Fastest 200 4R in the land?

Scott Atk

Anybody know who's running the fastest on a 2004R???? I'll throw my Len Freeman built 200 in the ring, but surely there's faster guys out there...

There was a Stage I car in Richmond that went 9.4? with a 200.

It had a 76 turbo, Motec, and A/C.

Sold early this year to ??

GN with a salvaged title, but looked brand new! Sold for around $20,000 to someone?? Had a cage in it. The trans was fried in a few passes, then the guy sold it.

Anybody know Greg Wood, or what happened to that car?

Greg did not race, just goofing off.

I believe Eric ran at least 9.50's, I ran 9.70's for a year with one of Erics plain Hi-pro trans....

I remember Greg Wood, I think I used to deal with him......

opps.... this is Jack Cotton, I was under Lorries name....

in 2003 i got 6 months and 85 passes out of our stage 1 2004r running 10.20 to 9.90s depending on weather and the track. i finally twisted the output shaft.pulled it apart and put a new shaft in and sold the car.its still going but has since broke the output shaft twice.finally the guy who bought the car bought and installed a billet input shaft ,ring gear and carrier.this was with a 3850 lb hurst olds with a mild 18 degree 406 small block and small supercharger.the car still wont run better than a 10.0 now.

I have seen the output shaft/ yoke twist from transbrake launches, this is why i decided not to put a bunch a money in the 200 as there is no easy fix for that problem.

Please also post how much $$ you got in the tranny to run that time.

I am on the fence here between the 200 or just going with the 400.

in 2003 i got 6 months and 85 passes out of our stage 1 2004r running 10.20 to 9.90s depending on weather and the track. i finally twisted the output shaft.pulled it apart and put a new shaft in and sold the car.its still going but has since broke the output shaft twice.finally the guy who bought the car bought and installed a billet input shaft ,ring gear and carrier.this was with a 3850 lb hurst olds with a mild 18 degree 406 small block and small supercharger.the car still wont run better than a 10.0 now.

WHAT ABOUT STREET USE..... WHAT ARE THOUGHTS ON A 200 WITH ALL BILLET PARTS THAT IS NOT LAUNCHED AT THE TRACK. WOULD IT HOLD UP OR IS IT ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE IT GRENADES? IM TALKING WITH A WELL BUILT 109 OR STAGE I OR II USING A 76MM AT 22 LBS OR SO OF BOOST ON ALKY? ANY THOUGHT WOULD BE GREAT. HOW MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE IS WEIGHT OF THE CAR GOING TO PLAY INTO THAT SCENERO WITH A 200? THANX...

Please also post how much $$ you got in the tranny to run that time.

I am on the fence here between the 200 or just going with the 400.

This trans was our basic Hi-pro unit 1595 plus core, off the foot brake.

Don't know who built it but I know of a stage II car that ran high 9's with one! I have a 109 car that runs nines and has had MANY 1/8th mile transbrake launches at 6.42! I think it was built by Mike Kurtz with all of PTS parts, at least that is what I was told!

I would make my decision based on the application for the car. Full race go with the 400; more street than race go with the 200! Just my .02's

My car only runs 10.40's at 128-129, but I have right around 300 passes on it. 90% of those were transbrake launches. Also mostly 1/8th mile passes. Car weighs 3500 w/driver, trans is by Brian Hofer. I know I'm not the fastest but I figured I'd throw it in there for reliability.

I've gone mid 6s in the 1/8 with a 200C. Now lets get down to life expectancy. I had to replace the direct clutch pack every 3 to 4 runs. Very easy to do with a 200C, but it gets old quick.

The quickest/fastest 2004r that I know of is 9.4's @ 147+ mph. Built by Vince Janis with all the billet internals.

K.

had to replace the direct clutch pack every 3 to 4 runs. Very easy to do with a 200C, but it gets old quick.

Seems everyone is getting a few hundred passes out of there tranny's and your getting 3-4? WHat are you doing wrong?
:rolleyes:

Seems everyone is getting a few hundred passes out of there tranny's and your getting 3-4? WHat are you doing wrong?
:rolleyes:
Got tired of trying to figure it out. The 200C just won't hold up like the 200-4R. I'm sure it has to do with the direct clutch feed circuit. The design left little way to improve the direct clutch feed rate through the pump cover. The 200-4R has a more direct feed from the VB. The direct pack is smaller with the 200C also. It would hold up fine at 600 HP or less, but 900+ is too much for it. Even McClay feels 600 to be the limit for a 200C. Just had to try for myself. That's about as technical as I want to go. I'm sure it's over the heads of most as it is.

You do realize that I'm not talking about the 200-4R, right? You know the difference between the 200C and the 200-4R?

Yes, i do but i thought the tranny;s used the same componets inside except the OD section, my mistake, sorry

Yes, i do but i thought the tranny;s used the same componets inside except the OD section, my mistake, sorry
Their very close in the guts but the hydraulics are almost completely different. DonWG, whats a 200C worth over a 200-4R in a 3500lb 600+hp car?

Their very close in the guts but the hydraulics are almost completely different. DonWG, whats a 200C worth over a 200-4R in a 3500lb 600+hp car?
I couldn't tell you. I never did a direct comparison between the two. I know that when I went to the 400 I lost one tenth. Some people are saying they went faster after going to the 400 from the 200-4R. You can draw your own conclusions from that.

I had my 200-4R built without any billet parts and a Art Carr shift kit and my own special tweaking that I won't mention.:redface: But it lasted from 1997 to Feb 2006 when I had it refreshed. It was still working fine but I figured with my recent upgrades I'd go ahead and redo it while the engine was out. The trans went from high 7's to mid 6's in the 8th at 107mph during those years. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones not to have it break all the time.