200 4r Monte Carlo ss or not ?

MR C

Picked up a 200 4r trans at the local Pick N Pull . I checked the Vin before going and it show up as a 1987 Monte Carlo SS, however when I got there the tag on the transmission shows 160-871HTF.355 (HTF unknow). I expected it to have a CZF on the tag. I pulled the transmission anyhow because they are hard to find. When I got home I pulled the pan and it has a pink valve body as shown in the picture. My question: is this a real SS transmission or not?

Here's the pics. The vehicle Vin is 1G1GZ11H2HP150461

Attachments

• 20220425_092154.jpg
    20220425_092154.jpg
    996.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 20220425_091430.jpg
    20220425_091430.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 124
What number is cast into the servo cover(end in 692)? I would say it might be but convincing a buyer to spend cq or czf money on a trans without those codes will be a tough sell.
Will it or can it be made to shift well? It might or can be made to.

If I remember right I thought the ht trans where in the diesel G bodies. But never know what they where doing in 87

Hard parts are getting hard to find. I pay $ 100-200 for a core to strip and just keep the parts. BUT i am in Canada and when you need something it is harder to find.

Hard parts are getting hard to find. I pay $ 100-200 for a core to strip and just keep the parts. BUT i am in Canada and when you need something it is harder to find.
Yes Kevin I been saving all 200 4r's I can find. At the moment I have have six and I'm suppose to be getting two more next week. two are in my own vehicles

What number is cast into the servo cover(end in 692)? I would say it might be but convincing a buyer to spend cq or czf money on a trans without those codes will be a tough sell.
Will it or can it be made to shift well? It might or can be made to.
Sorry Rich it took so long to reply, I don't use this site much and have a little trouble navigating threw it. Yes it has a 692 servo. I don't plan on selling it. I was more interested if it is a Monte SS transmission as it was in a 87 Monte Carlo SS as I thought they only had a czf in them. Maybe they're different in Canada who nose.

By the pix I'd have to think someone had a prob with the original trans and swapped some, most or all the czf specific pieces into this case. But with the g body making it's end no telling what GM put into them . I'd send it as you don't plan to sell. Probably do some pump and vb mods and some new clutches and band and see how it does if it were mine.

By the pix I'd have to think someone had a prob with the original trans and swapped some, most or all the czf specific pieces into this case. But with the g body making it's end no telling what GM put into them . I'd send it as you don't plan to sell. Probably do some pump and vb mods and some new clutches and band and see how it does if it were mine.
For sure Rich It. Rebuild for sure before going into anything. I also have a 200 4r (still in the car) out of a 87 cutlass 305 haven't looked at the tag on it but maybe good to compare the two, and again thanks for your thoughts