s boost, so really other than the chip, it had no real performance mods.

On pump gas on my 87 T back in 2000, even with a TE44, V4 intercooler, intake, no cat, open dump, THDP, etc, I could only run 16-17 psi boost before knock, so it only ran 13.1 @ 104 on pump gas only.
That's funny I was going to guess a 45 degree day. I'm glad you mentioned it. Awesome run!